Passion in My Eyes, Ice in My Veins

Chapter 4

“Hey baby.” Matt smiled as I walked out of the school and down the front steps.

“Hey,” I said with a grin and pecked his lips once I reached him.

“Do you want to go to Cam’s party tonight? We’re going to be playing.” He smiled wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

“I have tennis practice,” I told him sadly, tilting my head up to look at him.

“So?” He shrugged. “You can miss one practice.”

“Matt,” I sighed, “my first game is in a few days.”

“And you’re amazing at it. Just come.” He smiled sweetly. “Please? This is the first time the guys and I will be playing.”

“Fine,” I mumbled hugging my books to my chest.

“Thank you.” He grinned and kissed my head as we walked back home.

A few hours later Matt came knocking on my door. “Leslie, where are you going?” My mother asked as I walked to the front door.

“I’m going to Cam’s house. Matt’s band is playing there tonight.” I smiled.

“Don’t you have practice tonight, sweetie?” She asked confused.

“Um. It got canceled,” I lied.

“Okay. Just be home at a reasonable time.” She nodded and let me leave.

“That was easy.” I laughed as I closed the door behind me, looking up at Matt.

“She’s actually letting you go to Cam’s?” He asked shocked.

“I know, I’m surprised.” I laughed. “I guess she doesn’t remember that he’s the guy who hid the pot in her underwear drawer.”

“I can’t believe he did that.” Matt laughed and shook his head as we walked to his car that was in his driveway across the street.

“He’s an idiot.” I laughed and got in. Matt did the same and started to drive to Cam’s house. “Are you going to drink tonight?” I asked quietly.

“Yeah, why?” He asked putting his hand on my knee.

“I just don’t want you to get hammered.” I admitted.

“I won’t baby.” He laughed and kissed my head, keeping his eyes on the road.

“You said that last time and you did.” I laughed a little and looked up at him.

“Well I promise I won’t this time. I’ll be too busy singing anyway.”

“Screaming.” I corrected him with a laugh.

We got to Cameron’s house and we both walked inside after parking. Matt let me go find the guys since he had to set up. I found Cameron, Jason and Matt Berry standing in a corner drinking.

“Hey guys,” I greeted walking over to them.

“Hey Leslie.” Jason smiled.

I could get along with Matt and Jason. It’s just the guys in Matt’s band that I never really got along with. Again, we were too different. “Beer?” Cam offered holding out his red up to me.

I grimaced. “I’m not much of a drinker.” I shrugged.

“Oh come on Leslie.” Jason urged. “I have never seen you drink.”

“So?” I laughed. “Why would you want to?”

“Cause you’re a goody-goody.” He teased.

“I am not!”

“You are.” Matt laughed a nodded.

I took Cam’s drink and took a long sip to prove them wrong. It wasn’t like me to do crash under peer pressure. But I did want to drink. Not a lot, but I wanted something.

“You drank all of it.” Cam frowned when I handed him the empty cup.

“Okay, now I believe you.” Jason laughed.

“Satisfied?” I laughed and wiped my mouth.

“Yup.” He grinned goofily.

“I think everything’s set up.” Matt said walking over to us. Matt smiled at me and pecked my lips. He pulled away when I kissed him back. “Have you been drinking?” He raised an eye brow.

“Jason and Matt kept teasing me, so I drank Cam’s.” I laughed.

He laughed and rolled his eyes then pecked my lips again. “Don’t get too crazy. I want you to actually remember me playing tonight.”

“I have self control. I won’t get drunk.” I’ve never been drunk before, and I didn’t plan on getting drunk at a dumb high school party. Maybe later but not with all of these people here.

“Well we’re ready to play. So come on.” He took my hand and walked over to the little area in the living room where drums, microphones and amps were set up. I saw all the guys up there already with their gear.

“Good luck.” I kissed him before he walked onto the stage.

“SHUT THE FUCK UP!” Cam screamed as everyone kept talking when Matt adjusted his microphone.

Everyone’s voice fell to a mere whisper. They all turned their attention to the guys and Matt cleared his throat. “We’re Avenged Sevenfold, and this is our first time playing in ‘public’. So sorry if we suck.” He laughed and turned to the guys to make sure they had the set list in order.

They started playing a song called Darkness Surrounding. It was really good, and I loved Matt’s screaming. I never would have thought he screamed like that just by looking at him. The guys were amazing, too no doubt. I knew right then and there that they would make it somewhere with the band.

I had a few drinks. And by a few I mean a lot. I was stumbling around the place while the band was playing. I was hammered, I was trashed. I was drunk and I didn’t like it.

“Leslie?” Matt asked confused walking over to me as I tried to walk out of the living room, but I stumbled and almost fell into the table.

“Huh? Oh hi Matt.” I smiled at him goofily with my eyes half closed.

“Oh god.” He laughed and held me up. “You’re drunk baby.”

“No I am not. I am perfectly fine.” I slurred, my brows furrowing.

“Come on.” He laughed and walked with me to the couch.

“No! I wanted to get a drink.” I tried to get up once he set me down.

“Uh uh. You don’t need any more drinks baby.” He laughed and grabbed a bottle of water he was drinking from while he was playing. He handed it to me and twisted the cap off. “Drink water.”

“I don’t want water.” I crossed my arms, whining.

“Leslie, please.” He sighed.

“Fine. Whatever.” I took it and took a sip then set it down. Suddenly I felt my stomach lurch. “I don’t feel good.” I groaned and held my stomach.

“Fuck.” Matt grabbed my arm and put it around his neck then ran to a bathroom. He closed the door behind us and I knelled down in front of the toilet. I wasn’t expecting to see what I had eaten earlier again.

“Ugh,” I groaned and rolled over so I was leaning against the bathroom wall.

“You look a mess.” Matt laughed and got a damp wash cloth and patted my face.

“Thanks,” I mumbled and closed my eyes.

“I should get you home.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me up once he was sure I finished puking.

I nodded and leaned on him as we walked out of the bathroom. He grabbed his things then we walked out of the house and to his car. “I never thought I’d be doing this.” He laughed to himself as he put me in the car and buckled me up.

“Yeah, yeah,” I mumbled resting my head back on the seat, just wanting to sleep.

We got to my house and Matt walked inside with me hanging off him. He walked me up to my room and sat me on the bed. “Put your arms up,” he told me as he grabbed the bottom of my shirt.

He stripped me down to my underwear and bra since I got crap all over my clothes and laid me under the covers. “Night baby,” he whispered in my ear and kissed my forehead.

“Matt,” I mumbled with my eyes closed, snuggling into the pillow. “Stay with me.”

“Are you sure? I don’t want to get you-” He stopped talking when I pulled him down next to me.

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me after kicking off his shoes and stripping down to his boxers. “I love you.” He brushed my hair out of my face.

“You too.” I groaned, just wanting to go to sleep. Finally I was able to, with many regrets of that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment or no more updates.