A Picture Changed My Life Forever

5AM

My eyes shot open. My forehead was drenched in sweat and my bangs were damp. My bretahing was heavy.

I'm sure I looked like some big, frantic mess.

"It's a good thing you woke up!" Gerard said, smiling.

Frank smiled too. "We've been poking you for the past fifteen minutes."

They were both kneeling to the level of my bed, so they were face-to-face with me.

I smiled at them. "I'm a heavy sleeper," I mumbled.

"We missed you, Sam!" Mikey yelled as he came in the room, a Starbucks cup in hand.

"I missed you guys too," I said, rubbing eyes.

I sat up on the bed. Frank started chasing Mikey around the house. Before Frank went out the door, he looked at me and winked, then he continued chasing Mikey.

I hugged Gee. "Frank really did throw something at you when you called him a midget," I said, grinning.

He hugged back. "And what would that thing be?"

"A piece of chicken."

He laughed. "So, what did you guys do here?"

I broke the hug. "Uh, played a little Guitar Hero II, talked. Alot..."

"What did you guys talk about?"

Was he really asking now? I considered teling him, but.... what came out was: "Oh, nothing. He just told me about how touring was with you guys."

I'm such a coward.

"Ah. Wait, Sammy? Have you been crying?" he asked, looking closer at my face.

"Huh?" I touched my face self-consciously. Sure enough, there were tearstains.

Then the dream came back to me. Ever single detail. I spaced out for a minute, I'm sure of it.

"Sam? Did something happen?" he asked.

I shook my head slightly. "Um, no, just a bad dream, that's all." I tried grinning, but failed. Instead, I had goosebumps.

He actually looked concerned. "Do you want to talk about it?"

I nodded and told him every single detail of the dream.

He listened intently, sometimes gasping slightly. When I finished my story, he pulled me into a bear hug. "It's okay," he said softly. "It's just a dream."

He started singing the fist lines of Skylines and Turnstiles. I smiled at him.

And there they are.... those beautiful hazel eyes....