Status: Complete.

Picture Perfect

Movie and Dinner

“I’ll only stop asking to see your room if you agree to go on a date with me,” William grinned like the moron he is.

I had no choice. “Fine, when’s this date?” I asked, totally uninterested.

William smiled in a somewhat gorgeous way, unlike his usual goofy-grin, “Tonight, of course.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I had no idea what Liam and I were doing for this date that he asked me to go on. I really didn’t want to go in the first place, but I really had no choice in the matter. Hey, as long as he pays for everything (he offered…) then it’s all good. Since I didn’t know what we were doing, I dressed nice, yet casual. I wore blue jeans with a teal sparkle-y tee shirt. I made sure to wear a blazer over top, as to cover my arms.

I walked down the stairs to get my shoes on. As I did so, I heard my father speaking to the television in a drunken rage. He was probably having an argument with the sports commentators or something, as usual. Much to my delight, he didn’t see or hear my coming down the stairs — how could he with the racket of the television? — otherwise he’d interrogate me about where I was going, as if I was a piece of property that he owned, or something.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I got to the curb of the sidewalk just as Liam pulled up. He got out of the car and opened my door for me.

Glancing over at me, he said, “Wow, Ems, you look good.”

I rolled my eyes, “Thanks, Liam. That’s, like, the best thing I’ve ever been told.”

He grinned from ear to ear, “Would I have gotten farther with the word ‘beautiful’?”

“Probably.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After we watched a movie, some movie that I totally wasn’t into, we went for dinner. It was an elegant place; with “eggshell” curtains covering tall windows. At least that’s what he told me the colour was apparently called. How could one tell the difference between white and eggshell. They honestly looked like the same colour to me.

“So,” William broke the silence, “Melanie called. She wanted to make sure that I wasn’t annoying you too terribly.”

“You talk about your sister with all your dates?”

He laughed, “No, Emily, just you.”

“Does her calling to make sure you’re not annoying me mean that she knows about you asking me out, and all that jazz?”

He answered short and sweetly by saying a simple, “Yes.”

I really wondered why Melanie would try to hook her man-whore brother up with her so-called best friend. Maybe she thought that I’d be good for him — or that he’d be good for me.

Did that mean that she knew what was happening in my life? If so, when did she find out? And how come she’s never said anything about it before?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. I know the story has been boring lately, but I promise it'll get better.
Please comment and stuff.
I apologize for the slow updates. With work, school, & homework, I don't really have much time. :(

♥Taylor♥