Status: Complete.

Picture Perfect

Stay for Dinner?

Bobby broke the awkward silence. “That’s my uncle.”

Emily looked at the photo of which Bobby was pointing to at the time. She had a confused look on her face. She did not know what to say or do.

“That’s Em’s father,” Melanie said for Emily. “That means you two are cousins! Why didn’t you tell me so?!” She didn’t seem to get it. They didn’t know, up until that point that they were cousins.

“Yeah,” Bobby said, “I guess so.”

After about fifteen minutes of silence, Mel announced that she had to get going home. William was home for the weekend. She hadn’t said it, but Emily knew it nonetheless.

Bobby stayed behind after Mel left. Emily and he talked about things. Like the reasons they didn’t recall ever meeting or that they were related. They listed many possible reasons, none being the correct one. Not exactly anyways.

“Bobby, would you like to stay for dinner?” Emily asked him.

“You’re asking that rather suddenly, don’t you think?”

“Probably, but we’re family.”

“Won’t your folks get mad?” Bobby asked.

“Well, maybe, but they shouldn’t. As I said, we’re family. You seem to be avoiding it, Bobby.”

He was. He didn’t know why, but he didn’t want to stay over. Emily’s parents had never told her of him. Maybe they didn’t know she forgot. They’d never had his part of the family over for anything, not since the picture anyways. Maybe they were too busy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I thought I posted this one, so I neglected to write a new chapter until today, which I was going to post. Until I noticed I was a few chapters behind on updating. Woot.
Comments please? I love them. And you.

♠Taylor♦