What A Family Shouldn't Be

Chapter 34

Hima looked at Mack and said “ Mommy says not to hold back and find someone to marry.”

Mack hugged Hima as they both cried and Mack said “ Never, I love your mom to much to marry someone else.”

Hima nodded, looked at Mack and said “ I'm so sorry, dad.”

Mack shook his head and said “ No, I should be sorry. I got mad at her for being pregnant. I wanted to be a father to my own child.”

Hima said “ I know what you mean. Maybe later mom will come back and live with us again.”

Mack said “ Well, we need more room now.”

Hima said “ Well, their's always mom's studio.”

Mack shook his head and said “ No, that belongs to her.”

Hima nodded, looked down and touched her belly. Down in Cape Coral, I was going around looking for jobs in art. Once a person noticed the I was Maryann Price, famous painter, it was hard trying to stop the calls for jobs. I settled on a job painting scenery for a few plays and I loved it. After two years, my son Jr was such a great boy. He never made a fuss over anything and was well behaved. After I got off of work, I went to pick up Jr, got home and my message was beeping.

I played the message and it was Mack. Mack: “ Maryann, I need you to come back home, something happened to Hima and the doctors say they need to test your blood. Please, come back, for Hima.”

I began to cry, looked at Jr and I put him into his playpen. I packed us both a suitcase, called the utilities and I called the airport. I got two tickets up to St. Louis, Missouri and I sighed. I made Jr and I some lunch, fed Jr and I ate my sandwich. I packed up Jr's baby bag, called the owner and I gave my months rent in advance. I drove to the airport, put my car in storage, picked up Jr from his seat and I grabbed our suitcases. I walked to the terminal, got out tickets and walked to our gate. I waited an hour before we were able to board the plane. On the plane, they had split me and Jr up.

I began to complain about it and a passenger said “ Ma'am, you can have my seat to be with your little boy.”

I smiled and said “ Thank you so much.”

The man nodded, smiled at me and watched as I sat down with Jr. During the plane ride, I was a little tired. But I knew I couldn't go to sleep. So once we arrived, I called Mack who quickly came to get me. Mack saw Jr, looked at me and sighed. I looked away and Mack drove me to the hospital. Once there, I spoke with a doctor who tested my blood.

The doctor came in after three hours and said “ Maryann, you are a match. We can give Hima the transfusion now.”

I smiled and was led to another room. They hooked me and Hima to a device that filtered my blood into Hima. After a day, Hima woke up to my smiling face.

Hima looked at me and asked “ Mom, is that you?”

I nodded and said “ Yes, it is me. You gave me such a beautiful granddaughter.”

Hima smiled and said “ I know, I love her so much.”

I hugged Hima and said “ You're going to be all right. Doctors say you will recover one hundred percent.”

Hima smiled, looked around and saw Jr. I said “ This is Jr, your brother.”

Hima smiled and said “ He's adorable.”

I nodded and I heard someone say “ Maryann.”

I looked to the door and I saw Bob standing there with Honey and Kaitlin.

I said “ Hello, how are you?”

Kaitlin said “ Wanting to see his baby.”

I looked at Jr and said “This is Robert Jr, he is now two years old.”

Bob looked at the little boy who had crystal blue eyes and was sucking his thumb. Bob began to cry and walked up to Jr. Jr looked at Bob, got scared and hid behind my legs.

I chuckled and said “ Baby, it's okay, this is your daddy.”

Jr looked up at me and said “ Momma.”

I smiled, picked Jr up and I said “ This is Hima, your sister.”

Jr looked around, saw Honey and began to reach for her. Honey looked at Jr shocked, looked away and began to cry. Kaitlin left the room with Honey and Bob looked at me.

I said “ Well, you saw him, you can leave.”

Bob said “ Don't be so harsh with me, I've done nothing wrong.”

I said “ I know that, but still please leave me with my daughter and son.”

Bob nodded, looked at Mack's glaring eyes and left.

I held Hima's hand, smiled at her and said “ I'm so happy that I could save you.”

Hima smiled and asked “ Mom, will you come home now?”

I looked at Hima, looked away and said “ I don't know. I mean, I still have a life there.”

Hima began to cry and said “ Please, I still need you with me.”

I looked away from Hima's teary eyes and I said “ Baby, let me think about it. I need some time to think.”

Hima asked “ And if I was dying, would you still need time to think?”

I shook my head, kissed Hima's head and said “ No, because you are important to me.”

Hima said “ Then don't leave, come back to us.”

Jr crawled up onto the bed, sat next to Hima and looked at me. I began to cry, looked at the kids together and I fell to my knees crying.

Mack got up, embraced me and said “ Please, come back to us. We need you, I need you, Maryann.”
♠ ♠ ♠
To my readers and subscribers