What A Family Shouldn't Be

Chapter 35

I looked up at Mack and I asked “ You still want me after all I've done?”

Mack said “ Maryann, I love you, I always have, please, come back.”

I nodded and Mack hugged me tight.

I smiled, looked at Hima and said “ I will move back. Could you two watch Jr for me?”

Mack nodded and said “ Sure, I don't mind.”

I smiled, looked at Hima and said “ I'll be back in a few days.”

Hima nodded, held Jr and rocked him to sleep. I smiled and I left the hospital. I called a cab, went back to the airport and I went back home. I spoke with my land lord, sold all my furniture, took everything off, and I took the money I had and went back to St. Louis. Mack picked me up with Jr and Heather, smiled at me and kissed my lips. I smiled, hugged Mack and we drove back to the hospital.

Hima smiled at me, drank her milk and said “ Finally, I get you back home.”

I smiled, kissed Hima's head and said “ It's good to be with my family again. I missed you so much, it hurt just thinking about you and that I left you.”

Hima said “ Mom, I know it hurt, it hurt us all. But the important thing is that you're back.”

I smiled, fed Jr and Mack fed Heather. I smiled and I said “ You did good, baby.”

Hima looked down, sighed and looked at me again.

I asked “ Baby, what's wrong?”

Hima said “ Mom, I'm pregnant again.”

I looked at Hima shocked and asked “ By who?”

Hima looked away and kept quiet.

I looked at Hima wondering and I looked at Hima shocked. I looked at Hima, at Mack and I began to cry.

Mack said “ Maryann, I'm so sorry.”

I looked away from Mack, picked up Jr and I walked out of the room.

Hima asked “ Do you think she'll leave again?”

Mack said “ I don't know, I mean, I think to Maryann, we were only father and daughter.”

Hima said “ I did see you like that, but now things are different.”

Mack said “ I know, but it hurt her.”

I walked back into the room, looked at Mack and said “ I want you to marry Hima.”

Hima said “ What?! I am not marrying Mack.”

I said “ You will, or I leave for good.”

Hima looked at me shocked, looked at Mack and Mack said “ Hima, we have to do the right thing here.”

Hima sighed, nodded and said “ All right, I'll marry Mack.”

I nodded, looked at Jr and said “ Well, you're going to be an uncle again.”

Jr giggled, yawned and fell asleep on my shoulder. I smiled at Jr and I sat down in the chair. Hima looked at me and noticed I was way in the corner singing to Jr. Mack looked at me crying and thought shit, I hurt her again. What will I do next?

I looked up at Mack angrily and said “ God damn it, Mack. You are so much older than Hima. Why would you do this?”

Mack said “ Maryann, I couldn't stand not having you. You told me to find someone and I did.”

I said “ I didn't mean my daughter, this just seems so wrong.”

Hima asked “ Will you move in with us?”

I said “ No, I'll get my own place, I don't want to be involved in your business.”

Hima said “ Mom, I...”

I shook my head and said “ No, don't even say it. If you were, you wouldn't have done it in the first place.”

Hima sighed, looked away and began to cry.

Mack embraced Hima and said “ Baby, don't cry. Please, think about the baby.”

Hima said “ We shouldn't have done anything. I mean, I always thought you would marry mom, not me.”

Mack said “ Well, I did too. But things are different now.”

Hima said “ Well, I don't like how things have turned out, I mean, to me, you are my dad.”

Mack said “ I know what you mean, but no more, I'm the father of your baby.”

Hima sighed and I asked “ Mack, could you bring me the apartment section?”

Mack nodded, left the room and I looked over to Heather and I began to cry.

Hima said “ Mom, I am sorry, I didn't mean for this to happen.”

I asked “ What made you do it in the first place?”

Hima sighed, looked at me and said “ I haven't been touched since I had Heather. Mack and I were needy and we couldn't help the desires for sex.”

I looked away from Hima and I said “ Well, you will marry Mack, their is no more for us.”

Hima nodded, looked at Heather and watched her walk over to me.

I hugged Heather and I said “ It's okay, grandma is here.”

Heather smiled, sat in my lap and fell asleep.

I smiled, kissed Heather's head and said “ Good night.”
♠ ♠ ♠
To my readers and subscribers