What A Family Shouldn't Be

Chapter 42

Jr smiled, got into the bathtub and began to play with a rubber ducky. Gerard smiled, looked around for the baby soap and gave Jr a bath. Jr enjoyed being cared for by a man. Jr never had that feeling of father and son. After Gerard finished with Jr, Gerard lifted Jr out of the bathtub, wrapped Jr in a towel and Jr quickly fell asleep. Gerard sighed, walked to the baby room and dressed Jr. Jr woke up to hear Gerard read him a bedtime story and loved the feeling. Jr saw Gerard as his father, a male figure that cared for him. Gerard smiled as Jr fell asleep and really felt like he was a father. Gerard walked to his room, got dressed down to his boxers and called it a night.

After a week, I woke up as a nurse was trying to take out blood. I looked away from the nurses surprised eyes and I felt bad. I asked the nurse for a plastic and I puked. I sighed after I puked and I knew I was right. I was indeed pregnant and my blood would show it. After noon, I received lunch and I could barely touch it. I was feeling to sick to hold any food down. I sighed, took a cracker and nibbled on the edges. At six, I knew that visiting hours were now open and my first visitor was Bob.

I said “ Hello, Robert, how are you?”

Bob looked at me hurt and said “ I'm hurt.”

I asked “ Why are you hurt?”

Bob said “ You and Gerard.”

I said “ Bob, you're married, so don't be hurt by me and Gerard. I love Gerard a lot.”

Bob said “ I am still hurt, I mean, I've always had a crush on you.”

I said “ Well, we can't be anything, you have your wife and I'm Gerard's girlfriend.”

Bob sighed, nodded, walked over to me and kissed my lips passionately. I looked at Bob surprised, watched as Bob left and I couldn't believe what just had happened. After an hour, Gerard and Jr came to see my nibbling on crackers.

Gerard smiled, kissed my lips and said “ I missed you so much.”

I hugged Gerard and said “ I missed you to, how has Jr been acting?”

Gerard said “ Jr has been acting like if he was my son.”

I smiled, looked at Jr and noticed how Jr looked at Gerard with much love.

Gerard smiled at Jr, looked at me and asked “ Did Jr not have a father figure?”

I shook my head and said “ No, he never had a father figure. I mean, Bob is his father and lived here. I lived down south and I never dated. Work and taking care of Jr were my priorities.”

Gerard nodded, sat Jr on my bed and Jr climbed up my body. I smiled at Jr, kissed Jr's cheek and I held Jr close. Gerard looked at me and a doctor came into my room.

The doctor said “ Maryann, I'm Dr. Johnson, I am an OBGYN doctor. I checked your blood and you did come out positive for pregnancy. I was wanting to see if you need any advice for this pregnancy.”

I asked “ What do I need to know about this pregnancy?”

Dr. Johnson said “ Maryann, you are carrying twins.”

I looked at Dr. Johnson shocked, looked at Gerard and his eyes were just as big.

Gerard asked “ How do you know she's carrying twins?”

Dr. Johnson smiled, looked at Gerard and said “ I'm guessing you're the father.”

Gerard nodded, looked at me and I almost fainted. Gerard fanned me with his hands and Dr. Johnson smiled at us.

Dr. Johnson said “ I know that Maryann is having twins because in her blood, Maryann has not only another set of female estrogen, but also has testosterone levels.”

I looked at Dr. Johnson shocked, looked at Gerard and we shared a kiss.

Gerard said “ I can't believe it, we're having twins.”

I blushed, nodded and said “ Boy and a girl.”

Gerard smiled, kissed my lips and said “ Maryann, will you marry me?”

I looked at Gerard shocked, saw Gerard pull out a three carat diamond ring and looked at me. I began to cry, nodded and Gerard slipped the ring onto my finger. I looked down at It, touched my small belly and I felt so happy. Jr smiled at me and couldn't wait to be a family. Jr knew what was happening, Jr could tell by my smile.

I said “ I think Jr likes the idea of calling you dada.”

Gerard blushed, kissed my lips and touched my round belly. I smiled up at Gerard, looked to the door and saw Bob looking at me upset.

Bob's expression on his face changed as he walked into my room saying “ Well, congratulations, I hope you two have a wonderful life.”

Gerard asked “ Why are you so hostile to the idea of me being with Maryann?”

Bob scoffed and said “ Don't worry about me, just think about her.”

I looked at Bob shocked as he called me a her and I couldn't believe what was happening. Gerard looked at Bob shocked, looked at me and I quickly looked away.

Gerard asked “ What are you two hiding from me?”

Gerard looked at me, saw my tears and I said “ Gerard, Bob loves me also.”

Gerard looked at Bob shocked, watched Bob turn away and began to cry.

Gerard said “ I'm sorry that you feel that way, Bob, but I'm going to marry Maryann.”

Bob looked at me hurt, looked into my eyes saying “ I divorced my wife to be with Maryann, I love Maryann so much.”

I looked at Bob shocked, looked away and I knew this was not going to turn out well.

Gerard looked at Bob, looked at me and asked “ Maryann, which one do you want to be with? Please, give me an answer.”

I looked at Gerard shocked, looked over to Bob an I was torn between the two. I couldn't decide who I wanted. I shut me eyes, drifted to sleep and I avoided the entire conversation. Gerard sighed, lifted Jr off of my bed and walked away feeling sad. Bob looked at me, sighed and walked to my body.

Bob whispered in my ear “ Maryann, I love you with all of my heart, please, make a wise choice, I'm falling apart.”

Bob sighed, kissed my lips and walked out of my room. Those words drifted into my sleep and I began to dream of Bob. Watching Bob play with our kids and just having fun as I was pregnant again. I awoke gasping and I began to cry.

A nurse came into my room, checked my vital signs and said “ Maryann, your blood pressure is high.”

I nodded, sighed and I lay my head back onto the pillow.

In the morning, I was looking down to my feet when Gerard walked into my room.

I asked “ Where's Jr at?”

Gerard said “ I have my brother watching him for right now. We need to talk.”

I looked up at Gerard thinking and Gerard asked “ Maryann, who do you want to be with? I mean, if not me, I want my ring back.”

I sighed, removed the ring from my finger and Gerard looked at me shocked.

Gerard asked “ Why would you want to leave me?”

I said “ Gerard, I can't be with a man that raped me and then expects me to be his wife.”

Gerard looked at me shocked, went to talk but Bob slapped Gerard.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do you think??

again, I dedicate this chapter to all my readers and subscribers