What A Family Shouldn't Be

Chapter 44

Bob and I were still kissing when Jr began to protest. Bob and I chuckled, looked at Jr and we both kissed Jr's cheeks. Jr made a grunting sound as we kissed him and Bob laughed.

I said “ Boy, I wonder who he takes after.”

Bob chuckled, smiled and said “ Of course he takes after me.”

I smiled and asked “ Bob, why did you sleep with me before, when you were married?”

Bob looked at me, looked away and said “ I loved you ever since you first came to the hospital. Just being with you, seeing how spunky you were, my desires for you only got stronger. Why did you choose me if you loved Mack?”

I blushed, looked Bob in the eyes and said “ Bob, a small part of me loved Mack at the time, being with you made me feel complete, like someone actually cared for me.”

Bob said “ Maryann, I love you with all my heart. I wish nothing that happened before ever happen to you, but I can't turn back time. I just know that I'm here, alive and well. I want to be able to raise my children, those who I create, not like a lie that I was living.”

I asked “ Whatever happened to her?”

Bob sighed, looked at me and said “ She returned with the father of her children.”

I sighed, shook my head and said “ Some people never know what they have until it's gone.”

Bob said “ You know, I miss those little rug rats, but I'm feeling so much joy right now, to be able to be with the woman I love and my son.”

I smiled, looked at Bob and said “ It will take me a few months before I heal, but I look forward to seeing you more often.”

Bob nodded, kissed my lips and said “ I can't wait till next week, I want to picture you right now, wearing a beautiful gown for your daughters wedding.”

I blushed, smiled and said “ I can't wait to see you wearing a handsome tailored suit.”

Bob blushed, nodded and said “ I should get Jr home, he needs to eat.”

I said “ Here, take my apartment keys, it's Condo Comforts, 26 Barber Avenue.”

Bob nodded, took my keys and said “ I'll go take Jr home so that he can be in his surroundings.”

I nodded, kissed Jr, kissed Bob and watched them leave.

Gerard entered my room and said “ I heard you miscarried.”

I looked away from Gerard and I said “ Yes, I did miscarry.”

Gerard asked “ So, when is the big wedding?”

I said “ We are going to date before we think about marriage.”

Gerard sighed, looked at me and knew that I loved Bob. Gerard said “ Maryann, I'm sorry for what I did to you. I know it was not my best judgment.”

I asked “ What happened to make you do it in the first place?”

Gerard sighed, looked into my eyes and said “ Maryann, I began using again.”

I asked “ What do you mean by using?”

Gerard said “ I started doing drugs again. My divorce hit me hard and all I could do was drink and sniff crack.”

I sighed, nodded and said “ Gerard, go get yourself cleaned up. You aren't going to attract healthy women if you are using.”

Gerard sighed, nodded and said “ Again, I'm very sorry.”

I said “ Gerard, we all need time to heal and using only puts a cover over our problems.”

Gerard nodded, turned and walked out of my room. I sighed, lay my head on my pillow and I fell asleep. In the morning, I awoke to a nurse coming into my room to take some blood. I sighed, watched the nurse remove four vials of blood and I fell back asleep. An hour later, breakfast came up and I slowly ate my food. In the afternoon, Bob and Jr came to see me and I felt so happy. Once I was out of the hospital, Bob was busy trying to help me in my house. We began to grow stronger and our love just kept blossoming. Today, Saturday, it was Hima's wedding day. Bob had gone home to get dressed and I searched through my dresses for a nice gown. I found a peach colored dress and I took a quick shower with Jr. By ten that morning, Bob came to my house and rung my door bell.

I smiled, held Jr's hand and walked to the door. I opened the door to see Bob wearing a beautiful black tailored suit. I blushed, smiled up at Bob as Bob kissed my hand.

Bob said “ Good morning, Maryann, I'm your date today.”

I chuckled, kissed Bob's lips and Jr tried to climb Bob's leg. Bob laughed, lifted Jr off of the floor and looked at me. I went back into my condo, grabbed my small purse and keys. I locked the door, took Bob's hand and we walked over to Bob's Lincoln MKX. Bob smiled down at me, opened my door and closed it once I was seated. Bob went around the car, opened the passenger door and let Jr sit in his chair.

Jr gladly took a seat, buckled in and said “ Dada.”

Bob smiled, closed Jr's door and went into the front seat.

Bob got into the car, buckled in and started the car. Bob looked at the direction, turned onto the street and drove over to the hall. I smiled, watched Bob run around to my side and opened my door. Jr was in the back, hands pressed on the window for Bob to open his door. Bob chuckled, opened Jr's door and Jr held Bob's hand.

Bob smiled down at me, down at Jr and said “ Maryann, you look stunning.”

I blushed and said “ Bob, you are a handsome date, you're going to make men jealous.”

Bob chuckled, held the door open and I went into the hall and waited for Bob. Bob walked over to me, held my hand and Mack came up to me.

Mack said “ Maryann, Hima needs you right now.”

I sighed, nodded and I said “ Please, wait for me.”

Bob said “ You know I will.”

I smiled, went into a side room and Hima was crying her eyes out.

I asked “ Baby, what's wrong?”

Hima looked up at me, hugged me and said “ Mom, I'm so scared.”

I asked “ What are you scared about, baby?”

Hima said “ Mom, I'm scared to get married.”

I chuckled and said “ Baby, everyone is scared at first, but what matters is when it happens. You are just emotional because of the pregnancy. How far are you, anyways?”

Hima sighed, looked at me and turned to the side. I took a look and Hima was already showing pretty big.

I looked at Hima wondering and Hima said “ Mom, I'm carrying twins, I'm five months pregnant.”
♠ ♠ ♠
To my readers and subscribers