Sequel: Always and Forever

Hello Beautiful

Chapter Fourteen

“That one,” Frankie said pointing to a shoe store as we approached it.

We walked in and I saw Kevin talking to a girl, which I’m assuming is the same girl that he ditched Frankie for.

I let go of Joe’s hand and walked up to Kevin. His back was faced towards me so he didn’t see me coming. I pushed him roughly.

“What the -,” He said turning around, “Jewel, what the heck was that for?”

“Did you know Frankie walked off by himself because you told him to go to the toy store alone?” I asked him angrily as Joe pulled me back a little.

Kevin’s eyes widened, “He actually did it? I thought he was behind me the whole time,” he said.

I shook my head, “No,” I said, “He was five stores away from here and he called me crying. Kevin, what the heck is the matter with you?”

“I didn’t think he’d actually leave,” he said softly.

“Well, he did what if he would have gotten kidnapped huh?” I asked him, “You would have been to busy talking to this girl.”

“Um, like, excuse me, I have a name,” the girl said.

I looked at her, “Did I ask you to join this conversation? Didn’t think so,” I said looking back at Kevin.

“Who are you? His babysitter?” she asked sarcastically.

My eyes widened and I looked at her, “You need to just stop talking you little -,” I was stopped by Joe’s hand over my mouth. I heard him laughing behind me.

“Okay, that’s enough,” Joe said in between laughs.

“Anyways, can I like get an autograph now that you’re all here?” she asked.

Joe raised an eyebrow at her, “Yeah, sure,” Kevin said politely.

“I’m going to take my hand off of your mouth but you’re not going to tell her anything at all. Don’t even talk until she leaves because I know you to well.” Joe said whispering in my ear.

I rolled my eyes and nodded my head. He removed his hand and I opened my mouth. But he put his finger to it.

“Nu-uh,” he said.

I kissed his finger with a smile; he laughed, removed his finger, and pecked my lips.

They signed a piece of paper for her and she left.

“I wonder what Denise is going to say when she finds out.” I said looking at Kevin with my arms crossed.

His eyes widened, “Don’t tell her, come on, it was an accident,” Kevin said.

“Why shouldn’t I? You lost her son; don’t you think she should know?” I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

He sighed angrily and walked out the store.

Joe looked at me with a smile, “Do you think I was mean?” I asked him.

He shrugged, “Well, he did lose Frankie, so I guess you have a reason,” he said.

I glanced at Nick, “What do you think?” I asked him.

“I agree with Joe, he did lose Frankie, but I’m sure didn’t do in intentionally you know?” he said.

I looked down at Frankie, “What do you think little man?” I asked him.

“I think you weren’t mean to him, you were too nice,” he said with a smile.

We all laughed.

We took Frankie to the toy store and bought him a few things.

And then we went to a few others stores to get more clothes.

I felt bad because Joe didn’t let me pay for anything. Whenever I’m with them they never let me pay for anything. I know the guys are always supposed to pay but still.

“I’m hungry,” Frankie said.

“Food does sound good right now,” I said looking down at Frankie.

“I agree,” Joe said as Nick nodded.

I called Kevin’s cell phone so that he could meet us in the food court.

“What?” He said answering.

I sighed, he was still mad.

“Kev, we’re going to go eat at the food court, meet us there, okay?” I said.

“Alright, I’ll be there in a few minutes,” he said.

Before I got to say bye he hung up.

I sighed again and put my phone in my pocket.

“He’s still mad huh?” Nick asked.

I nodded sadly.

Joe wrapped his arm around me, “It’s okay,” he said with a reassuring smile.

We headed to the food court and Nick and Frankie went to get burgers while Joe and I went to the Chinese Place.

“I’m paying for lunch,” I said before we go into the line.

Joe laughed, “Very funny,” he said.

I looked at him, “I’m not joking,” I said.

“Jewel, you’re not buying my lunch,” Joe said.

“Yes, I am,” I argued.

“I’m your boyfriend, I’m buying your lunch, that’s what boyfriends do,” he said.

I sighed “Joe please let me buy it, I feel like dang free loader,” I said to him.

He laughed, “Baby, you’re not a free loader if I want to do it,” he said.

“Still, just please let me buy lunch,” I said looking at him.

He wrapped his arms around my body and pulled me closer to him, he dug his face into my neck and kissed it gently, “Nope,” he said as he pulled away.

I sighed and gave up.

We got our food, and Joe paid.

We found Nick and Frankie sitting at a table and we joined them.