Sequel: Always and Forever

Hello Beautiful

Chapter Eighteen

*Jewel’s P.O.V.*

“I bet you they were making out,” I said hopping on Joe’s bed.

Joe grinned, “So what, let them,” he said hopping on his bed also, but in the process he tackled me and pinned my wrist down to the bed.

I laughed, “Get off of me, you freak,” I said looking up at him.

He made a face like he was thinking, “No, I’m fine just like this,” he said with a smile and kissing my cheek.

He moved his hands to my sides and began tickling me. I laughed uncontrollably.

“Joseph! Stop it!” I said in between laughs.

“Say, my boyfriend is the sexiest boy alive,” he said as he continued tickling me.

“But that’s a lie, Nick’s the sexiest boy alive,” I said in between laughs.

He stopped immediately and got off of me.

“Well, he’s downstairs go with him if you want to,” Joe said sitting against his head board.

“Joe, I was kidding,” I said sitting down right beside him.

Joe crossed his arms and shrugged, “Whatever,” he said.

I rolled my eyes, “How can you be jealous of Nick?” I asked him.

“You said he was the sexiest boy alive,” Joe said looking at me.

I laughed, “It was a joke,” I said.

“So, you don’t think Nick’s sexy?” he asked.

“Well…” I started.

“You see!” He said.

“Let me finish…jeez…yes, he is…but he’s definitely not the sexiest, and even if he was, you’re the one I like not him,” I said looking at Joe.

Joe smiled, “Promise,” he said.

I nodded, “I promise,” I said leaning in and pressing my lips against his.

I felt him smile against my lips then I pulled away.

“You know what I just realized?” I asked.

“Hmm…” he answered.

“Do you know how many girls would kill to kiss you?” I asked with a laugh.

He smiled, “A million…” he said.

“More like five million…” I said laughing.

“Well, you’re my one in five million,” he said looking at me.

I grinned, “Now, that is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me,” I said as I felt my cheeks start to burn.

He smiled and kissed my cheek.

Just then Nick walked into Joe’s room, “Mom said dinner’s going to be ready in awhile,” he said lying on Joe’s bed.

I laughed because his hair bounced as he lay down. I ran my fingers through my best friend’s fluffy hair.

“What is she making?” Joe asked as he removed my hand from Nick’s hair.

“Um, I think burgers,” Nick said as I ran my fingers through his hair again.

“Can you stop touching my brother?” Joe said grabbing my hands again and entwining both of my hands in his.

I rolled my eyes, “He’s my best friend I’m allowed to touch him whenever I want,” I said looking at Joe.

Nick laughed and then looked at Joe, “Dude, are you jealous?” Nick asked.

Joe scoffed, “Psh, jealous of you, please, get real,” he said.

“Then, what’s wrong with you?” Nick asked.

“Nothing, I just don’t want my girlfriends hands all over you,” Joe said.

Nick laughed, “I can’t believe it, you’re jealous,” he said.

“Shut up, I’m not jealous,” Joe said yelling a little bit.

“Yeah, you are! Look how you’re acting,” Nick said yelling a bit also.

My eyes widened, “You guys stop it,” I said to both of them.

“So, what if I am jealous, how would you act if Miley had her hands all over me, oh wait, how did you feel about Miley cheating on you with Cody!” Joe said loudly looking at Nick straight in the eyes.

My eyes widened even more.

“What in the world is the yelling for?” Denise said walking in and Kevin and Nina were behind her.

“Screw you, Joe,” Nick said standing up.

“Nicholas!” Denise said but Nick ignored her and walked out the room.

“Joe, what is wrong with you?” I said standing up and looking at him, “Nick’s my best friend, you shouldn’t be jealous of him, and you shouldn’t have said what you said either.”

“Well, he kept saying I was jealous and -,” he started.

“I don’t care what he was saying he didn’t go and rub something in your face like you did to him,” I said to him rudely then I walked out of the room and then I heard Denise’s voice.

I walked into Nick’s room to find him on his bed.

“Did you tell him?” Nick asked.

I shook my head, “Of course I didn’t, and you know I wouldn’t do that.” I said sitting next to him.

He sighed, “I figured you didn’t, everyone knows, I’m stupid for thinking no one knew,” he said.

I smiled sympathetically, “You’re not stupid,” I said putting my arm around him, “I’m sorry for what Joe said, he can be stupid sometimes.”

Nick shrugged, “I had it coming I guess,” he said.

“He shouldn’t have said it, Nick,” I said to him.

“Well, I shouldn’t have called him jealous,” he said.

I laughed, “He was being jealous, he shouldn’t be, I mean we’re best friends,” I said.

Nick nodded, “Yeah…friends,” he said quietly as I ruffled his hair and kissed his cheek.

Just then I realized that he said ‘friends’ in a sad tone, but I’m just going to pretend I didn’t realize it. Maybe I shouldn’t have kissed his cheek. It’s too late now.

Just then there was a knock at Nick’s door.

“Come in,” I shouted.

The door opened to reveal Joe.

I stood up and Nick did also but I pushed him down, “Stay here and talk to him,” I said pointing to his nose.

Nick smiled slightly and nodded, “Fine,” he said.

I started to walk out of the room but Joe stopped me, “You mad at me?” he asked.

I rolled my eyes, “Oh, no, of course not,” I said sarcastically.

Joe sighed, “I’ll take that as a yes,” he said sadly, “I’m sorry.”

“Why are you apologizing to me? You should be apologizing to Nick,” I said looking at him as I crossed my arms.

“I’m going to, I don’t want you mad at me though,” he said putting his hands on my waist, “I’m sorry.”

I sighed and put my hands on his arms, “I forgive you,” I said as he put his forehead against mine.

He leaned in and I pecked his lips lightly and then I walked out the room to let him and Nick talk.

Kevin and Nina were in the hallway.

“Want to fill us in on what exactly happened? My mom made us get out when she talked to Joe.” Kevin said.

I sighed, “I put my hands through Nick’s hair, Joe got mad, Nick called him jealous, Joe brought up Miley and Cody,” I explained quickly.

Kevin’s eyes widened, “Are you serious?” he asked.

I nodded.

“Are you talking about Miley Cyrus and Cody Linley?” Nina asked.

Kevin and I both nodded.

“How do you know?” Kevin asked.

Nina shrugged, “I watch the news,” she said.

“Well, yeah, that’s what happened,” I said.

“Joe needs to watch what he says,” Kevin said, “Oh! I invited Nina to stay for dinner.”

I smiled, “Awesome, I see you two have been getting along pretty well,” I said nudging Nina which made her blush.

“And I sort of asked her for her number, is that okay?” Kevin asked slowly.

I made a face, “Yeah, that’s fine, why do you even have to ask me?” I asked weirdly.

“Well, I mean, she’s your friend and stuff,” Kevin said.

I laughed, “She’s a big girl, she can make her own decisions,” I said.

“Yeah, I am a big girl,” Nina said laughing also.

“Let’s go downstairs, come on,” Kevin said grabbing Nina’s hand and leading here downstairs.

Nina turned her head and grinned at me.

Joe and Nick then walked out of Nick’s room.

“You guys okay?” I asked.

“Yeah,” they both said.

“Did you hug?” I asked.

“No,” they said laughing.

“Hug now,” I said crossing my arms with a smile.

They rolled their eyes and hugged each other tightly.

“Jonas love, how cute,” I said laughing as they separated.

They both laughed, “Let’s go downstairs and eat,” Nick said.

I nodded, “Yeah, let’s go,” I said as Joe grabbed my hand and we went down the stairs together.