Sequel: Always and Forever

Hello Beautiful

Chapter Two

I grabbed my phone and sent a text message to Joe, “Bad news.” I wrote and sent it.
About two minutes later my cell phone rang and it was Joe.

“Hello?” I answered.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“I’m not going to be able to see you guys when you get home,” I explained sadly.

“What! Why?” Joe asked.

“My mom wants to go see my grandparents for two months and we are leaving on Tuesday. It’s so stupid! I don’t even want to go at all. It’s so boring there!” I said as I started to cry.

“Hey, hey, don’t cry. Look we can figure something out,” Joe said.

“Oh yeah, like what?” I said.

“I don’t know…wait! I got it!” Joe said.

“Enlighten me please,” I said.

“Stay with us,” he said.

“What? Yeah right, I can’t just stay with you,” I said.

“Yeah you can, look I’ll talk to my mom. I’ll call you right back!” Joe said.

“Joe, do you think it’s a good idea, I mean I’m sure you guys don't want me there all
summer,” I said.

“Oh whatever, now you know that’s not true,” Joe said.

“I don’t know, Joe,” I said.

“Look, I’ll call you right back, and don’t worry. It’ll go our way,” Joe said.

“Okay, fine bye,” I said.

“Bye.” Joe said.

I rested my head on my pillow and drifted off to sleep.

“Honey, wake up,” my mom said.

I jerked awake, “What’s up, mom?” I asked.

“I’m guessing you talked to Joe because Denise just called me,” She said.

“Yeah, sorry,” I said.

“It’s okay, look sweetheart, if you don’t want to go with us to grandma’s you don’t have to.
You can stay with the Jonas’,” she said.

“Oh my gosh, really!? Thanks! Wait, what about dad?” I said.

“He won’t like it at first, but he’ll get over it,” my mom said.

“Thanks mom!” I said hugging her.

“You’re welcome. Now call Denise and tell her,” she said.

“Okay!” I said as my mom walked out of the room.

I dialed Denise’s number quickly, “Hello?” Mrs. Jonas answered.

“Hi, Mrs. Jonas!” I said.

“Oh, hello sweetheart, what did your mom decide?” she asked.

“She said that I can stay with you guys! Thank you so much for allowing me to,” I said.

“Of course, sweetheart, you know you’re always welcome here, and Joe begged me to beg your mother,” Mrs. Jonas said as she laughed.

“Well, thank you. Hey, I have an idea, let’s tell Kevin, Joe, and Nick that my mom didn't allow me to stay. And when they get here on Wednesday we can surprise them!” I said.

“Great idea, alright,” Mrs. Jonas said.

“Okay, I’ll call Joe right now and tell him the bad news,” I said with a laugh.

“Okay sweetheart, I’ll see you on Tuesday then,” Mrs. Jonas said.

“Okay. Bye bye,” I said.

“Bye,” she said and hung up.

I dialed Joe’s number and he answered quickly, “So, what happen? Can you stay?” Joe asked.

“No, my mom said that I can’t,” I said in a sad voice but with a smile.

“Oh,” Joe said softly.

“But it’s okay, Joe, I’ll see you when I get back,” I said.

“Yeah, that’s true,” Joe said softly, “I just miss you a lot, and I wanted to spend the summer with you.”

“I did too, maybe we’ll come back early,” I said trying to sound hopeful.

“Yeah, maybe,” Joe said.

“Well, I know you’re busy so I’ll let you get back to work. Call me later okay?” I said.

“Alright, I will, keep trying to convince your mom though,” Joe said.

“I’ll try,” I said.

“Okay, bye Jewel,” Joe said.

“Bye Joe,” I said.

I really hated lying to him. We promised each other along time ago that we wouldn’t lie to each other about anything. But it was for a good cause. It was to surprise him and his brothers.

I talked to Kevin, Joe, and Nick every night until Tuesday. They kept telling me to convince my mother to let me stay but I kept telling them it was impossible. I felt bad because the boys seemed really depressed about the situation. But I knew they would feel differently once they knew the truth.

-2 PM Tuesday-

“Okay sweetie, it’s time for us to leave, did you already take your things to the Jonas’ house?” my mom asked.

“Yeah, I did,” I said.

“Okay, well, call me if you need anything. I’ll be calling every once in awhile to check on you,” she said.

“Okay mom, and thanks again for letting me stay,” I said thankfully.

“Of course, I love you,” she said and hugged me.

“Love you too,” I said and hugged her back.

“You better behave young lady,” my dad said looking at me sternly.

“Of course dad, why wouldn’t I behave?” I asked.

“Because I know you like Joe,” my dad said.

“Do not,” I argued.

“Don’t lie about,” he said with a smile.

“I only like him a little, besides he doesn’t like me like that,” I said
.
“Yeah right,” my dad said.

“Dad, I don’t want to talk about this with you,” I said as my cheeks started to burn.

My dad laughed, “Okay, have fun, you have your credit card, so money shouldn’t be a problem and help Denise around the house too,” He said.

“Okay dad, I will. Love you,” I said hugging him.

“Love you too,” he said hugging me back.

“Bye Elijah, behave!” I said hugging my brother.

“I will,” he said hugging me back.

My parents left and I walked over to the Jonas' house.

“JEWEL!” Frankie shouted and hugged me.

“Hey, punk, what’s going on?” I said hugging him back.

“Nothing, let’s play Xbox!” Frankie said excitedly and dragged me to his room.

“Alright,” I said laughing and following him.

That evening I helped Mrs. Jonas with dinner and also helped her pick up afterward. After that I went to bed in the guest room.