Status: Updated regularly (every other day or so)

The Fueled By Ramen Analysis

Promises, Promises

I awoke with a start. Instead of hearing the dead of the night, my eardrums were overwhelmed by the thump, thump, thumping of my restless heart. My breathing was uneven and sweat was slowly trickling down my face. I took a deep breath and shut my eyes.

I looked to my left at the night table and tried focusing on the red glare coming from my Hello Kitty digital alarm clock. I rubbed my eyes, ridding it from the residue that had accumulated from all the tears and was finally able to read the time, 4:23.

You know that recurring nightmare you have as a child that goes away little by little until there’s nothing left but a memory? The nightmare that would leave your skin cold and marked with goosebumps? The one that made you want to sleep in your parents’ bed because you were certain that only in your parents‘ arms nothing would be able to get you. My nightmare was back and ever since I was 5, I would always wake up at the same time, 4:23. After 8 years of peaceful sleep, my nightmare was back and I didn’t have my parents to hold me tight and tell me that I was safe.

I reached for the lamp that I knew was there and spent the better part of a minute trying to turn it on. After my eyes adjusted to the light I got out of bed and ventured out of my room and into the kitchen for a glass of water. I turned on every light I passed just as I had when I was a child, waking up from the nightmare.

“Chelsea May?” someone said groggily from behind me, almost causing me to drop the glass. My body tensed up and I silently prayed that it wasn’t some creeper. “It’s me…Cupcake.”

I put the glass down and turned to Will. “Thank God you’re here,” I said, holding onto him tightly.

“Buttercup,” he said, stroking my hair. “What’s wrong?”

“I don’t want to talk about it,” I said into his chest. “Please don’t leave.”

“Alright,” he said soothingly. “Don’t worry Buttercup, I wouldn’t dare leave you alone on your first night. Sisky’s here too but he’s knocked out.”

“Thank you,” I mumbled, then looked up at him. “Cupcake?”
“Yes, sweetie?” he said, looking into my eyes.

“Sleep with me tonight?”

“Of course.”

We walked back into my room silently, climbed into bed, and went under the covers. I instantly laid my head on his chest and held onto him tightly. He wrapped his arms around me and softly began singing “I’ll Follow You Into the Dark” by Death Cab For Cutie. And in Will’s arms, I felt just like I had with my parents and even Ryan, safe. It felt as if nothing could get me and soon after the second verse I was fast asleep.

_______________________________________________________

I awoke to no Bill next to me. I looked around the bed and on the dresser for any note or explanation of his leaving but found nothing. I grabbed my phone and saw that I had a text message. I quickly opened it.

Good morning sweetie (; Hope you had a good night’s sleep in your new home. Pete and I will be back in a few days. If you need anything don’t hesitate to call. Actually call when you get this. We love you! - Ash and Pete

I instantly smiled and then proceeded to hit the green call button.

“Why hello there beautiful,” Ashlee answered. “Hold on for a sec I’m going to put you on speaker.”

“MAY MAY!” Pete cried loudly, making my ears ring. “I miss you best, are you feeling any better?”

“Yes I am actually. But Pete… I had the dream again,” I said, biting my lower lip.

“Oh no, you didn’t… why didn’t you call?” he said, sounding really worried.

“I was about to… but then I found out Bill was still in the apartment and I just asked him to sleep with me last night. I didn’t want to bother you guys.”

“You did what?!” Pete yelled.

“Baby, she probably meant sleep, sleep not sleep with her as in sex. Right Chelsea May?” Ash said, defending me.

“Definitely right! Best you know I’m not like that and he wouldn’t dare take advantage of me,” I replied.

“You don’t know him like I do May May,” Pete said seriously. “Just watch yourself okay? Don’t do anything crazy until I get back.”

“Okay Pete, I won’t,” I said as a million questions flooded my mind.

“Promise me, Chelsea May.”

“Pete,” Ashlee said, “calm down will you? Chels don’t take him seriously.”

“I promise, Pete,” I said as a lump formed in my throat. “I have to go now though. I feel all icky and I want to take a shower.”

“Bye sweetie!”

“Bye best, we’ll talk later kay? Take care of yourself.”

“Bye guys,” I said, ending the call.

What does Pete know?

Is he just trying to be over protective again?

Should I stay away from Will?

My phone buzzed in my hand and I looked at the screen. Cupcake <3
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M HORRIBLE.
Sorry guys, it's my senior year and with 3 AP classes, work, and volunteering I don't even have time for myself. But now that most of my college stuff is done with I'll be focusing more attention on this. Thanks to everyone who's still reading and keeping up, honestly you guys are amazing. With a new year, comes new updates keep your eyes peeled open for that readers (; Subscribe, comment, just show me some looove.