Status: Updated regularly (every other day or so)

The Fueled By Ramen Analysis

I've Got Nerve

“Didn’t you read the sign you guys? No shoes, no shirt, no service!” Pete joked, scooting over so we all could fit.

“It’s not funny,” I frowned.

“But it is! Look, Brendon’s toes are so pale” he said, pointing to his feet.

“Dude, just shut up already,” snapped Brendon.

“Okay man, just chill,” Pete said, dropping the subject. “So… May’s new car, don’t you feel like driving it all day long?”

“Yes!” Brendon answered, forgetting the tension that was building up just moments before. “The ride was so smooth the way here and it felt unlike any other car ride I’ve had before.”

“Hey!” Ryan whined. “Can I drive it next?”

“Of course,” I laughed.

“No fair!” Spencer whined. “I wanted to drive it next!”

“Me too!” agreed the rest of the guys at the table, excluding Pete.

“You guys will all have a chance to drive her car,” Pete answered for me.

I must have looked puzzled because he began to explain himself.

“Well they’re all staying here for the next two weeks, helping with the wedding and all and you’re staying with us too, so that means they’ll have plenty of chances to drive your new ride.”

“Wait, I’m staying with you guys until the day of the wedding?” I asked. “I wasn’t aware that you wanted me to stay that long.”

“Ashlee, you forgot to ask her, didn’t you?” Pete asked, turning to his left to face his fiancé.

“Umm yeah,” she said sheepishly, while turning to look at me. “So, Chelsea May, would you like to stay with us for the next two weeks? I kind of have a lot to do and I would really appreciate a female’s help an-“

“Say no more,” I smiled, cutting her off. “I’d be glad to help you guys out.”

“Yay!” she squealed. “While we take care of the wedding stuff we also have to find time to get you a dress and a date.”

She directed the last few words toward the boys and a majority of their heads perked up.

But before anyone could say anything else, a waiter who looked to be of Hispanic descent had shown up and I couldn’t help but stare at him. His hazel eyes were shining brightly and the smile on his face was absolutely gorgeous.

“Hello, I’m Josh and I’ll be your server for today. Are you ready to order?” he asked, his eyes never straying from my own.

“Actually, yes I am,” Pete said, blocking my face with his. “I would like the strawberry banana French toast.”

“And to drink?” Josh asked, scribbling down Pete’s order.

“Coffee.”

After each person finished reciting his order, Josh would face a new person and ask for their meal and drink order, before finishing off with me.

“How about you? What would you like to order?” he smiled.

“Umm, I’ll get the strawberry crepe please and a glass of apple juice.”

“I’ll be here with your drink orders shortly,” Josh said, turning towards the kitchen.

When he was out of earshot Pete pounced over the table and zipped up my Clandestine hoodie.

“The nerve of that server! Checking you out while all these guys are present. Doesn’t he know how to be professional? What if Brendon was your boyfriend and he still made googly eyes at you?” Pete ranted.

“Well I did want to change but someone wouldn’t let me,” I replied.

“Yeah, babe,” Ashlee agreed, defending me. “I mean if I were the server I’d totally check her out too. Look at what she’s wearing! Plus Brendon’s not scooted close enough or doing anything to make it seem like him and Chelsea are together except for the fact that he keeps checking her out every now and then.”

“Brendon, scoot closer to Chelsea and drape your arm around her. But stop checking her out,” Pete demanded.

Blush creeped up Brendon’s cheeks as he did what was asked of him.

“Sorry,” he said meekly.

“It’s cool Brendon,” I said. “I didn’t know Pete left his position as my best friend and traded it for being my father.”

Pete opened his mouth to say something but instantly closed it upon seeing our server walking with two huge trays filled to capacity with our food and drink orders.

“Here you go.” Josh beamed at us, placing whatever we had ordered in front of us. Upon seeing Brendon’s hand around my shoulder his smile faltered and his eyes lost their shininess.

“Enjoy,” he squeaked.

He then turned on his heel and rushed away from our table. I looked down at my food, feeling guilty.

“You’re a jerk, Pete,” I said looking him right in the eyes.

Instead of waiting for a response, I left the table.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIBBA BFF !

So all the positive feedback I've been getting from this has really put me in a good mood. I write a mile a minute and I can't seem to stop updating. Keep doing what you're doing cuuuuties!
Comment / Subscribe