The Adopted Romance

Chapter 12-Um...is he okay?

Heather's POV:
"Um... I'll.. go." Said Steve, rather cautiously. "Is it gonna hit me too?"
"Not if you remember to DUCK." I laughed
"Okay then." He answered, still sounding scared. He got in and i pushed the boat offshore again.
"Tacking in 3... 2... 1 NOW!" I commanded.
"Whaaa!" he cried as the boat tilted slightly from the wind.
"Don't worry, you did fine." I said,smiling.
"Phew!" He sighed
"We'd better head back to the beach, we've gone out quite a bit." I suggested.
"Yeah. I hope we make it back, y-know, ALIVE..." He mumbled.It made me laugh.
"Don't worry, I'm a great sailor." I said, smiling. When we made it back to shore-alive,yes-Steve jumped out of the boat as quick as possible.
"Yay. Land!" He yelled, burying his face into the sand and then, realising that he now had sand in his mouth, spat it out and made a face[...FUNNY MENTAL IMAGE XD]. Rob and Gerald came running down the beach to meet me with bad news written all over their faces.
"How's Mick doing?" I asked Gerald
"That what we need to tell you!He woke up and he can't see through his right eye!"
"Sh*t! Get him to a hospital NOW!" I yelled, racing up the beach." Jay, would you mind unrigging the boat for me and putting back in the shed? Thanks heaps!" I called to one of my old sailing friends as he nodded.
"Mick! You okay?!" I asked
"Oww! I can't see through my right eye!" He answered loudly
"Don't worry, we're getting you to a hospital now!" I yelled"Can you walk?! Do you want us to help you?"
"Oww." He mumbled
"Can you guys carry him onto the bus?" I asked
"Yep,let's go guys.1, 2, 3 lift!" Commanded Rob. They lifted Mick onto the bus and I walked in after them.
"The nearest hospital NOW! AND STEP ON IT!" Blake yelled to the driver. As we sped away, I paced up and down the bus, beating myself up for not paying enough attention to Mick.