The Adopted Romance

Chapter 14- The Charcoal Diamond

“Get in the bag, kid NOW!” Yelled the man, shoving me in a bag. I had a mortal FEAR of bags now. Hey, you would too, if you were kidnapped twice and shoved in a bag both times! I couldn’t believe that Gerald-no, GERARD and everyone else LIED to me. Didn’t they trust me? Did they think I would go all fangirl and like them just because they were famous?! I’m gonna go NINJA on them when I get back to them… if I get back at all…
I kicked and screamed like a little kid, and felt my foot connect with something mildly soft.

“Oof! You little!” He hit me on the head with something hard, then everything went black…

Gerard’s POV

“Oh god, did you see the way she looked at me…?! I hated lying to her!” I said, almost in tears

“Well, what are we doing?! We have to go save her! She’s counting on us!” Bob yelled, running out the door

“Yeah! Right behind you!” Yelled Mikey, jumping out of bed and running with Bob in his hospital gown.

“C’mon! Frank, Gerard, LET’S GO!” I dragged myself out of my chair and ran down the steps

“Where the frick did they go?! They were just here!”

“Well, maybe Gerard they have a wondrous invention called a CAR!” Frank snapped. He had never talked to me like that, but I guessed it was stress.

“Lookie, TYRE TRACKS!” Mikey pointed at some skids on the road.

“Well, we should follow them, seeing as there’s nothing else to do. Maybe they’ll lead us to Heather. My god, I hope she’s okay…” Bob said, worried

“Okay, let’s go!” Ray yelled, running after Mikey, who had taken off when he saw the hospital staff running after him.

Heather’s POV
My eyes fluttered open. I wasn’t in the bag anymore! But I was in a damp room that looked like a basement. I tried to move, but I was tied to a pole.

“Where am I?” I whispered to myself, barely audible because I was also gagged. What do they want with me? I didn’t do anything to them, I don’t even REGOGNISE them! I thought. I tried to make myself as small as possible to hide myself from whoever’s footsteps were echoing down the stairs.

“Alright, girl. Do as we say, and we won’t shoot you, deal?” The man rasped, his voice dry and harsh. I gave him a death stare and turned my head away. He walked over and put the gun to the side of my head.

“Don’t try to be smart, girl. I will shoot you, you’re no loss to us.” I turned my head back slowly and nodded.

“Good. Now, where’s the charcoal diamond?” I raised an eyebrow

Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about!!!!!” He yelled, pressing the gun hard to my temple. My eyes widened in fear as he raised his other arm and slapped me across the face, the gag muffling my scream of pain. If this was just to me raising an eyebrow, what would happen when I told him that I didn’t have a clue where the precious family heirloom was?

Frank’s POV
We followed the tyre marks until we reached an old, worn down mansion on the other side of town. We were crouching behind the red Ute out the front, catching our breath.

“She’s in there. This is the same car that took her last time!” Gerard whispered to me. I took a good look at the car and saw he was right.

“Okay, on the count of three, we run in and search the place, but be VERY QUIET!” I hissed. I waited for the mumbles of agreement to die down before holding up a finger, then two, then three and ran into the building, praying that Heather would be safe.

Heather’s POV (sorry for all the changes ><;;;)
I sat there still, not wanting to move in case the pain resurfaced.

“We’ll give you one more chance. WHERE IS THE DIAMOND?!” Screamed the woman who had now joined in the interrogation. I tried to say that I didn’t know, but that didn’t work, they didn’t believe me. I motioned to my gag, and tried to ask them to take it off, so I could ask them whom they were, and why them had beaten me up.

“I think she wants us to take the gag off… okay, put if you scream or call out, it’s buh-bye to your life.” Said them man, holding the gun to my head once more as he pulled the cloth down to my chin.

“I’ll tell you where the diamond is… if you tell me who you are, and why you want it.” I whispered weakly.

“Stupid girl, don’t you recognise us?!” He laughed. I took a good look at him.

“No… you’re not… you can't be!!” I gasped

“Ha ha, NOW you realise!” Sneered my 34-year-old brother, Ravon Syne (he had his name changed) and his 28-year-old wife, Malicia Syne. All hope left me. He was a ruthless killer, wanted in three countries and his wife was no better. He had always hated me, because I got the Charcoal Diamond since I was the second daughter of a second daughter of a second daughter. Confusing, huh?

“Wait… why did you say that I was you CHILD?!” I gasped

“Well, we had to get the people on our side!” Malicia smirked

“What the hell are you doing to her?!” Frank screamed, running through the door. Ravon turned the gun to him, ready to shoot.

DON’T SHOOT HIM! It’s under my bed at the orphanage!” I begged. Ravon and Malicia grinned wickedly

“Thanks kid, you just practically handed the whole world over to us just to save your friend!” Ravon said, running up the stairs, punching Gerard in the stomach as he did so.

“Heather!” He gasped, collapsing next to me and untying me. I grimaced at the pain, but relaxed, as I was able to slump down. He gently touched my arms where the rope had cut into my skin. I winced, and he pulled his hand back instantly.

“Heather, please talk to me, who were they, and what were they going on about?! Why did they do this to you?!?!” He begged, in tears. All the other guys were trying to be braver, but their eyes glistened with the same pain that was pouring down Gerard’s cheeks right now. I hated hurting people, and was ripping myself apart inside having to see them like this.

“That was my brother and his wife, and they were after a precious family heirloom called the Charcoal Diamond. Rumour has it, that whoever gains control over it…”

“Go on…” Said Ray

“Has the power to completely control others!” I finished, sobbing. I had never believed the story, but my brother was enough to change my mind.

“Well, we’ll just have to beat them to it!” Mikey piped up, “Let the race BEGIN!”