Maneuvers

Take a Break

"That was quick," London muttered towards me with a concerned face.

"What do you mean that was quick?" I growled, still not completely over the fight that Kyle and I got into.

"I'm just saying, you took Kyle back almost instantly. Why?" She paused, "The Chloe I know would usually stay pretty pissed off at her boyfriend for a good month or two before taking him back. I'm just saying, it's not you, why take Kyle back so soon?"

I shrugged, "Maybe I didnt want to lose him," I frowned meanly, "Did you ever think of that?"

"Please, Chloe ..." She sighed shaking her head, "That boy would wait an eternity for you. You're not pregnant are you?" She asked openly.

I shot her a mean glare, "No," I snapped, "Do you really think I would make the same mistake my parents did?"

"So, you think you're a mistake?"

"I dont think. I know I was. They never truly wanted me. My mom was all about the pregnancy, my Dad was out being a teenager. When I came into the world my Mom truly didnt want anything to do with me and my Dad stepped up to the plate, picking up the slack. My Parents didnt want to be parents that young. Why would I make that mistake?"

She shifted in her seat, "Babe, tell me why you're not on your way to Paris with Jared," She demanded, "I want to know.I know he's shitty, but the man has money and you know Jared would never lay a hand on you. He's a liar, yes, but he does have respect for women most of the time. And deep down, I think he really does love you, he's a diamond in the rough. I think Kyle gives you what you want too much. I think that Kyle doesnt say no enough. He's giving you his all, and you're getting bored."

"I love Kyle," I snapped as I clenched my jaw.

"I know you love Kyle. And There's not a doubt in my mind that the man is going to end up being your husband and the father to your kids, but you're barely 18. You've truly only had two serious relationships. Go Paris on Jared's dime and find a cute French boy, ultimately taking a break form both Kyle and Jared."

I shook my head, "I told you, I love Kyle. I made up with him."

"No you havent," She pointed out, "Not completely. If you have totally forgiven him, you'd be over at his house, picking out your destination for that trip that you two want to take. Instead, you're here at my house while I'm getting ready to go with Jonathan to a family reunion, and Kyle is out with his friends, skating Dallas today. Now, tell me, where have you made up?" She paused, "You made up with the boy last night, you two should be all over each other."

I simply shrugged.

"If you dont tell me why you took Kyle back so quickly, I will go around you and talk to Kyle about it,"

I frowned, "London, I love Kyle."

"I know this, you keep telling me this and avoiding my questioned. Why did you take him back so quickly, Chloe."

"Kellie," I snapped, "There are you happy. I took him back so quickly because I know he has a thing for Kellie, he used to tell me all about it when we werent together or fooling around. And Kellie has a thing for him. If I didnt take him back so quickly and try to make up, even though I wasnt truly ready, Kellie would've been all over that."

"So!?" London wailed out loudly, "Kyle is a human being, not just some object you can keep from other people, Chloe!" She growled meanly, "I am calling Jared, and I am telling him that you made a mistake and that you're going to go to Paris with him. Then you're calling Kyle and telling him that you made a mistake as well, telling him that you love him but maybe making up with him so quickly was the wrong idea. Let Kyle go out a get laid with a few other chicks. You go have some fun with some cute French boys. Like I said, in the end, we all know there's no keeping you two from each other."

"Kyle's the one. He's Mr.Right,"

"Love, whether you want to admit it or not. There are a thousand different Mr.Rights for every single girl out there. You've only found one, there's nine hundred and ninety nine Mr.Rights left out there for you, go find at least one more, please. For me, for you ... for Kyle."

"Why are you so pushy?"

"Because, you two are my only friends who truly know me. I want to be able to go out with the both of you at the same time and have fun. With you two acting like this, I can feel the tension. I can feel your hate towards what he did, and I can feel his worry. I dont like it at all. Like I said to Kyle, when you two got together I made myself a promise to stay out of your relationship. To not even bother with it, but this ... this is a bad situation and I dont want to go through it, I dont want you two to go through it either." She whispered with a shrug, "You and Kyle are family. The only real family I have. I've already been through a nasty breakup with my parents, it wasnt fun. Kyle has been through a break up as well, I know he didnt have fun either. Take my advice, please ... just take a break from Burns, I promise when you're done with that break, and out getting smashed with cute boys, Burns will be waiting. Kyle loves you with all his heart, he wants you happy, even if it isnt with him, ok?"

"BUt I am happy with him,"

"Not now you're not. You're man just took another girl down to Galveston on your guys 'getaway trip' you are extremely too calm. Make the boy beg for forgiveness. Make him wish he'd never even met Kellie. Make him feel like shit for what he did. Make it hard for him to get you back, Burns needs to prove himself."

"I dont want to lose Kyle," I whispered as I looked down sadly, "He gets me,"

"You wont lose him. If anything he may not be your boyfriend. But he'll always be your friend, trust me. He's always going to be in your life in same way or another."

"Promise?"

She smiled and nodded, "I promise."

"Paris?" I asked.

She nodded again, "Paris."

I bit my lip then sighed loudly before nodding, "Ok, alright." I mumbled.

London's right. I wasnt ready to take Kyle back, but when he walked in last night and woke me up, telling me he needed to talk to me. I felt happy that he came to apologize, and I knew he meant every word of his apology, but I still didnt feel ready, I felt safe in his arms, but still not ready.

London stood up then stopped in her tracks, "You know what, dont even bother with Jared. This is on me, Paris is on me, Two months. You'll be back in time before school starts over in LA. I have a few friends over there. They're not exactly trust worthy, but they'll show you a good time and get you on your feet. Cause if I send you over there with Jared, you'd end up back with him and miserable." She smiled, "Go home, get packed, you're leaving tonight. I have to make a few phone calls, so, shoo."

I stood up from the couch and looked at London. Knowing there's no fighting with her, because ultimately, she'll win. She wants me to do this, and I have to, she's right. Kyle should be with Kellie if he wants to be, I know he wont love her like he loves me, but it'll cure his curiousity that I know he has.

-------------------------------------------

Frowning as I nodded, London was right. I know how Chloe works, I know what makes her tick and I know her better than anyone on this planet, I knew she wasnt ready to take me back yet, but I was upset. I didnt want her with Jared, I hate that guy with a passion, and he doesnt deserve someone as great as Chloe, so I needed to get her back.

"So, she's gone?"

"Yep, I put her on my Daddy's plane this afternoon. I have a few friends meeting her at the airport. I have set her up in a very nice VIP suite, that is bigger and better than most people's houses." London smiled at me then nodded, "Kyle, let her go."

"I dont really have a choice, she's already gone. Why didnt she call me and tell me this herself?"

"I wouldnt let her," She said simply as she walked over to her couch and flopped down, snuggling into Jonathan, "So, I think we should double date this weekend. You should ask Kellie out," She nodded.

I frowned, "My girlfriend just basically broke up with me and is going to Paris is party, and you want me to double date?" I questioned.

"Yes. This will be good for the two of you. You two have been attatched at the hip for months now, well before you were together, not ok. You two need to stop being best friends for the moment, make friends that arent friends with the both of you, and get separate lives. Believe me, stay apart for a good six months or so, by the time Christmas rolls around and Chloe comes home from LA for winter break, you two will get back together, promise."

"What about our camping trip?"

"I heard you had to work, so I was thinking it could be the week before, because the week after, Jonathan and I already have plans with his family, huh babe?"

My friend frowned as he thought then nodded, "Yeah, we're going to go to disneyland. It's a annual family trip that we always take, London is coming along this year."

London smiled happily then looked at her boyfriend then back at me, "Make Kellie your girlfriend, but dont get serious about it like you were with Chloe. Use the bitch for sex, I dont care. But move on, you and Chloe need to get out of your comfort zones."

"Well, my cousin did invite me to Mexico with him and a few of his friends ..." I trialed off.

"Go," London demanded, "Have fun. Dont think about Chloe."

"I love her,"

"And she loves you. I have already been through this with her, we all know you two love each other. But you're the dipshit who got us into this, arent you?"

I shrugged, "I suppose."

"Then get over it." London growled meanly, "Fuck Kyle, you're hot, you're great, girls like you. Like them back and stop making Chloe you're entire world. Or I'll make her stay over there fr school too," She spat at me simply.

I licked my lips then nodded, "You know what, I'll talk to you later ok?" I paused, "And, if something bad happens to Chloe, will you let me know?"

London's eyes turned soft as she nodded, "kyle, dont worry about her, ok?"

"I know," I started to walk away then I stopped, "And did she tell you anything?"

"Like what?"

"well, I found a pregnancy test box in her car, the test wasnt in it though--
"

"She's not pregnant," London assured, "I think she did have a bit of a scare though."

"Oh, ok," I walked away again, with my head somewhat hung low. I know this is what's best for everyone. London would've have stepped in, unless she knew it was serious. Chloe and I needed an outside opinion, and I guess we got one, now both of us our single and trying to start fresh. But this doesnt stop me from worrying about her. Like I said, Chloe is the love of my life, and I wont let her get away without a decent fight, but maybe I just fought my fight and I didnt win. Who knows, I guess only time will tell what will happen with chloe and I.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wait until tomorrow, you'll see that I'm worth waiting for...