Maneuvers

Bleeding Love

Sitting on my bed, I stared at my oldest girl cousin with mean eyes. With my pillow hugged to my chest, I was in a pair of Kyle's boxers and my new MXPX shirt he bought me at the show. I've been awake a mere ten minutes and the first thing said to be besides Kyle whispering it was time to get up in my ear, was my Parents telling me that I have to share my room.

My bedroom door opened and Kyle walked in, in just a towel, "Boo, I know I have clean boxers here somewhere," He muttered then stopped all actions when his blue eyes landed on my fifteen year old cousin, "Lily," He muttered with surprise.

I pointed to my door as I looked at her, "Out," I growled, "Kyle needs to get dressed,"

She stood up from the end of the bed then left my room, while she let her brown eyes linger on his body more than they should've. I growled as I picked up my remote control to my TV then threw it at her, but she shut the door before it could hit her.

Kyle looked at the remote, then looked at me. With one hand making sure his towel was secure, and the other flat against his chest, he just stared, not wanting to say the wrong thing at a time like this.

"Second drawer," I muttered, knowing he was looking for clean boxers.

He opened the drawer then dug through my bras and underwear until he found a pair of his boxers. Taking his towel off, I watched as he made sure that the majority of himself was dry before pulling on his boxers, "Boo, you should get ready, school is almost out, you dont want to start being late now," He whispered.

In a slow manner, I got off of my bed and stood to my feet. Staring at Kyle some more, I wanted him to magically make all of this better, I'm sure he would if he could, but he cant, and I know that, but it doesnt stop me from wanting him to, does it?

He reached up, caressing my face then smiled, "I had to use your shampoo and conditioner, now my hair smells girlie,"

I forced a smile then quickly got rid of it, "Dont make me smile, I dont want to smile,"

"But you have an amazing smile."

"Stop it, Burns," I demanded then left my room and went to go to the bathroom only to hear the shower running with it. I banged on the door with all my might, "Get out!"

"I will in a minute!" My cousin, Conner, said. I growled, Conner is the same age as me, and we actually have two classes together. Though Conner and I dont like people knowing we're cousins, we love each other, we're family, but we dont really hang out, or get along for that matter, he's a jock and is a complete jackass. I try to be friends with everything and I have a band geek turned skateboarder as a boyfriend, socially we cant get along.

"Conner! I have to get ready, get out!"

"Me too, Chloe, fuck off!"

I screamed, "Daddy!?"

"Jitter, use mine and Ma's bathroom," He called back, as if he knew what I was going to say.

"But my things are in this bathroom," I said simply then put my hand on the door knob, to see that he didnt lock it. I walked in and grabbed everything I would need before walking to the toilet and flushing it.

"Ah!" Conner wailed, "Chloe you bitch!"

"Asshole!" I snapped back before leaving the bathroom and slamming the door. I walked down the hall to my parents room to see that my Dad was over at his side of the closest fixing his tie for work. I pointed out of the door, "Get,"

He turned around, grabbed his jacket then walked over to me, "Calm down, Jitterbug, it's not the end of the world, promise," He kissed my forehead, "What do you want for dinner? Your choice,"

"Nothing, I'm not going to be here for dinner," I snapped before pointing out of the door, "Get," I said again.

He kissed my forehead once more before muttering that he loves me and leaving, shutting the door behind himself. After he was gone, I went into thebathroom and took a fast shower before getting dressed and ready. Looking at myself in the mirror and looked and felt like shit, this is what I define as a bad hair day.

Without any make up, I left the bathroom then went back into my room. Kyle was sitting on my bed, looking at his cell phone tiredly. Upon seeing me, he closed his phone then let his eyes look me over. I pointed to him, "Dont start,"

"I wasnt going to say anything," He defended, "Are those my shorts?" he asked.

I looked down at the basket ball shorts then nodded, "Yes,"

"Oh, ok,"

I walked over to him and sat on his lap, facing him. Taking his hands in mine between us, I stared at our hands, our fingers laced together lovingly and it reminded me that I'm not alone. Kyle isnt Jared, Kyle will sit next to me and listen to me banter for hours, Jared used to just say call me back when you feel better, then I'd end up calling Kyle or London.

I leaned forward, pressing my forehead to Kyle's and closed my eyes. After about five minutes, I backed away opening my eyes and Kyle kissed my nose, "We should get going,"

"Yeah," I agreed before getting up off of him. I grabbed my things then held out my hand for my boyfriend. He took it, then followed me out and down the stairs. Outside, I saw Kyle's car then I looked at him, "Who's driving?"

"I will," He insisted then tugged me towards his car. Opening the door for me, I got in then sighed tiredly as he shut my door for me as well. I watched him walk around the front of the car, then as he got in. The drive to school was quiet and not really eventful, just Kyle's stereo playing quietly.

At school, in Kyle assigned parking space, he cut the engine then looked over at me, "Are you ok?" He asked.

I turned my head and looked at him and shrugged, "As ok as I'm going to get, lately it seems like everything is really coming down around my shoulders, from my personal relationships, to my family, to my life in general. Kyle I feel like I'm losing control, of everything,"

He frowned and nodded, "I know," He licked his lips a bit then shrugged, "I feel the same way, probably a little less than you do right about now, but I can relate."

"I know we havent talked about this and this isnt a really good time to start, but what happens after summer?" I asked then turned in my seat, "Kyle you do know that I got accepted to UCLA, right?"

"I know," He paused, "I was the first one you told, remember?"

I frowned, "Babe, what happens after summer?" I asked again.

He shrugged, "I stay and you go," He whispered, "I have a really good job, and I'm already enrolled for the fall semester at the college," He said.

I licked my lips, "What happens to us?" I asked.

He was silent for whats seemed like years, so was I, but we both knew what would happen, I dont have the money to fly back and forth frequently, neither does he and how can you have a relationship if you never see each other? We'll break up, there's no real other choice, we could try the long distance relationship, but we're going to be in our first year of college, the parties, the new faces, why put our entire relationship on the line, I dont want to risk our friendship, I dont want to end up cheating on him because I was drunk and lonely or vice versa.

I looked down and let a few tears fall, but I stayed quiet, not wanting Kyle to notice I was crying, I know how he gets when I cry, he cant stand it. He'd rather see me bleeding, or vomitting, anything else but crying, I guess it hurts him, he's the kind of guy who just cant handle tears, and some guys are like that.

Loudly, the warning bell rang, informing us we have five minutes to get to class before we're late. I lifted my head and looked out of the window, watching everyone scattering towards their homerooms, but I stayed put, not even bothering with getting out yet.

Silently, I looked over at Kyle and he was slouched in his seat, his head down and a depressed look on his face. Reaching over slowly, my trembling hand took his. He lifted our hands together and kissed the back of my hand lovingly, his lips soft and warm against my flesh.

"I love you, babe," I mumbled.

He finally looked at me, "I love you, too," He frowned then reached over, wiping away my stray tears.

Suddenly the reality of us being together and staying together is next to impossible. If we had been together at the beginning of the year, there's no doubt in my mind that we would've made things work, like Kyle come with me, or I stay here, but we werent together and we didnt need to think about that, now that we are together, it's almost like, what's the point?

Kyle sighed then started the car before putting it in gear and driving away. I frowned at his actions, but didnt say a word. Within ten minutes, Kyle and I were at the park, sitting under the large tree that we used to climb on when we were kids. With his arms wrapped around me tightly, in a protective hold, I was being depressed, I ruined the day.

"Im scared," I whispered, "London is going to New York, you're staying and I'm going to LA," I muttered, "I'm terrified, Kyle."

He held me tighter, then nodded his head, "Me too," He paused, "What if for some strange reason, we never see eah other again?" He asked.

We fell quiet once agian and just cherished every second that ticked by. Things from here on out, are going to be bittersweet, that's for sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well wait, What's todays date? There's plenty of time left to procrastinate ...