Status: UNDER GOING EDITING

A Little Mermaid's Tale

It's About Time

::Jack's P.O.V.::

She's lay there in your arms cold and limp. Her eyes had closed and she was refusing to open them.

"No! Raven please, ye can't do this to me!" You didn't want to believe it. You couldn't. She was dead. She was dead in your arms. You kissed her lips hoping she would wake up, laugh, and say that this was all some sick joke but she didn't.

"Raven...please...I can't...I need ye! I need ye, without ye, I'm a mess! Ye know that! I love ye. I always bloody have, I've just been too bloody stupid to say it." You laid your head on her stomach a tear silently falling from your eye. She was gone on there was nothing you could do. You held onto her tightly, perhaps the only woman you've ever loved besides your mother, and just held onto her for a little while more.

"D-D-Do you...do y-you mean it?" You looked up horrified. Raven's voice was harsh and she caressed his cheek with a pale hand.

"Y-yes! How? What?!" You checked her neck to see that it was just stained with blood. Then you checked her stomach to see the same.

"Why didn't it work before?! WHY DID IT TAKE YOU TO DIE! BLOODY HELL!" You flipped out and she laughed.

"You weren't true of heart Jack. You weren't being true you yourself. Until you were you couldn't use the dust." You stared at her and sighed deeply.

"That's not fair. Why didn't ye tell me?" She laughed.

"You had to realized that on your own." She smiled and you just took her face in your hands and kissed her hard.

"Ye are never leavin' my side again ye hear?" You laughed and nodded your head.

"Jack?"

"Aye, love?"

"Can I get some water?" You smiled and brought her the water.

"Lay with me?" You got into your bed with her and wrapped your arms tightly around her.

"Stay with me until I fall asleep. I'm still weak from before."

"I wouldn't have it any other way love." She smiled and snuggled in close to you. You finally had her.

::Your P.O.V.::
You woke up the next morning alone and decided to change into some of your old clothes. You washed up in basin and then placed on your black pants, purple corset and black shirt and boots. You walked up on deck and ran over to Kesare and Ana-Maria.

"It's so good to be back!" They hugged you back smiling and then you got a good look at them.

"Are you both alright?" They laughed at you shaking their heads.

"Are we alright?" Your sister started.

"Ye're the one who was bloody stabbed! Yer the one who we should be askin' tha to." You laughed and just smiled at them.

"I'm fine. How's Elma?" Kesare smiled weakly and started to play with the hem of her shirtsleeve.

"She's...okay. She's downstairs still recovering." You couldn't believe it.

"You're lying to me Kesare. I know you are." Ana-Maria sighed and nodded her head.

"Elma's not doing so good. Jack's gonna head to Tia's see if she can give us somethin' for her." You nodded your head and then went over to Jack.

"Jack?"

"Mornin' love!" Jack smiled at you but the frowned at seeing your face.

"What's the matter love?"

"How far are we from Tia's?"

"About a day. Listen if ye're worried about Elma, Elizabeth is down there with her." You chewed on your lower lip and he hugged you.

"Listen, we'll go to Tia and see if she has anything to say about it." Kesare just then walked up to the both of you her eyes wide and in shock.

"Someone better explain before I start cutting things off." She glared at Jack and you smiled nervously over at him.

"Kesare, come with me." You took Kesare with you and told her about what had happened between you and Jack yesterday.

"Are you sure you want to be trusting him?" You looked shocked at your sister and nodded your head.

"You of all people Kesare taught me that people aren't always as they seem, and that sometimes they deserve a second chance." Kesare sighed and nodded her head.

"Alright, but if he tries anything funny, I swear I'll cut something off for sure!" You laughed, although not completely getting it.

"Um...okay."
--
The sun was already becoming low in the sky so, you had gone down to see Elma. You saw Elizabeth down there wetting a cloth and placing it on Elma's forehead.

"How is she?" Elizabeth looked over at you sadly and shook her head.

"Not well. I hope Tia can do something for her." Elma was sleeping peacefully and it seemed like she would stay that way for a while.

"I wonder if someone from the island would know what to do." You muttered and ran back upstairs.

"JACK!"

"What? What is it love?!" You ran straight into him.

"If Tia can't help us maybe someone on the island can! She is a faery!" Jack thought about it for a moment but then frowned.

"Love, that's a great idea but, we need supplies. If Tia can't help us we'll have to hope she makes it."

'What? Did he just say...no...'

"Jack please, tell me that's not true." Jack sighed and looked down sadly.

"I'm sorry Raven. I can't go straight there, we'll have to stop at a port."

"NO! Elma's life is at risk!"

"Listen Raven, that's why we're goin' ta Tia!"

"WHAT IF SHE CAN'T HELP!? WE NEED TO GO TO THAT ISLAND!" Jack glared at you not wanting to do this.

"WE BLOODY WELL CAN'T! WE NEED SUPPLIES!"

"OH LIKE WHAT?! YOUR PRECIOUS RUM?!" Jack's eyes went wide and your hands went over your mouth. You couldn't believe what you had just said. You couldn't believe you were yelling at Jack.

"I-I'm going downstairs..." You rushed off downstairs, seeing how mad Jack was and how the rest of the crew was staring. You heard your sister and Ana-Maria come after you as you walked into the galley.

'What has gotten into me?'

"Are you okay?" You looked up to see them at the doorway and just nodded your heads.

"I'm fine, I just, I don't know what came over me. I'm just scared of losing her."

"I'm sure Jack is to but he is thinking about the rest of us, the rest of his crew. Raven, he's a good Captain, maybe not so much a good man but he's a good Captain." Ana-Maria said as she rubbed your back. You laughed and nodded your head.

"Yeah, well, I'm going to go let Elizabeth take a break. I'll watch over Elma. You guys head up on deck." Kesare and Ana-Maria nodded their heads and you went back to the room where they placed Elma in.

"Hey."

"Hi, listen, I'll take care of her. You need your rest too." Elizabeth smiled.

"Thanks. Don't worry so much all right. I'm sure she'll be fine." Elizabeth gave you a reassuring smile and hugged you.

"Yeah." You hugged her back and she went upstairs. You sat down on the chair and watched over Elma for the rest of the day.
--
"Love?" You had fallen asleep on the chair after you had change Elma's bandage on her leg. Jack had come in and was standing over you.

"Yea?" You rubbed the sleepiness out of your eyes as you yawned.

"Will has agreed to watch her. Ye need yer rest." You shook your head.

"No, Jack I want to stay." Jack looked at you sternly, bending down so that he could be eye level with you.

"Ye can take over in the mornin'. Now come. We'll be at Tia's by early tomorrow afternoon, come on." Jack tried to pull you from the chair but you stubbornly fought against him.

"Jack, I can't leave her." You stared at Elma who was laying there, her body emotionless.

"Love, please. Will is goin' to be here. Ye've got nothin' to worry about."

"You really don't Raven." Will had come in and you looked over at him. You truly were tired so you sighed nodding your head.

"Please come and tell me if anything has changed." Will smiled and hugged you.

"Of course." You and Jack walked out and you grabbed onto his arm.

"I'm sorry..." You whispered looking down at the floor as you made your way to his cabin. Jack stopped walking, looking down at you.

"For what?"

"For yelling earlier. I was wrong." You kept your head down as Jack walked closer to you, lifting your head so that he could look into your eyes.

"Ye were thinking about a friend. I can't blame ye." You smiled shyly and he kissed you tenderly. You kissed him back, missing his lips. His lips being one the first that ever really made something bubble in the pit of your stomach.

"Let's got to bed." You whispered as you pulled away, smiling. Jack nodded his head and the two of you went off to the cabin.
--
"All I can do for ya is give ya dis," Tia handed Jack a small vial and had spread a mixture of herbs on her wounds.

"That's it?! She looks as pale as death Tia!" Tia looked you over and sighed.

"Raven, ya know no one can do much for a faery. Dey heal othas therefore it is hard for them to heal themselves." You growled and bit your lip harder, a small amount of blood trickling into your mouth.

"So what? All we do is wait?" Kesare asked looking over Elma.

"Yes." Jack sighed and took Tia off to the side to go discuss something, your not exactly sure what though because you couldn't hear.

"What are we going to do?" You looked at your sister and Ana-Maria.

"We're going to have to wait and see." You felt her forehead to see that her fever had finally gone down.

"Hey, Elizabeth, when did her fever go down?" Elizabeth looked at you puzzled and shook her head.

"Her fever never went down, last time I checked."

"Well it's down, feel." Elizabeth felt and couldn't believe it.

"Maybe those herbs are working." You nodded and took the vial that Jack had left on the table.

"She needs to wake up soon." You muttered, everyone else nodding their heads.

"Alright, we're all heading to Tortuga, come on!" Jack lifted Elma and you furrowed your brow.

"Jack why are we going all the way to Tortuga?" Jack looked at you and smirked.

"Ye'll see love. Once Elma wakes up, things will all make sense." You looked at him confused.

'I thought things were already making sense...okay well not they're not making sense. JACK! Bloody hell this man is confusing.'