Can You Stake My Heart?

Paint it black and take it back

GERARD’S POV (he’s back everyone!)

So, you’ve probably worked out what happened to me. If not, let me refresh your memory: I was bitten. By a vampire.

When I woke up I was lying in a dark alley amidst a pile of black bin bags and a week had gone by (I had my digital watch). The dark sun was just setting.
I stank of dried blood. It covered my face, my neck, my hands and my clothes. And I knew that every last drop was mine. It didn’t take me long to work out I was vampire. I sat in the garbage for a few minutes remembering the bastard that had beaten me to pulp. I hadn’t remembered being bitten until a while later.
I ran my tongue across my teeth nervously until I reached my fangs. “Hmmm…that’s new.” I smirked to myself. I wiped the shit of my old jacket still running my fingers across the marks on my neck. You’d expect me to be more amazed by all this, but I’d always been sure vampires had existed. And honestly I always thought I’d make a good one
It took another week for me to adjust, which isn’t that long, seeing as after 16 years as a human I’d become the undead. There was no way I could go home. They thought I was dead! Frank, Mikey, Mum, Dad, Ray, Bob, Heather…they all thought I was dead. The police had found masses of my blood and I’d been gone for a week. I couldn’t suddenly come home as a vampire. They wouldn’t want me anymore. Even frank would be shocked. I was an animal now. An animal with a obsessive craving for blood.
I’d realised that was why I was so weak. I needed blood. I would go to West Hudson Park every two nights and catch some smaller animals. They tasted a bit rubbishy. I had a hunch human blood was a lot better. I stayed in the dark alleys where no one went during the day. It wasn’t that dramatic vampire life that they showed in movies where you have a dark cape and hot vampire chicks hanging out in you’re haunted mansion. And I couldn’t turn into a bat. When I was really hungry I had to root through the trash. I could still eat food but it wasn’t particularly satisfying. And hunting was hard. I was hungry, cold, and lonely. And I stank of blood.
There were a few benefits though. It was pretty easy jumping over the park fences at night and I had no trouble scrambling up trees. I had night vision and I noticed I was fairly strong. The sun wasn’t a problem. I didn’t like it but I didn’t like melt in it or anything.
So this went on for a week until came across a newspaper lying on the street. It was a small column but it caught my eye. My funeral.
It was today. I scanned the bottom of the page for a time and place. 3:30 in the cemetery near my house. I ran there as fast as I could.
There was some priest or vicar standing in the cemetery as people came in. Most of my school had come, even though most of the kids I had never met. I scrambled up a nearby tree and perched myself on of the higher branches, out of view. I sat waiting for my parents to come with Mikey. And of course Frankie. Oh god, how I wished I had kissed him that day at school. I wanted nothing more than to have him here with me. I wanted to touch him. All over. I wanted to run my hands through his dark hair and look into his eyes. So badly.
“It’s okay, honey. It’ll be over soon.” I spun around. I recognised that voice. It was mom with Mikey and dad. Mikey was sobbing into dad’s chest. A black veil covered mom’s face but I suspected she was crying too. I couldn’t stand to look at Mikey. I’d never seen him cry so hard. He had his glasses tucked into his pockets and he was rubbing his eyes frustratedly. I wanted to jump down and tell them I was here but I couldn’t. I waited for Frank to come. Even if he looked anything like Mikey did I still wanted to see him. Bob and Ray were there. Bob was sitting with his face in his hands and I thought maybe I could see a tear running down ray’s cheek. Ray never cried. Frank still wasn’t there when the service started. The vicar or whatever went on about how my spirit would reach heaven until everyone gathered around the tombstone, while a couple or reporters stood in the back. I could feel a lump in my throat.
Frank still wasn’t there.
People began to leave, consoling my family as they left.
But Frank never came.
I lept of the tree and ran of back to the alley I'd first found myself in. he didn't even care enought to come.
Bitch.

comments make me happy :D