A Light in the Dark

Chapter 7

I could seriously punch my mom. I also could take some of my anger out on Mrs. Weasley but I adored her too much even though she tried to also keep this from me. I aggressively ran down the stairs, it sounded like I was quickly stomping and I’m sure the whole house could hear my angry steps. When I reached the bottom though, I felt like I could faint, and I clung to the banister for a moment as I let out a whimpered sob. Then once I felt like I could run on my feet again, I quickly walked towards the kitchen.

“Jess what’s your hurry?” Fred apperated right in front of me and I screamed in surprise.

“Fred do NOT do that to me again!“ I shoved him, but he wouldn’t move.

“What’s wrong?” George apperated beside Fred, but this time I figured it was coming and so I didn’t scream. I only burst into tears and fell to the floor.

Fred caught me and grabbed my arms to pull me up to him. I wouldn’t look at his face; I bet he had known too. I bet everyone had known except for me. I just shook my head, and did my best to not cry loudly.

“She has lied to me my whole life,” I muttered. “I can’t believe she made me believe…”

“Who lied to you Jess?” George asked as he glanced at his brother. I looked up and angrily tried to release myself from Fred’s hold. He wouldn’t let go. I started to shove him.

“Fred let go of me!” I pleaded.

“No Jess, I think you are being a little over the top-“ Fred tried to reason with me.

I pushed myself away from him, but accidentally fell to the floor. Fred bent over to pick me up again but I slapped his hands away.

“Over the top? Don’t you think I deserve to be a little upset?” I asked, looking Fred in the face. His uplifting smile had disappeared moments ago and I almost started to feel bad for taking out my feelings on him.

“Yes, we do.” George knelt down, and pulled Fred down with him. I looked at the ground, not wanting to face the look in Fred’s face, or facing George’s eyes. “But do you think you should take the anger you have towards your mom out on Sirius?”

I didn’t reply. What he was saying was true. It wasn’t Sirius’ fault.

“I think you need to talk to Sirius.” Fred said, and I looked at him. My tears had stopped for a moment as I decided to calm myself down.

“Yeah, I think he actually really wants to talk to you.” George reached over and wiped my cheek with his thumb. At that moment, I couldn’t contain myself. I lunged myself forward and hugged George.

At first I don’t think he had realized what had happened. After a moment though, he wrapped his arms tightly around me and pressed his face into my shoulder. I felt Fred place his hand on my upper back, but I didn’t care about that. The only thing I thought about was how I felt on top of the world in George’s arms.

“But please come with me guys, I don’t want to accidentally blow up on him,” I let go of George hoping it would appear that I had just given him a friendly thank you hug.

“Sure we will go Jess!” Fred smiled then helped me stand up. George shortly followed.

“Thanks,” I replied before wiping my cheeks off.

So then I stood up straight, with my chin held a little higher. I wanted to walk in with confidence, mostly to convince myself that I wouldn’t be emotional. George then rested his hand on my shoulder encouragingly and I ignored the tingle of his touch.

I stepped forward and made my way to the kitchen, I was still upset, but my anger would have to wait. Actually as I grew nearer to the door, I got more excited. This was like a huge reunion in a way. I actually started to try and fix my hair and make sure my clothes weren’t wrinkled and looked fine. Not that it would matter, but I felt like this was going to be an important moment. When I opened the door, I couldn’t contain my emotions.

Sirius was standing by the table, and Mrs. and Mr. Weasley were talking with him. I didn’t know why Mr. Weasley wasn’t at work, because I didn’t even know the time. They grew silent though once I walked in and Sirius had turned towards the door. Mrs. Weasley opened her mouth to speak, but I quickly let my emotions go by running towards Sirius and hugging him. He seemed to be caught off guard, and stumbled back a step, but he quickly regained his balance and tightly hugged me back. This hug wasn’t like any I had experienced. I felt secured in his arms and I felt acceptance. Tears began to run down my cheeks as I couldn’t handle the love he felt for me. Fatherly love, the love I was deprived of for the past fifteen years. The love I had always wanted, but never received.

After a moment, I let go of him and wiped off my cheeks. Sirius looked down at me and smiled, with his whole face. I saw tears form at the edges of his eyes but he wouldn’t let them go.

“What on earth was that for Jess?” He asked.

“I never knew hugging your father, could feel so…” I couldn’t think of the right word.

“Overwhelming?” He finished my sentence and I saw a tear fall down his cheek before he pulled me back into the hug.

“It really is you,” I smiled in my tears as I hugged him so tight so I wouldn’t let go.

“It’s me Jayjay.” He swayed as he rested his hand on my head.

“But, Sirius!” Mrs. Weasley seemed speechless.

My dad let go of me and turned towards her. “I didn’t tell her a thing Molly, I swear. She’s just smart like her mom.” He grinned and messed up my hair with his hand, and I didn’t care, I could only smile.

Mrs. Weasley then looked at her sons. “Fred, George,” she stuck her finger towards them

“They didn’t tell me either Mrs. Weasley,” I came to their defense. “I figured it out myself.”

“But how?” she seemed in disbelief.

“Why does it matter?” I asked. “This should have been something I had grown up knowing. I can’t believe you helped my mom hide it,”

George cleared his throat, and I looked at him before looking at the ground.

“But I understand you did it out of loyalty to my mom,” I added.

At that Mrs. Weasley walked over to me and held my face in her hands.

“I’m so sorry Jesse, I wanted to tell you, really I did. Your mom refused to let you know though, same with your brother.” She gave me an apologetic look.

“And he will never know. He never cared, he actually thought that our father would have deserved to die, but he never got a chance to know him like I had. I have two years of memories in here, mostly blurred, but they are there.”

Mrs. Weasley smiled slightly. “I just hope you can find it in your heart to forgive your mom for this.”

“Yeah, me too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry, it's kind of short. I hope you liked it though!
Hopefully more soon!!!
COMMENTS are VERY MUCH appreciated.