Status: COMPLETED!

The Flower That Blooms in the Darkness

Because You Weren't There

I thought hard for a moment.

If I stay here, there's a slight chance that I'll survive.

"I'll st-stay and-d j-join-n." I stuttered.

"Then here's your cloak and ring. Congratulations." He smiled crookedly at me, and handed me the stuff.

I quickly put the ring on and wrapped the cloak around me.

I still wasn't warm.

Damn it all.

"My name is Pein," He continued, "And outside of this hideout you will refer to me as 'Leader'. There are eight other members besides you and I. Go out and meet them. After you warm up, of course. That will be your first mission."

I nodded once, still shivering. My teeth started chattering.

"You are dismissed." He turned away from me and sat at a desk, starting to review paperwork.

I stood up shakily, and walked out the door and into the hallway.

Making my way was next to impossible, but I managed.

I ended up in the family room, and practically passed out on the couch.

Soon, I heard someone come in and sit next to my head.

Oh my God. Warmth!

In my delirious state, I sat up and wrapped my arms around their chest.

"Natsumi-chan, un? What're you doing, un?"

Deidara-kun's voice came in through my fog of drowsiness.

"Shh. Nappy-time." I mumbled, and put my hand over his mouth. Talking was annoying.

I felt his body shake with suppressed laughter.

It wasn't warm enough for me, though.

My hand over his mouth drifted over to his cloak that he'd put back on. I unbuttoned some buttons, scooted inside the cloak, wrapping my legs around his waist, my arms around his chest, and resting my head on his shoulder.

"What the -- Jeez! Natsumi-chan, you're freezing, un! What the hell happened to you, un!" He exclaimed.

"Mmf...you're warm...." I mumbled, "And stop...talking...and re-button the...cloak...."

He did as I asked, and I sighed in relief.

Finally, my shivering was dying down.

"Thanks...Deidara...chan...." I mumbled before I was swept away in a deep sleep.

~*~Deidara's POV~*~

I didn't fully understand why she was clinging onto me so tightly.

And it was really hard to explain to Konan why she was in my cloak with me in the first place.

But, after I explained, she seemed okay with it.

After she left, I decided to go sleep in my room.

"Hey, Natsumi-chan, un. I gotta go to bed, un."

"No...." She whined halfheartedly.

I chuckled.

"Can't I come with you? I don't know where else to sleep..." Her eyes opened slightly. "Please?"

I drew in a sharp breath. She looked so adorable, especially with those cat ears and that innocent expression.

"Please, Deidara-chan? I'm so...tired...." She yawned.

"All right, you can come with me, un." I agreed, still recovering from earlier.

"Yay...." She yawned again.

But she didn't move.

"Deidara-chan? Can you...carry me? My legs are...asleep...." She mumbled.

I chuckled again. "All right, un. Get ready, un."

I sat up, and in one fluid motion, had her in my arms, bridal style.

"Jeez, Natsumi-chan, you weight next to nothing, un."

"Mmf..." She muttered.

We got to my room soon enough, and I set her down gently on the bed. Her hand moved around a little before she found the edge of the covers, and pulled herself under them. I watched all of this in amusement.

"Deidara-chan....where'd you go?" She whined.

I shed my cloak and fishnet shirt, leaving me only in black sweatpants. Then I joined Natsumi under the covers. She quickly found me and cuddled up to me instantly.

She was freezing again.

"How'd you get so cold so fast, un?" I asked her quietly.

"Because...you weren't here with me...." She mumbled, and then I lost her to sleep.

I smiled softly, and flipped over so that I was facing her on my side, and wrapped my arms around her, with my chin resting on her head.

"Good-night, Natsumi-chan."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one's kind of short.

The memories will be explained in the next chapter.

Read! Love! Comment! Message! W00tneSs!