Sieze the Day

Are you going to be my daddy?

I linked hands with Brian as we made our way up Matt and Val's driveway. I'm not sick anymore, I guess it was just a 24 hour bug. I found it strange though, I haven't been sick in over six years. I'm blaming it on climate change.

"So, how do you think Emily and Dylan will react?"

"They'll be over-enthused."

"Big words?"

"I am a college graduate." I said laughing.

He looked at me. "Just because I didn't go to college does not mean I am not intelligent. Hell I make more money than most college grads do!"

I giggled. "I didn't mean anything by it."

"OK." He said pecking my lips as we walked up the stairs. Brian pulled the key out of his pocket and unlocked the door. Apparently, the guys all have keys to each-others houses.

We walked in and were hit by the smell of mac and cheese. "Val must be making the kids lunch." Brian said looking at me. I nodded in agreement as we made our way into their kitchen.

Emily saw Brian and I. "Mommy!" She yelled running up to me. She stopped when she noticed our hands. "Mommy? Why are you and Brian holding hands?"

Dylan's head perked up when he heard this and turned to see us. "Are you two finally going out?" He asked making me laugh.

"Yeah, we are." Emily jumped up and down as Dylan smiled.

Val's head whipped in our direction and she smiled. "Really?"

"Yes Val, really." Brian said in sarcasm.

"Oh ha ha Brian. Matt!" She yelled.

You could hear Matt bounding down the stairs, sounding like a heard of wild elephants.

"What! What's wrong? Are the kids OK? DO we have to go to the hospital?" Matt asked in a hurry.

I laughed as did the rest of the room. Matt glared at us. "Matt, nothing is wrong." Val said rolling her eyes.

"Well sorry for being worried about my cousin's daughter, my best friend's son, and my fiance'." Matt retorted. He looked at Brian and I and gasped. "Are you two dating now?"

We nodded. And Brian kissed my cheek for added affect.

"Well then, Brian, bro."

"Yeah man?"

"We need to talk." Matt said pulling Brian from me.

"Wait!" Elizabeth yelled causing everyone to stop. "Brian?"

"Yeah sweety?"

"Are you going to be my daddy?"

Brian looked at me. "Not right now, but if I'm lucky, maybe someday."

She seemed happy with this response, because she smiled and went to sit by Dylan as Val placed their plates on the table. I looked at Brian just in time to see Matt pulling him away again.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, so it's really short, but it leads into an all-Brian chapter. ^__^

feedback is greatly appreciated!