Sequel: Noel.

This Is How We Do.

Circles.

The door opened quietly as the tall, brown headed boy entered the room. He shut the door just as quietly behind him and stood his suitcases and backpack against the cupboard. Their was a small amount of light filling the room, coming from Kadee’s charging phone, which was resting on her bedside table. Alex stood for a second, taking in the sight of his sleeping girlfriend, before finally tip- toeing over to the bed, raising the covers and sliding in beside her. He wrapped an arm around her waist, lay his head against the pillow and slowly drifted off to sleep.

[cover]Kadee's perspective:[/cover]

The next morning, I woke up to the feeling of warm arms around me and a tuft of hair against my nose. I knew who it was right away, it was Alex. I twisted myself around so that I could see his beautiful face clearer. he was fast asleep with his mouth hanging slightly open. A light snore falling from his lips.

"Alex," I whispered, kissing his nose gently, "wake up."

He stayed still for a few moments, but his eyes were moving slowly around under his eyelids. I kissed his nose once more, and then he finally registered that he wasn't imagining things, and someone was whispering his name and kissing his nose. He opened his eyes one and at time.

"Kadee," he mumbled sleepily, "I missed you." I smiled and rested my head on the pillow right beside his, so that I could look at his face better.

"I missed you too," I replied with a small smile. Alex let out a loud yawn and stretched his body before looking back at me.

“So, what have you been up too,” he paused, “While I've been gone?” I shrugged my shoulders lightly before answering.

“Um, I went and saw that movie you told me about, I forget the name, but it was really good," I said. "Kellsie laughed almost the whole way through,” I laughed at the memory and remembering the movie about the marijuana smokers.

"Oh," he said, scratching his chin thoughtfully, "The Pineapple Express?" He asked. I nodded my head and then started to giggle.

"What?"

"You should see your hair," I laughed, "it's freaking everywhere."

"Oh," he chuckled, "I didn't brush my hair before I went to bed, so it's probably really bad hat-hair."

"Your mum has really bad hat hair!" I challenged. Alex laughed and tickled my sides, making me squeal with laughter. "A-Al-Alex, s-stop!" I giggled, twisting violently to get away from his tickling hands.

"Kadee, you know I'll win this," he laughed loudly, "I always win the 'you're mom' game, so dont even try to beat!" He scrunched his face together, trying to look serious. It didn't work, it just made me giggled more. I went to say something to him, but was interupted when I heard the voice of my friend and neighbour; Jillian Hemmings.

"She isn't up again is she?" I heard her ask my brother; Kris. Then I heard Kris laugh, and a cup dropped into the sink before he answered her.

"Nope," he told her. They both laughed, and then I heard Jillian coming down the hallway to wake me up. She opened my door, and walked in..

"Kadee Jade Bremmer, get your ass up!" She yelled, banging on my cupboard door loudly. I peered over Alex's body at her and put my index finger over my lips.

"Shhhh!" I told her. She looked at me, and then noticed the extra body in my bed.

"Who's that?" She asked curiously, nodding her head at Alex. Alex gave a muffled laughed and pulled the blankets up over his head. I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders, before pulling the blanket up, kissing Alex's messy hair and climbing over him to get off of my bed.

"Bye, see you when I get home from school." Alex's hand came out of the blanket to wave goodbye to me, before pulling the blanket around himself tighter, and rolling over to where I had just vacated.

I smiled warmly at the lump that was Alex, then turned and picked up my school clothes that I had thrown in an open draw the night before. After pushing Jillian out the door, I shut it behind me gently.

"Who was that boy in your bed, Kadee?" She asked, pretending that she wasn't actually interested in who it was, and was actually interested in her bracelet. I knew better though.

"That... boy was my friend from, uh, Geraldton, he's just staying for a few, uh, a few days," I told her.

"Right," she laughed, nodding her head, "a likely story Kadee, tell me hoe!" she yelled with a laugh, launching herself at me.

"Jill, get off!" I laughed, pushing her away. "I wont tell you because I'm not ready to tell you yet," I pushed her off me again, rushed into the bathroom and slammed the door, locking it behind me. "And dont you go in my room either!" I yelled through it.

I heard her mutter something, and knew I had spoiled her plans.

By the time I was ready, and we were out the door, she'd already asked about a million questions that still went unanswered. I kept telling her that it was nobody important, but she wouldn't listen. When we got to the bus stop and met another friend; Laila Lewis, Jillian took no time at all to tell her what she had seen this morning.

"So, Kadee, who is he? Do we know him?" Laila asked, poking my ribs with her pointer finger.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed loudly, "will you two shut the hell up! Can you not tell that I don't want to tell you yet?" I shouted. Their constant questions were getting to me. I shoved my iPod headphones into my ears, and pressed the play button. Alex's voice filled my ears, which calmed me down almost straight away. To be honest, the only person that knew out of my friends about him was my best friend Kellsie Axel.

The bus ride to the train station was quiet. I could feel the eyes of Jillian and Laila's boring right through the back of my head, as they whispered about who the secret boy in my life could be. And I was so far into my thoughts, that I didn't even notice when the bus pulled in to the bus-station. I only got up when Jillian tapped my shoulder and pointed to the door.
Jillian and Laila wanted to buy something to eat, so I walked to Kellsie's grandparents house all by myself.

"Good morning Kadee," Kellsie's Nana greeted when she opened the door. "Where are the girls?" She asked when she noticed that I was alone.

"Oh, they went and got chips and gravy," I replied. Kellsie's Nana let me inside, and I went past her to find Kellsie. She was sitting in the seat she usually sat in, and smiled when she saw me. She waited a moment, to see if I was alone or not to asked me the question she was burning to ask.

"Did they go crazy?" She smiled wickedly.

"Huh?"

"Well," she grinned, "Jill would have gone into your room to wake you up this morning, and I'm assuming your lover boy got in safely last night... ?" I nodded. "Well, I'm also assuming he slept in your bed... ?" I nodded again. "Well Jill would have seen him this morning then, right?" I nodded a third time.

"Oh, yeah," I laughed, "they went on, and on, and on about who he was, then they got mad when I wouldn't tell them who he was and then I yelled at them," I told her. Kellsie chuckled.

"Oh, haha. Well, atleast I know who he is," she grinned, right at the same moment that Jillian and Laila both entered the room, faces set into frowns.

"You know who he is!" They said at the same time.

"Yes," Kellsie said simply.

"How can you know already?" Laila exclaimed angrily, "we got here before she had any time to tell you! We practically heard your whole entire conversation!" She sounded annoyed and flustered.

"She's my best friend, she knew ages ago," I told them. Laila gasped and put her hands on her hips, while Jillian's mouth gaped. Without another word, the turned around and sat down right in front of the fireplace. I shrugged my shoulders at their reactions, and sat on the arm of Kellsie's chair.

"Does he know Forever the Sickest Kids?" she whispered. I laughed and shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm not too sure," I told her, "I'd say so."

"If he does know them, I'm drilling him about them," She told me with a wide grin, "I want him to tell me all about them at dinner tonight... If he knows them, of course..." We both laughed.

"Sure Kells," I told her. We settled into silence, and watched a few cartoons on TV until Kellsie had to get up and get ready for school. Eventually she was ready, and we all left the house and headed for school. Laila and Jillian strolled on ahead of us, deeply conversing about who knows what.

"So, what time did he show up last night?" Kellsie asked after a small amount of time was spent in silence. I shrugged my shoulders thoughtfully.

"I actually dont know," I told her truthfully, "mum sent me to bed after ten, 'cause I was falling asleep on the lounge waiting for him. I'll ask him when I get home."

"Okay," she said, "what time are we going out for dinner?" She asked.

"Well," I said, "you know those two-," I nodded my head at Laila and Jillian's backs, "- They'll want to pretend to see the puppies I reckon, then they'll suss out who I had hidden in my bed this morning." Kellsie and I both snickered, causing the other two, to turn around and look at us.

"Whats so funny?" Laila asked.

"Uh, we were talking about the Pineapple Express," Kellsie laughed, "you guys have got to go and see that movie!" Kellsie covered up.

"We should, shouldn't we," Jillian said, turning to Laila, "wanna go tonight, Laila?" Laila grinned and nodded at Jillian.

"Right you are Jill." We all crossed the road and went down the road that would take us to school. When we were all across, Laila and Jillian began to talk to each other again. School came into sight after we rounded the bend in the road. A few groups of people were perched on the fence above the school oval.

"I'm going to go straight, see ya's!" Jillian announced with a wave when we were right in front of the school. She didnt sit with us because she was a year older than us, and so she had her own friends.

"When do you guys think Melanie and Kelly will get here?" Laila asked, falling back to walk beside Kellsie and I. She was talking about two of our good friends Melanie Court and Kelly Cent.

"Well, Melanie just got out of that car over there," I said, pointing across the oval at a white four-wheel drive. "So I guess Sadie dropped her off." Sadie was Melanie's older sister. "And Kelly isn't coming to school today, her mum said she had to look after Daniel," Daniel being Kelly's younger brother.

Laila didn't wait till I'd finished talking, she started to run in the direction that I had pointed out that Melanie was. I assumed she was going to go and tell Melanie about the boy in my bed. And I was right, by recess, everyone who I sat with at school knew about the mysterious boy that Jillian had found in my bed that morning.



After school, I was over being asked about the boy, and excited to get home, spend an hour or two alone with Alex, and then get ready to go out to dinner with Alex, Jack and Kellsie.

"Hey, Kadee, can Jillian and I come to your house?" Laila asked, hurrying over to the spot her, Jillian, Kellsie and I met at after school. She was trying to be as inconspicuous about the reasons why she wanted to come over to my house, but I knew. "We just want to... Uh... See how big the puppies are now." I smiled in spite of myself.

"Sure," I answered, I couldn't really be bothered keeping my secret anymore. "If your only coming over to see who he is, then I might as well just tell you." The both looked eagerly at me.

"The boy you found in my bed this morning Jillian, was Alex Gaskarth." The both stared at me for a moment, before bursting into fits of laughter.

"Whatever Kadee," They laughed.

"You've had a crush on him since forever!" Laila giggled.

"I have loved him forever, that’s why he's at my house," I smirked at them. They both laughed again.

"Is it... Uh... I know is it Matt?"

"No," I answered. They questioned me all the way home, and of course, every single name that they said was completely wrong.

"Josh?" Jillian asked. I laughed and shook my head again, and walked under the rollardoor at my house, and making my way to the back door. I said a quick hello to my brother on the way. Both girls were hurrying along beside me.

"Alex!" I called through the door.

"In here!" I heard him call back. After opening the door, I found him sitting at the computer, commenting people on myspace. I smiled and kissed his mess of hair on his head. he reached his arms behind himself, and hugged me. "How was school?" he asked. I shrugged.

"Shit," I laughed sitting down on the couch and turning on the T.V. "Oh yeah," I laughed, I had almost forgotten about Laila and Jillian. "Two of my friends are here, they want to know who the boy I was cuddling this morning was".

"Where are they?" he chuckled, turning towards me. I pointed out the back door and he nodded.

"They're apparently looking at the puppies," I said, "Jillian, Laila!" I called their names, and then settled back into the cushioning on the couch. A few minutes later, they both walked through the door, into the room. Neither of them noticed Alex, Who wore a look of sheer amusement.

"Where is he?" Laila asked. I watched Alex get up and inch closer to them, standing directly behind them with a smirk playing at the corner of his mouth ad he lent down to whisper in Laila's ear quietly.

"I'm behind you." Laila screamed and spun around, making my laugh. As soon as she had flung herself around, she found herself face to face with Alex, and she screamed again.

"She was telling the truth!" Jillian gasped.

"I told you so," I said. Alex chuckled and walked over to me. He layed down on the couch, and layed his head in my lap, before stealing the remote and changing the channel to cartoons.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me if I should change anything.
I'm really starting to like this story.
xx