A Lot Like Love

Unpredictable

At week ago, when Nick told Macon that he had to fly off to New York for some important promoting thing, Macon almost felt short of breath. She had hung out with him everyday since they met at the park, strictly as friends of course. Friends that jumped straight to a lip-lock when getting in any kind of touching distance, but friends none the less. But it had been at least a week since Macon had seen Nick. They tried to communicate threw the computer and texting while he was out of town, but that plan failed when Nick admitted he missed hearing her voice. Even though Macon felt the same way, she refused to say it out loud. But she agreed to talk on the phone as much as possible rather than talking on IM or something else. Macon found herself waiting by her phone all day long, eager to get call from Nick.

She knew Nick wouldn't be able to call her until 2 am, because of his schedule, but at times she thought maybe he would get a free moment and give her a ring. Macon felt like a fool for planning her whole week around Nick's phone calls, and when they did talk, she didn't have anything important to tell him. They would talk for 20 minutes before Nick had get some sleep, but the 20 minutes of giggles and the 'I don't know what do you wanna talk about''s that filled their conversations were just enough to make Nick's whole day, and Macon's too.

Macon had learned a lot more about Nick when they talked over the phone, compared to the lack of information she learned when they met in person, since the majority of that time was spent with their lips embraced with one another’s. Macon learned that Nick likes to dip his Oreo cookie in milk until it's soggy and eat it whole in one or two bites. While, on-the-other hand, Macon like to disassemble hers and eat it piece by piece. They both thought chalupas at Taco Bell were the best snack, and that, being a mailman would be a pretty cool job if it wasn't for the man-eating dogs. Macon told Nick about her likes and dislikes, and he told her about his hopes and dreams.

"I really wanna be an influential musician, like Kurt Cobain. But with out the drugs, suicide and the crazy Courtney Love." Nick laughed from over his cell phone. He actually did call Macon early this time, it was around 5 in the afternoon, so when Macon got his call she was entirely surprised.

"I like Courtney, she's.." Macon trailed off. "Passionate."

"Yeah, passionate about being outrageous and unpredictable." Nick added, chuckling. Macon had memorized all of Nick's different laughs, each one just as cute as the last. She hadn't noticed how funny and interesting he was until they began talking over the phone.

"Hey, I'm unpredictable." Macon said, giggling hysterically. She laid the phone on her tummy as Nick continued to talk, Macon had put him on speaker and his loud voice vibrated her phone which then ticked her tummy, only making her laugh harder.

"That you are, but you see, your not outrageously unpredictable. Your more of a sexy and mysterious type of unpredictable." Nick agreed, explaining. Macon smiled weakly. "Friends call friends sexy right?" Macon deliberated, chipping her nail polish away.

"So when are you getting back?" Macon asked curious to when the next time they could hang out, shaking off her latest doubt. She tried to sound less enthused than she really was, she didn't want to sound to antsy. Even though she was basically bouncing off her walls to see Nick again.

"Soon, real soon. I'm going to surprise you, hopefully." Nick reassured, chuckling. Macon beamed, smiling with her bright white teeth, she let a little giggle slip out.

"God, I love your laugh." Nick announced swiftly, he must be laying down because the tone of his voice was relaxed and quiet, as if he was about to fall asleep. Macon didn't smile this time, and she certainly didn't laugh. Macon had grown kind of close to Nick, getting pretty comfortable with him, but she still got a little uneasy when he complimented her in such ways. Macon never knew the right way to respond to his sweet comments. She of course knew he liked her in a boyfriend/girlfriend kind of way, he often told her, but Macon still confessed to nothing. She was still unreasonably anxious when he was so emulous, even if she acted as if she wasn‘t. It made her heart beat a little faster, made her eyelashes flutter a little quicker, but she continued to not clamed any other feelings other than friendly ones toward Nick.

"I want to be friends but with occasional smooches, nothing more, nothing less." Macon thought bleakly. She had told this to herself so often she had almost convinced herself completely. Macon had let the awkwardness fill her and Nick's conversation.

"I thought we agreed on friends?" Macon asked nervously, her voice was very meek.

"Is that what we are still calling it? I thought we were a little bit more than just friends now, but nevertheless, I guess I was wrong. Yet again." Nick stated, highly irritated. Macon knew she had upset him in more ways than one, but she didn't understand why she had provoked such a flare of resentment in him as well. Macon bit her bottom lip as she put the phone back up to her ear.

"No it's just-" Macon's explanation got cut short as Brittney busted threw her bedroom door.

"Guess what" Brittney began but her happy feeling changed as soon as she saw Macon's annoyance expression. "What’s up with you?"

Macon waved Brittney off, and sighed in great relief that she didn't have to get into this with Nick right now. She had dodged that bullet for the time being.

"Nick, Brit's got some important news to tell me. I have to go." Macon instructed, she didn't really know if Brittney had important news, and it probably wasn't dire news if any, but it gave Macon a chance to get off the phone.

"I still want to talk about this." Nick's voice was hoarse and serious, Macon wanted to shiver at his tone.

"Kay, later though." And with that, Macon hung up her phone. Macon then turned her attention to Brittney, who was looking confused.

"Something wrong with you and Nick?" Birttney qustioned implying, Macon rolled her eyes.

"We're just friends." Macon answered, kind of rudely.

"Yeah with benefits." Brittney giggled, Macon rolled her eyes again, not brothering.

"What did you want to tell me, Brit?"

Brittney paused before answering, still studying Macon's every move, but she shrugged it off. Brittney was too excited about her own news to worry about Macon's boyfriend troubles. "Guess what!"

"I'm not much for the ‘Guessing Game’ right now Brittney, so could you just tell me?" Macon complained dully.

"Ashley was invited to Josh Kingston’s party, and she invited me." Brittney replied, ignoring Macon's sour attitude. Josh Kingston was hands down the most good looking, rich, and popular boy at Macon's school. He was famous for his partys, and Macon and Brittney never actually had been invited to one before. It was a chance of a life time for Brittney to be invited now, and it was obvious she was stoked on it.

Macon shrugged. "And?"

"And, guess who I'm inviting? You!" Brittney hollered like a 5 year old girl getting ready to go into Toys-R-Us. Macon sat for a second, soaking up her newly found inexact plans for tonight. "This could give me time to get my head out of the clouds, and think clearly, give me a night out from this whole Nick thing." Macon speculated for a moment. Macon finally smiled at Brit, giving her the thumbs up.

"Alright, party time baby. I'm gonna show you the time of your life." Brittney joked, attacking Macon with hugs and kisses.
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to give a huge thanks to iumagat and my girl balletbabi for helping me out with this party idea. They helped me plan what should go down, and I love whats coming. So thanks girls.

Heres my lovely ladies for this chapter, that are on my Thank You List.
balletbabi
iumagat
AyooBeautiful
Mrs.Mufasa
Adam's_Babe
CalmChaos
picklesmcgee
DudexIxCANxFLY!
AmzRoxLuvsMusic
musicis4life
joe jonas.
peace not war.
RayNicFar17
J-Mart Loves K-Mac


Whoop! Bigger than last chapters list. One more but still more! Thanks girls, I do love ya.