A Lot Like Love

If It Kills Me

Macon stood there, switching from foot to foot as both her feet got tried of supporting all her weight. She felt like a fly on the wall. She wasn’t having much fun, she wasn’t doing much of anything. She stood off to the corner of the coolers, watching people dance and mingle. Macon sighed as she watched Brittney dance with some boy from Macon’s old Biology class from last year. ”At least I’m away from the sucking tsunami of my life for a while, even if I’m not having the time of my life, at least I’m not stuck in that house. It’s better than getting into it with Nick or sitting by the phone for his stupid call.” Macon thought, thinking of herself waiting for Nick’s phone calls made her anxious, she could feel her half-angry express take over her face.

She was puzzled as to why she waited for him, but she mostly was disappointed in herself for doing it. Macon stood still for a few more seconds, letting the dim memory of her lingering over the phone pass through her mind. She was rapping her head around the idea of her anticipating his calls made her even more hostile. Macon bit the side of her cheek in overruling frustration and shame.

”I’m gonna have fun to night even if it kills me, I can go back to being confused and miserable when I get home.” Macon muttered to herself silently, the smallest tone she could mange, she didn’t want the people around her to think she was crazy or anything. She started to weave her a path through the sweaty dancers until she made it to Brittney. Macon placed a fake smile of her lips.

“Hey, where have you been?” Brittney asked excitedly, still moving to the rhyme of the music.

“Ohh you know” Macon flashed another fake smile. “Around.”

“Cool. This is Steven.” Brittney introduced, smirking at Steven mischievously. Steven waved politely at Macon.

“We had English together last year.” He added, before watching his feet scuffle
around on the dance floor. ”English, not Biology.” Macon corrected herself internally, locking that non-significant peace of information into her head. She balanced her weight on her back heels now, seeing how her toes were about to fall off from standing around too much. She watched Brittney and Steven continue to bust a move, it was rather hilarious watching them wiggle around, Macon finally joined in.

>>>>>>

“Okay, okay. I’m gonna go get some soda.” Macon laughed, stepping back, inching toward to coolers again. Macon had spent the last 15 minutes actually having a good time. She had grinded with Brittney, and danced with her and Steven, but Macon was parched and needed something to cool her down.

“Okay, hurry back.” Brittney stated, turning her attention back to Steven. Macon grinned as she stumbled back to the coolers. ”God I thought my feet hurt before.” Macon complained to herself as she winced after every step she took. As she grabbed onto a Coke, she looked around. She giggled as she saw Brittney and Steven again, she wondered if she had looked that goofy out there on the dance floor. She wagged her head as she took another mouth full of Coke, it burned the back of her throat a little. She peered at the entrance of Josh’s house, looking for a way out of the hot room. And there he was, in all his magnificent glory, he glided into the room.

“Nick.” Macon breathed helplessly. She grinned deeply at him, he didn’t see her as she began to walk toward him. ”How did he get here? How did he know I was here? Brittney, you must have tipped him off or something. Wow, I must remember to give you better presents on Christmas.” Macon thought, glowing as she continued to push through the crowd.

Nick was smiling, and shaking peoples hands. Macon watched him give a brotherly hug to Josh, she wondered how they knew each other but of course Josh would be friends with Nick. Josh was friends with everyone important. Macon had made it almost there when she paused. Her smile fading from her lips along with her glowing face, which seemed to disappear from her cheeks and eyes. Macon’s knees locked in place as she saw a beautiful young girl come up be hide Nick and rap her perfectly tan arms around his neck. "Guess he didn't know I was here, obviously." Macon bitterly thought. Macon yearned for her legs to move, to turn her away but they would budge, Macon’s feet here nailed to the floor, making her watch.

"It's funny that the world doesn't sallow you whole when you want it too." Macon speculated. At that moment, Macon could no longer ignore what she felt toward Nick. She knew from the millions feelings ran through her; jealously, anger, sadness, regent, misunderstanding. The only feelings left in her now where anger and jealously, but the most emotion that flowed through her was revenge, she wanted to get revenge.

She still remained a statue as she watched Nick’s face become confused for a mire second as he turned around to the girl, his express quickly turned into joyful as he held both of the girls hands in his. Nick blushed as the girl hugged him. Macon could feel her head lighten and her lungs shrivel up to raisins. It felt like someone had knocked the breath out of her as they kicked her mindlessly in the chest. The mysterious, beautiful, girl kissed Nick’s cheek as they started to talk.

Macon took a deep breath, getting her chest puff up. She soon regretted it, the room smelled like a number of bodly fluids and a really bad mixer of women’s perfume. She hacked as the rotten breath exhaled from her. She coughed much more loudly than she attended to, her heartbeat fiercely increased as she moved her eyes back up. ”Ohh shit…” Macon’s thoughts trailed off as she met eyes with Nick. Nick must have known something was terribly off as he glanced over Macon’s face, she was drained of color and she looked like she was about to pass out right there. He dropped the girls hands and stepped forward to Macon. Macon scowled at him with as much anger as she could possibly send through her eyes, but she knew her face was still frozen with shock. And that’s when Macon feet became free from the invisible force, she bolted for the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nick's a fucking jerk.
BUT I can't wait for the next chapter, theirs gonna be come confessions && a fight.
Soo yeeppy.
&& I start school in 3 days, so I'm hoping to book down && write of chapters.
=]]

Thanks too.
wishes on pennies.
AmzRoxLuvsMusic
yo.faceeee
crazycrewgirl1
bellsneversing
misery101chs
I Love Kevin Jonas
MikkiD_7:05


Whoop you girls kick butt!
Comments are always nice!