A Lot Like Love

Gag Me With A Spoon

Macon pushed her half eaten' fries around on her plate. She was excited when her dad finally called her back to set up lunch plans in the diner in town. However, Macon didn’t know how incredibly awkward it was going to be. "Come on dad, talk to me. Ask me about school. Ask about grandpa. Talk to me about something, anything" Macon pleaded to her father in her head. Macon's father cleared his throat, hinting that he was going to finally talk about something, Macon smiled and sat up. Making sure she wasn’t going to miss a word.

"So Katie wants you and Moray to be a bride’s maids in the wedding." He announced. Macon slummed into her chair, crossing her arms, shaking her head angrily. "Anything besides that. We can talk about anything other than her and that stupid wedding.” Macon thought sourly.

“Mom was right. You are a jerk.” Macon grumbled to herself.

“What?” Macon’s father asked, curious. Macon shook her head, waving him off.

“Nothing..” Macon trailed off.

“Macon listen, I really want you to get to know Katie like I do. I’m sure you love her just ask much.” He assured her.

“Well, First off dad, I don’t think I can get to know her as much as you know her.” Macon indicated. ”You seemed to be getting to know her quiet well when we found you on top of her.” Macon thought.

“Secondly, I don’t think I could ever love her half as much, no wait.” Macon paused to chuckle sarcastically. “One millionth as much as you love her.”

”I could never, ever love that woman. Ever. She is like the freakin’ canker sore.” Macon speculated, hostilely.

“Right. But how about the brides maid thing? We could buy you a new dress, and make you look like a princess? Katie said she could her make-up and hair stylist to give you a total make over?” Macon’s dad explained, wiggling his eye brows. Her father’s bribery was less effected on Macon than he could have hoped for. The only thing that could bribe Macon to attend that wedding would be if he promised to get a divorce right after the reception.

“What? So I can look like a Barbie from hell? No thanks, pop.” Macon proclaimed, sitting up in her chair and putting her elbows on the table.

“Besides why would I be a brides maid to a woman I hate, in a wedding I’m 100% against?” Macon wondered, truthfully. Macon’s dad sighed, now falling back into his seat.

“I love you Macon, But I love Katie too.” He stated. Macon face dropped even more than before, if that’s possible. ” Yeah I know, that’s why you divorced mom. Cause you supposedly love her. You love your mistress, which means there isn't enough room for me. You can’t have both, Dad. You can’t try to juggle parts from your old life when your trying to build a new life with someone else. Eventually, it comes down to one. Your old life or your new one, and its obvious to us all, that you picked her over us. Mom, me, and Moray.” Macon thought rationally, feeling that stupid lump forming again in her throat.

“I love you too dad, but” Macon let a sob seep out between her lips. “And god do we need to talk about this, but I don’t think you can-” Macon was cut off by some screaming ‘Heyyy Mikey.’

“Oh my god, gag me with a spoon. You invite her.” Macon finished, rolling her eyes. Any other emotion besides anger, disgust, and annoyance that was in Macon, was sucked right out once she laid eyes on that home wrecking blonde, bouncing toward her.

“Hello Macon.” Katie smiled at Macon. Katie really wanted to be on good terms with Macon since she was Mike’s daughter, but Stevie Wonder could see that Macon clearly wanted nothing to do with her.

Macon, panicky and overwhelmed, searched the room for an escape. She finally found her savor, but Macon knew it was a lost cause. No way he would help her after what happened yesterday. ”Please Nick, save me." Macon desperately begged Nick telepathically.
♠ ♠ ♠
I want everyone to give a BIG thanks to rwaritslaur and CalmChaos for cmmting!
Yeepy! Thanks girls.
&& Thanks too superjoes.girl.x3 for telling me she liked the story!
Thank you.

I got the next chapter written, so only god && me know when thats gonna get posted.
=DD
Have a good day, ladies.