Dancing in Black and White Photographs

A Different Kind of Rejection

The bar was a little boring compared to my morning. James and I had been eating when DJ came back with a plate of food that was already half way gone.

“Fat ass,” I grumbled. He just smirked at me. Nikki came back for awhile to tell us to meet in the bus when we finished. DJ talked to us briefly but nothing of much interest; maybe if I actually listened I would have found something to it. DJ soon excused himself to talk to someone else.

I looked over to James. “You don’t have to baby sit me as DJ so nicely puts it.”

He began laughing. “We aren’t really worried about what will happen to you, more of what you will do to other people when provoked.”

I shook my head. “I’m not that bad,” I mumbled.

He laughed again. “I might believe that, but Nikki and DJ both seem to disagree.”

“Yeah,” I agreed half heartedly. I looked down at the hamburger I was eating; I only had a couple of bites to go. I chewed them slowly, which was painful. I was way too full to be able to accomplish this.

I looked over at James to see what he as doing. He seemed to be in deep thought, as if planning something. His plans didn’t worry me as much as the other members of Sixx AM.

“Are you ready to go?” James asked when he noticed I was finished. I nodded my head, never wanting to be in one place for to long. We both got out of the booth to head for the bus.

We walked by a table of guys, one of them being Nikki wasn’t what bothered me though. What bothered me was the slap across my ass as I walked by one of the guys that were standing. I’ve been to enough bars to handle this situation, which was to turn around and sucker punch them right in the balls. The figure crumpled instantly, and I felt a bit of pride swell up inside. I heard laughter beside me and found out it was Nikki. He rolled his eyes and helped the fallen figure from the ground. I looked around to see people in awe or laughing. I looked over to see who my attacker was. It was none other than Tommy Lee. I’m wondering how many women can say they punched him in the balls. I think the number would be a lot less than the number of women who slept with him.

“I told you not to do it,” mumbled Nikki. He managed to get Tommy into a seat, who was still grabbing his essentials. “Now your ego is smashed as well,” Nikki continued.
Tommy glared at him. “I didn’t think she’d swing a punch. The way you made her sound, I was thinking more a long the lines of bitching me out.” He groaned in pain. “You’re a mother fucker,” Tommy yelled, now blaming Nikki for his misfortune. He was now leaning as far back into the chair as possible.

I was quickly pulled away from the two by my arm. “Let’s leave before you hurt someone else,” I heard James say. We quickly walked out of the bar to the bus. The parking lot had few people so no one asked why we were in a hurry. As soon as we entered the bus, James left to go in the back. I went and sat on a kitchen chair.

I was beginning to remember my last experience in this seat, I shuddered at the thought. I was beginning to wonder why I was even looking through his stupid Ipod. My thoughts were interrupted by the foot steps coming up the stairs on the bus. I turned my head to the front of the bus to see the Ipod perpetrator himself, DJ. It was quiet for a long time as we stared each other down.

It wasn’t long before he broke out into a grin. “So you punched Tommy in the nuts?” He asked casually.

“He touched me,” I said simply.

He rolled his eyes at me. “I’ve put my arm around you. Does that not count as touching?”

I was starting to wonder where he was going with this. “He touched me inappropriately,” I said dryly.

He laughed this time. “I was wondering why Nikki was so happy,” He said, a smile still planted on his lips.

“Why’s Nikki so happy?” I asked, actually curious to what his response will be.

He grinned. “I don’t think he’s ever seen Tommy get rejected quite like that.” After DJ said that, we heard foot steps for the bus’s stairs. Surprise, surprise, it was Nikki.

“What were you saying about me?” I asked Nikki with a glare as soon as he was in my line of vision.

He smirked, “Nothing far from the truth.”

“That’s what worries me,” I said. I looked over at DJ. “What were you doing the whole time I punched Tommy?” I was trying to refrain from saying where I punched him.

He got the same shitty smirk as Nikki. “I was taking a piss,” he said proudly.

I stared at him for a moment. “Lovely,” I responded sardonically. I honestly couldn’t believe that it was only four and this much shit has happened. James came back out announcing that he had to ‘take a piss’ too. He was worse than a girl on how long he took. I decided to not provoke the only friendly to person to me, especially after the punching Tommy-in-the-balls episode.

The guys were now talking amongst themselves about what today was to bring. So far I only found out that Trapt is playing first and they’re right after. Knowing something that I needed, I tuned out the rest of the conversation. As soon as we arrived, I bolted out the door. All I heard was James telling me to come backstage in a half an hour.

I decided that walking amid the buses would be interesting; although, that quickly ended when I saw Motley Crue’s bus with Tommy coming out of it. “Shit,” I mumbled, deciding now would be a good time to head backstage. As soon as I turned around I ran into someone, of course. I looked up to see who it was: Tattoos number two, from the night with the tow truck.

I blinked at him; he returned the gesture. “Hey, you’re the girl with Ashba,” he said.

I raised an eyebrow. “Who the hell is Ashba?” I asked stupidly.

He smiled, “DJ?”

My eyes widen in realization. “Oh, you mean Vampire Eyes?” I asked. I feel really stupid now. James had told me his last name on the phone when we first talked. Nikki’s was really easy considering he has a book and the band name.

“The nickname does suit him,” Tatts said. “Oh, by the way I’m Jacoby Shaddix,” he said, introducing himself. He extended his hand to me, which I shook.

“Corey Lane,” I said.

“Isn’t that a boy’s name?” he asked.

I glared at him; this was the kind of shit I got in grade school.

“Isn’t that a stupid question?” I countered with a scowl.

He laughed. “I heard from DJ that you were hostile.”

“I’m not hostile,” I mumbled. I was getting tired of saying that.

“Not according to what I saw,” he said, obviously referring to the Tommy event.

“He had that coming,” I bluntly stated.

He laughed again. “You’re probably right,” he agreed with me.

I smiled, someone was actually agreeing with me.

“Gotta say though, Sixx was pretty happy with the show.”

I looked at him suspiciously. “Why is that?”

Jacoby looked at me in surprise. “Tommy was talking shit about how every chick wants to secretly do him, Nikki pointed to you and said ‘I bet you can’t get with her,’ and that’s why Tommy slapped your ass.”

That was very informative, and I was now pissed. “I’ll talk to you later, I’m going to go kill a rock star,” I said, heading into the direction I thought the backstage was in.

“Where are you going?” Jacoby asked.

“Backstage,” I said, stopping to look at him.

“It’s that way,” Jacoby said, pointing in the opposite direction.

“Oh thanks,” I said, walking in the right direction this time. I was on a mission and no on was going to stop me. Nikki Sixx better watch his back.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was actually a lot of fun to write. So leave me beautiful comments! Also, sorry it took awhile.