Dancing in Black and White Photographs

Pigtails and Flirty Interviews

It was the next day, and we had driven to the venue during the night. I went to bed early, not wanting to spend anymore time with the band. The guys on the other hand, stayed up thinking of new material. I don’t know if they did, but I do know that they were really loud and I had to listen to my Mp3 player to sleep.

When I woke up, I found out that my mp3 player had died and no one was awake. I got up, not bothering to change into my day clothes. These freaks can see me without my make up because I know I’ll eventually see all of them without theirs. I sat in the kitchen area staring out the window. We weren’t moving so all I saw was a sunny display of an area in Florida. I think I’ll go on a ski trip somewhere; I was getting really sick of the sun. Though, skiing sounded dangerous, bearing in mind that I’d never done it.

I was still in deep thought about my ski trip when a voice interrupted it. “What are you concentrating on so hard?” Nikki asked tiredly. He was sluggishly moving toward the coffee maker. I liked this Nikki; he was too tired to say anything too insulting.

“How I’m going to get away from you,” I said in monotone. I was never too tired to say mean things to him, though.

He smirked. “Where’s that going to be?” he asked, sitting across from me as he waited for the coffee.

“Somewhere that has snow,” I said in a bored tone. “I’m sick of the sun,” I continued. He nodded in what seemed to be understanding. I looked at my phone to see that it’s ten. “When does everyone normally get up?” I asked, picking at my nails for lack of anything better to do.

“Probably not anytime soon since we don’t play today,” Nikki informed.

I nodded to show that I heard. “So what happens on off days?” I asked, actually curious.

Nikki shrugged. “Anything. Most bands go for a hotel, but I think we’ll save that for next time.” He got up to fix his coffee. It was relatively quiet besides Nikki stirring the contents of his coffee.

“Did you guys get anything done?” I asked conversationally.

“A little bit,” Nikki said, taking a sip of coffee at the end. A body collapsed against the door frame for the bunk area, scaring me half to death. DJ stumbled to the coffee pot, making me think of a zombie.

“Vampire Eyes, why are you stumbling everywhere?” I asked, almost worriedly.
“I’ve only slept for a few hours,” he said lethargically, his voice hoarse. He waved his hand, meaning to scoot over, which I begrudgingly did so. I was giving a glare to DJ when a thought came to mind. He looked over and raised an eye brow at me.

I smiled sweetly at him. “Hey, Vampire Eyes,” I said in mock flirtation.

“What do you want?” he asked, getting up again for coffee. “And you do know that would work better if you actually used my name.”

I rolled my eyes internally at him. I looked up at DJ trying to act as innocent as possible. Nikki was giving me an amused look from across the table, obviously knowing I did want something that would probably make DJ look bad.

“Now why would I want something?” I asked sweetly.

“Because you never act this nice; it’s kind of creepy,” he said matter of fact.

“I’m not that bad,” I said, giving out a pout for more effect.

“Seriously, you being this sweet is kind of sickening; it’s not right,” DJ said, turning his back to me.

“I can be sweet if I want too,” I said, glaring at his back.

Nikki was giving me a funny look. “About as sweet as a crocodile that’s been starved,” Nikki stated. My glare was now fixed on him

“That’s not true,” I said viciously. Nikki just snorted.

“You never did answer my question,” DJ said, sitting back down next to me.

“Can I put your hair in pig tails?” I asked sickeningly sweet. He’s right; I’m even making myself sick. DJ sighed but agreed to do it.

“I can’t believe you’re letting her do it,” Nikki said, shaking his head at DJ. I was unresponsive to his comment, too busy pushing DJ out of the way to get the hair stuff. I practically skipped to the bathroom.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen her that happy,” DJ said.

“Yeah, you’re about to get humiliated, of course she’s happy,” Nikki grumbled, but I could still hear him.

I got out two hair bands and a brush from one drawer. Skipping back out, I looked at DJ. He was eyeing the brush warily. Every time I moved it, he visibly flinched. I looked at him steadily. “You remind me of a dog I had,” I said bluntly
DJ rolled his eyes. “I’m glad you can compare me to an animal,” he mumbled.

I sighed, “Just turn around, Vampire Eyes.”

“I wouldn’t do it, she might kill you,” Nikki said, his face propped up in his hand.

“Thanks for the support, Tattoos,” I said evenly, sitting behind DJ when he turned around. I started to brush his tangled hair gently, trying to make up for yesterday. “Hey, Tatts, do you want your hair in pigtails?” I asked brightly.

“No,” Nikki said. “With you, I’ll probably have bald spots.”

I glared at him. “Not true,” I said defiantly. DJ sighed in front of me. I was now done with the brush and running my fingers through it to part it. “I love your hair, it’s soft,” I said nicely.

DJ laughed. “Thanks, but I don’t think I’ll like the style too much.”

I looked over at Nikki, who was giving us a pleased look. “What are you looking at, Tattoos?” I asked, getting half of DJ’s hair in a rubber band.

“You two are funny, Princess,” Nikki said, leaning back in his seat. I glared at Nikki for the nick name. I now had DJ’s hair finished which now displayed a pair of pig tails.

“Awe, you look so cute, Vampire Eyes,” I said almost mockingly. DJ rolled his eyes but got up to go look at it anyways.

Nikki was laughing at him. “What an idiot,” he mumbled. “DJ!” Nikki shouted. “Do you think that interview is up?” he called out, obviously not considering James.

“Probably, it was from a news crew,” DJ yelled back. James came in, mumbling about ‘inconsiderate assholes.’ He also headed straight for the coffee. “You’re all loud,” he mumbled, and all I could do was agree with him.

DJ came back out with a laptop and positioned it so Nikki and I could see it. “What the hell did you do with your hair,” James asked, giving DJ a strange look.

DJ sighed. “I let Corey do my hair for me,” he said. “I think she has potential in hair styling,” DJ said sarcastically.

“Damn right I do,” I said, not caring that it was sarcastic.

DJ smiled while rolling his eyes. I think I heard James whisper ‘whipped’. I looked over to the laptop to see he had it on youtube, and was about to click on an inside scoop for Cruefest.
“Are you ready for this?” DJ asked pleasantly.

“What’s there to be ready for?” I asked blankly

“Nothing really,” DJ said, shrugging his shoulders.

“Don’t question it and just watch, Princess,” Nikki said blandly. I watched as the chick introduced herself to be Lisa something. I probably should pay attention to names. Then it shot to her, James, and DJ. Both guys had their arms around the girl.

“Are you guys always this friendly?” her voice sounded through the room, as James mumbled about trying to get more sleep and walked off.

I heard them both say yes and always. “Liars,” I mumbled.

Nikki laughed. “You don’t count.”

I glared over at Nikki. “Who says you count?” I asked.

“Most of the world,” he said with a cocky smirk.

“I hate you,” I mumbled. He just continued to laugh at me.

“Okay, next part of the interview,” DJ said, clicking on another video.

“Do I seriously have to watch you whore yourself out?” I asked tiredly.

“Yeah,” he said, listening to the chick speak again. I looked back over and James was talking about one of their songs.

“It’s hot,” Lisa chick said. She was talking about James sweat when DJ stole her Microphone.

“Are you going to ask me some questions?” she said, smiling.

“Yes,” DJ said, pausing. “What are you doing later? Could I perhaps take you out for food and catering?” DJ’s screen self asked.

I lifted an eyebrow. “You’re a dumb ass,” I said simply.

Getting up to leave, I was pulled into DJ as he sat down. “It’s not over,” DJ said, locking his arms around me. I huffed, not liking this one bit. I quickly recognized, Jacoby when it switched to him on stage and later to him sitting down, along with Tony. The other two I had no idea who they were. I didn’t really pay attention to the interview except to Jacoby’s ‘you know’ that he said repetitiously. Then the scene changed to a tour bus bunk area. I paid attention when she said Josh Todd’s name so I could store it into memory, along with the face.

“Is this really necessary?” I asked, referring to how DJ had me securely held.

“Yes,” Both Nikki and DJ said.

“I see you in my future,” DJs digital voice sounded through the room when he said that sentence.

“Oh, really? Doing what?” Lisa asked. I glared at the screen, not understanding why I had to watch this crap.

“You’re a whore,” I said, listening to how he wanted to roller skate or play rock band.

DJ laughed. “You’re just jealous because I’m flirting with someone else,” he said smugly.

I snorted. “Yeah, right,” I said bluntly. I looked to them playing Rock Band. “Ha ha, loser you didn’t get to hit a drum,” I said brightly.

“Do I need to tell him how you did yesterday?” Nikki asked.

“No,” I mumbled.

“How did she do?” DJ asked, resting his head on my shoulder as I tried to shrug him away. I was glaring at Nikki now. It seems everyone needs a Corey glare in the morning.

“She was awful,” Nikki said, taking a sip of coffee. “She couldn’t do any of them, especially singing.”

DJ laughed. “I’m not surprised.”

“I’m still here!” I yelled, annoyed at how they were talking about me even though I was there.

“Of course you are, Princess,” Nikki said exasperatedly. “How could we forget about you,” Nikki asked sarcastically.

DJ suddenly held on real tight. “I’d miss your insults and tyrannical rants,” DJ said, hugging me and leaving very little space.

“Let go of me,” I said dangerously.

“Now why would I do that?” He asked in mock confusion.

I could tell he was trying to annoy me and it was beginning to work. I sighed. “Because, if you don’t and I have to get away on my own, I guarantee your balls will be thrown out the window of this bus.”

DJ sighed. “Such hostility,” he said, letting me go. Hopefully, I won’t have to use castration threats every morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, took awhile because of grandparents being here. Then my Aunt and Uncle came over today, it's just been really long. Monday I go back to school and I have marching band practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I will definetely not have updates on Thursdays but all the other days are hopefully possible. Last but not least leave me lovely comments.