His Little Drummer Girl

Meeting the Band

Franky woke up with a start. Today is the day I meet the greatest band on earth she thought glancing over at the alarm clock on the side. 7am it read. Oh no! I've got ages yet.

She lay on her back and looked around her room at all her posters. Her favorite was of Billie Joe. He's sooooo sexy and I'm going to be speaking to him later on. Wonder if he'll kiss my cheek or just shake my hand. What will he say to me? What shall I say to him? She looked at all the faces of the band members on her wall. They are going to be real to me later she thought. Can't wait to meet Tre Cool and Mike Dirnt too. Ooooh I'm so excited. Suppose I'd better get up as it sounds like mum is in the Kitchen.

In the Kitchen with Sammi...
... What am I doing? I can't think straight. I've finally come to point that I'm really looking forward to seeing him again, and the others. I'm sure there is nothing to worry about, after all I'm doing it for Francesca. It's going to be weird seeing them together though, father and daughter, neither of them knowing...

In the Limo...
... "Mum this is just a little embarrassing don't you think?" said Francesca getting into the huge white limo that was parked outside their house. "This is not cool at all. All the neighbors are outside, look nosy parker Mrs Sedgewick is at her window, surprise surprise." They all glanced over at Mrs Sedgewick and waved. "Its meant to be for your special day" said Sammi "I'm sure there are going to be more surprises in store". "Doesn't feel special" said Francesca "I just feel stupid" and she sunk low in the chair hoping that no-one could look in and see her.

Once they had got on their way though Franky was fine and her and Charlie helped themselves to drinks from the mini fridge. Just look at them thought Sammi they look gorgeous, real grown up. Everyone had gone to such trouble over the past week buying new clothes even Sammi looked really cool and she felt good sitting there in the limo. She knew her hair and make up looked ok today, one of the few days when everything just goes fine. I'm going to really try and enjoy myself this weekend she thought.

"Mum this room is amazing" shouted Franky.

"I bet it does, you want to come and see mine? Its huge" shouted Sammi.

The hotel was a very posh one in London and Green Day had apparently hired the whole of the top floor. When they arrived at the top floor and got out of the lift they could all hear the banging of drums and guitar strumming. They could even just about hear Billie Joe singing along to 'American Idiot. ' They all looked at each other excitedly.

Their room was a suite. It had two bedrooms, a double room for Sammi and a room with two double beds for Franky and Charlie. They also had two bathrooms and a sitting room area with couches and a TV. There was even a playstation set up with all the latest games.

"Wow" said Franky. "I've died and gone to heaven"

Charlie was just as excited. "I can't believe it, what will my mum say" he said taking out his camera and starting to take pictures of nearly everything in the room.

Sammi was amazed. She didn't expect anything like this. This was something else, definitely another world a million miles away from her little two bed roomed house on the outskirts of London.

There was a knock on the door. It was Phil their chaperone.

"Hi everyone. Having fun?" he said coming into their room.

"Yeah, its wicked" shouted Francesca who was bouncing about on the bed as if it were a trampoline.

"Well then. Are you ready to meet the guys?"

All was quiet.

Suddenly "YEAH, lets do it" came the voice from the bedroom.

Francesca emerged from the bedroom combing down her hair and glancing into the mirror to make sure she looked good. Her hair and eyes were her best feature. Long, brown, dead straight glossy hair that loads of girls would die for. She was gorgeous. We sure did make a stunner didn't we Tre I thought to myself.

After I'd tidied myself a little and put on some lip-gloss we headed off down the corridor. It was quite a walk past ornate light fittings and paintings in fancy frames. It seemed to take forever.

Whilst walking, Phil spoke. Just to let you know Tre isn't with the other guys at the moment as he's taking some calls in the office area but I'm sure he'll be along soon. So near yet so far I thought. Phil took a key card out of his pocket and opened a rather heavy looking door. This is it, I thought. I could feel Francesca trembling beside me. Poor love I thought how must she be feeling. Nervous as hell I bet.

Franky's POV
I am really shaking walking down this corridor. Charlie has taken my hand and his hand is really cold. He must be nervous too. We get to the door and I think mum senses I'm a little scared and she's put her arm around me. I'm really proud of my mum she looks really lovely today. I'm glad she's my mum. Phil is getting out a card to open the door. We are going in!

Sammis POV
We are in the room and hey! There are two familiar faces staring over at us. They look so much more mature than I remember. Sitting down to the side there is a lady. I glance over and recognize her as Adrienne, Billie Joe's wife. She's really much prettier than in her pictures. A very tiny build and lovely dark hair. Her eyes are large and brown and she has beautiful high cheek bones. She looks over at me and smiles.

Phil takes the children over to meet Billie Joe and Mike and I make my way over to the side of the room where Adrienne is. I can't quite hear what they are saying but I see Billie Joe bend and kiss Francesca's cheek. Bless her she's blushing (I'm not surprised). He then shakes Charlie's hand while Mike kisses Franky. I can hear them congratulating her and then they start showing them some of the instruments that they play. There are loads of guitars lying around and they ask Francesca if she'd like to pick one and have a strum. They ask Charlie too but he politely informs them that he can't play but would just watch.

Adrienne speaks to me. "Hi I'm Adrienne, nice to meet you". She holds old her small hand and shakes mine. "Nice to meet you too" I reply. "How old is your daughter? She's very pretty?" says Adrienne looking over at Francesca. "Oh thank you" I say. "She's thirteen going on thirty!" I laugh. "I know what you mean" says Adrienne. "My boys like to think they are much older than their years too."

At that moment I hear the door opening. It's him. I can't believe that we are in the same room together after all these years.

"Well what have we here?" Tre shouts bounding into the room. "You must be Francesca?" He says rushing over and giving Francesca a hi-five "and you her friend Charlie. Welcome to the mad world of Green Day!" He shouts in his familiar squeaky American accent and as he turns we catch each other's eyes...