Welcome to My Not So Normal Life

Chapter Five

"This looks like it may fit." I took a step back and bumped into someone. "Sorry dude, didn't ... hey there kiddo."

"Uh, hey Carmen. Shopping for modern clothes?" Brendon asked. I thought about what Jon told me.

"Yeah, I'm tired of my wardrobe. Joe gave me like $500 for no reason. Ryan's supposed to be helping me after a while." Why did I bring Ryan up?"

"I liked your wardrobe. So, Hot Topic, then Dillard's. That's pretty odd. No pun intended."

"Yeah, I grew up in Dillard's. They have pretty clothes. Pac Sun will be next. What about you?"

"Looking for some khaki pants." I smiled and waved bye. I looked and he was staring. Brendon quickly turned around and walked the other way. I paid and left for Pac Sun.

"Looking for me?" I tapped Ryan on the shoulder.

"Chyep, where were you?"

"Dillard's, I ran into Brendon too." We walked into the store. Ryan was quiet. Maybe he knew Brendon liked me. "So, when's my babe break?

"I think he's had it."

"No way, that asshole! How sure are you?"

"Like...two percent sure."

"Two percent sure?! That means you're thinking he hasn't! You're a dumbass. But I still love you."

"You know, you're right." We laughed. I went into the dressing room with my bus load of clothes. I paid and pulled Ryan away from the scarves.

"How much longer do you have?"

"Ten minutes." We walked to Orange Julius. I ordered a peach smoothie while Ryan ordered an orange smoothie.

"I've never tried peach."

"I've never tried orange." We took a sip from the others cup.

"Brain freeze." Ryan and I groaned together. We laughed and tried to get rid of the brain freeze.

"Press your thumb to the roof of your mouth." I ordered. Ryan followed.

"You are so cool."

"You're cooler by like...ten thousand." We leaned across the table and kissed. Ryan pulled away and looked shocked. "You've kissed me before."

"But not in the middle of a picture." He pointed behind me.

"Oh shit." I muttered.