Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Three

The next thing I know peter's expression totally changed. He changed from lustful to furious.

"IT'S BECAUSE OF NATHAN ISN'T?!" he slammed his cluntched fist on the counter I was on.

"Peter.." I was scared shitless. My body froze.

"WERE YOU PLANNING TO BREAK UP WITH ME TONIGHT?!" he yelled, I looked away in shame. I could feel his eyes burn on me."Look at me."

I shaked my head.

"Look at me." he barked.

I still shaked my head. I couldn't believe what was happening. This was a side of Peter I didn't know about. It was scary.

"LOOK AT ME WHEN I TELL YOU TO!" his hands holded my chin towards his face, and he had a tight grip on it.

"You're hurting me." I said closing my eyes, fighting the tears.

"Oh, I'm hurting YOU?" he said furious. He let's go of my chin and lifts me off the counter; I yelped in suprise. He drops me off on the ground, gently. "Have you thought about my feelings?! Were you just using me?!"

"No!" I yelled back in the same tone."I was already going break up with you, even before Nathan woke up!"

The next thing I know Peter striked me across the cheek and left a sting. Then I'm pushed against the wall, his body pressed against mine, my lungs as well. He held my head to his face with his hand. He leans in and whispers in my ear, a loud whisper.

"If you break up with me...I swear I'll kill YOU and NATHAN!" his voice full of danger. I looked at him in shock, was I hearing right? Was he really capable? Then it was like he read my mind."Think I won't do it?" With his free hand, he takes out something from his back pocket. A shiny knife. My eyes landed on the knife and never left it. I gulped enough for him to hear.

He chuckles and he saw my fear. He waves near my face, teasing me. He brings the cold knife to my cheek and pressed it against my skin. I shudder at the sudden coldness.

"You leave me...you die." he whispered."I love you Melinda...I can't imagine life without you...I love you." He pressed his lips against mine, now he had another free hand and with that one he started to roam my body.

Ding Dong!

Saved by the bell...literally. Peter stops and looks behind him, which where the door was.

"Must be the neighbor, she always needs sugar or something like that." I said. He backs away and my lungs took in a big breath. He comes in one more time, but doesn't press in against me.

"Clean up." he hissed. I nod my head quickly. I wiped the coming tears, straighten my clothes and my hair. I straighten myself and walked towards the door, not before having Peter slap my ass. I stopped for a second and controlled my anger and kept walking.

I didn't bother looking through the hole. I turned the knob and swung the door.

"Let' me guess Lily you ran out of sugar." I said with a smile, not real though.

"No," my blood circulation froze as I analyzed that voice."and last time I checked my name wasn't Lily."

"Nathan." I said in complete shock. I met his light blue eyes, now full of life. Not too long ago they had left me and haunted my dreams.

"Melinda." he smiled. I just stood there at the door."Well, are you going to let me in? Or are we going to stand out here and talk?"

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well you haven't come and visit me. I couldn't wait to see you...hold you." and with that he pulled me against his chest. My heart beating a thousand beats a minute. His face inches from mine, we both longed for our lips to meet. But then...

"Nathan? Is that you mate?" Peter's voice was like a wake up call. My body tensed up. I looked at Nathan and saw confusion in his eyes. I looked to Peter...shirtless Peter. I slightly opened my mouth in suprise, what was he doing?

"Peter?" asked Nathan. He looked from Peter to me then back to Peter. His eyes widen like he figured it out. He took two steps back.

"Let me explain." I started, but before I could go further he raised his hand in the air and I stopped. He looked around desparately, he looked so hurt.

~No One's Point of View~

Nathan couldn't explain what was going on. Why was Peter doing in Melinda's place...shirtless?

'No, they couldn't' he thought himself.

Peter couldn't help but to smile. He had taken his shirt off as he heard Melinda mention his name.

"Let me explain--" Nathan raises his hand stopping her from going further. This was too much for him. His heart ached and he felt like his world was getting smaller by the second.

"No need to explain." he said almost in a whisper. He couldn't look Melinda in the eyes, it would only hurt more.

"It's not what it looks like." her voice almost begging for a chance to explain.

"Babe, you haven't told him?" Peter asked innocently. Melinda's palm itched to slap him, but she supressed the feeling and Peter was enjoying every single second. He hugs Melinda from behind and wraps his arms around her waist and plants kisses on her neck.

Nathan couldn't believe what he was seeing. Peter, his best mate, was holding and kissing the girl of his dreams. He needed to get out of there, his breathing started to get shorter and faster and the more he would breath the more it hurt.

"I'll leave you be." he said turning his heel.

"Please Nathan." Melinda begged.

"I'll...good bye." he closes the door behind him and starts walking fast down the hall and ends up running down the stairs in desparate need of air.

~Melinda~

I wanted to go after him, but Peter still had a tight grip on me. There was lighting outside and at the same time I let out a big sob. Peter let's go of me and I drop to my knees and cry to myself. My tears hit the wooden floor and I concentrate on the drops.

"Don't worry love. You WILL learn to love me." hissed Peter and then the door opens and closes.

Everything was going wrong. Destiny kept getting in the way of me and Nathan. Why? First she lost her memory, then she was wit Jeff, then she had an arranged marriage, then Nathan got into a coma and now Peter threaten to kill us both if I left him.

What now?