Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Thirty-Three

The silence was lethal to me. Nathan looked at me with disappointment.

“Look, I’m so sorry for not telling you. Things were happening and I couldn’t get any grip of anything happening around me.” I ran my hand through my hair, by now, I was on my feet.

He shook his head and gave me a smile.

“I know… I have not right to judge you because… I was gone for three years… there are things that I won’t know about you… because every time I see you, I see the seventeen year old Melinda that melted my heart and still does with a single smile.”

We shared a passionate kiss.

“No secrets.” He said.

I sighed and agreed. “Okay… since there’ll be no secrets. Yesterday, Peter and I went together for lunch and then we went to a carnival where we had fun.”

I closed my eyes shut and prepared for the screaming and yelling, but none of that came. I opened my eyes and saw him purse his lips; he was trying to keep calm.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.” I said over and over again.

Nathan looked like he just had some kind of epiphany. He kissed me again and this time there was something behind that kiss because it held so much hunger.

“Dress for tonight. I want you to look absolutely stunning.” He had a twinkle in his eyes.

I couldn’t help but to smile.

“Why?”

“Just do it. We’re going out tonight, and there will no interruptions.” He took out his cell phone and showed me as he turned it off.

My mouth hanged open.

“Today is entirely about you. I have to go, I have to arrange everything. Be ready by nine. I have to go to talk to Linda. I love you, Melinda. No matter what.”

“And I love you, no matter what, Nathan.”

I spent the day getting sober by making chilaquiles, which are Mexican tortillas cut to triangles and then fried in oil and with a sauce of green tomato.

Linda had a big grin on her face, she had forgiven me and I was so relived to have everything back to normal. I missed this.

“Now, by orders of Nathan, we’re shopping for a new dress just for you.”

I changed and we were off to the mall.

She chose for me a red dress that hugged my curves and made me look like a princess.

“What is it, Linda?” I asked as we were picking out my shoes.

“I can’t tell you.” She grinned. “Just know it’s going to be a memorable night… and the most painful.” She whispered.

“Did you say painful?!” My voice was full of panic.

She just giggled to herself.

“You’re no friend, please tell me.” I begged.

“I can’t, I swore to Nathan that I wouldn’t say anything and I should keep you sober.”

I feigned a hurt look.

“Ouch, that was a deep cut, you know.” I wiped my ‘invisible’ tear away.

“We’re taking these.” Linda ignored me and bought the shoes.

I gave up after that and let her do everything.

We went into a Beauty Salon and my hair was done. Linda dragged me back to the apartment and helped me change into the red dress.

“Aaaaaannnnndddd, you’re done.” She said as she clipped one last bobby pin on my loose bun. I checked myself in the mirror and my mouth did a little O.

I looked so… beautiful, as conceited as it sounded, it was true. I don’t think I ever looked this good. Not even in my fifteen’s party.

“Thanks, I look…”

“Bella.” She said in Spanish, she said ‘beautiful’.

“Gracias.” I answered, ‘Thank you’.

I was so nervous when Nathan called and told me to wait outside and as soon as I came out of the apartment, a limousine was waiting for me. The driver tipped his hat.

“Ms. Gomez.” He smiled.

He held open the door open for me. I mouthed ‘Thank you’ as I entered. When I went in there was a bouquet of red roses waiting for me. There was a note inside the flowers, I picked it up and it read.

[Font=6]Together, no matter what.

I smiled from ear to ear. I was so nervous. I had no idea what was going to happen and there were dancing butterflies in my stomach.

Was this it? Was this the night I was going to finally lose my virginity? And if it happened, I was glad it was going to be out of my own free will, no more worrying about being impure because I would lose it to the person that owns my heart and soul.

This was the night, my night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment, at least five comments. =]