Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Thirty-Four

I took several breaths as the drive drove down the freeway towards Nathan’s penthouse.

Oh, God, oh, God, oh God. I kept saying in my head over and over again.

“Relax, ma’am.” The driver said.

I blushed. “Sorry.”

“It’s normal… just don’t forget to breathe.” The driver chuckled.

Was I really having this conversation with a total stranger?

“Um, okay?” I looked around trying to make it seem… like I wasn’t having this conversation with a stranger.

He opened the door for me and helped me get out. I took the roses with me as the driver led me inside the building. I was greeted by the door man.

“Welcome Ms. Gomez.”

“Hello, Jose.”

I waited in the elevator to get to the last floor and when it finally ‘ding’ my heart was beating out of my chest. My knees were getting weak but I got out and went down towards Nathan’s door. As I got closer and closer, I could hear faint music. I think it was a guitar.

Nathan’s door was slightly opened and no light was coming from inside.

I poked my head inside and then opened the rest of the door. I gasped and straighten my position. His entire penthouse was lit by candles and it smelled like lavender and vanilla.

The door is closed from behind me and I jumped and turned around.

You are, what I love the most in this world, that’s what you are.” Nathan played a black acoustic guitar. He wore a tuxedo and his hair was sleeked back.

“Nathan.”

My deepest thoughts, you also are. Just tell me what is it here you got me. You are the first think when I wake up that’s what you are, what my day miss if you don’t come the only precious that is in my mind today.” He continued to sing to me, the song was so familiar to me but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

Then, he started to sing in Spanish.

Que mas puedo decirte, tal vez puedo mentirte sin razón, pero lo que hoy siento,
es que sin ti estoy muerto pues eres... lo que mas quiero en este mundo eso eres.


My eyes widen as I heard him sing in Spanish. My smile grew and I just wanted to kiss him, but it would ruin the moment, right now.

(Click here to read the lyrics in English because the rest is in Spanish)

Eres, el tiempo que comparto eso eres, lo que la gente promete cuando se quiere,
mi salvación, mi esperanza y mi fe.
” He looked up at me and I forgot how to breathe. His eyes held so much emotion in them; I thought I was going to pass out.

Soy, el que quererte quiere como novia soy, el que te llevaría el sustento día a día día, día, el que por ti daría la vida ese soy.” He was only two feet away from me. I could smell his cologne and I closed my eyes as I concentrated on his voice that warmed my soul.

aquí estoy a tu lado, y espero aquí sentado hasta el final, no te has imaginado, lo que por ti he esperado pues eres.... lo que yo amo en este mundo eso eres...Cada minuto en lo que pienso eso eres... lo que mas cuido en este mundo eso eres...

He strummed one last time; his lips met mine immediately. After a couple of seconds, we pulled away and our foreheads leaned in together.

“You look stunning, love.” His accent made me melt from the inside.

“You look… yummy.” He and I laugh for my lack of vocabulary.

“Glad to know I’m leaving you speechless.”

“Who taught you to sing ‘Eres’ in Spanish?”

He smirked and pecked my lips.

“I had help from Maya and Rodrigo; yes he’s out of the hospital now. He says… ‘Hi’.”

We laughed for a couple of seconds.

“I can’t believe how lucky I am to have you, Melinda.”

I scoffed.

“I am the luckiest girl in the world to have a sexy beast like you.”

“Let’s eat.” He said, with his hand on my mid-back he leads me towards his balcony and right next to his window, there’s a table set up. Lit with candles and with champagne and I noticed the red rose pedals leading to different places, the one I was on was leading to the romantic dinner.

“Um, I don’t want it sound like I’m complaining or anything… but what brought this?”

He helped me seat on the chair by pulling it. He sighed and looked pensive for a couple of seconds, as if debating his answer.

I looked at him as he took the seat across from me; he had set his guitar aside.

“In the morning… when you told me what you did with Peter after I told you I couldn’t go to lunch with you…” He stopped, “I don’t want to lose you.”

I was still a little lost.

“Why would you lose me if you have all of me?”

“Lose you to Peter while I’m distracted at work, can’t you see?”

I realized what he meant; he thought that because he was spending less time with me I would fall for Peter.

I chuckled a bit.

“Is that why you looked like you had an epiphany this morning?” I questioned.

“Melinda, Peter very sly about these things, when he wants something he never gives up and I’ll be damned if I lose you to him… again!”

I gave him an assuring smile.

“Nathan, you have me body and soul, Peter can try all he wants to get me but he never will because I don’t love him, I love you.”

He smiled from ear to ear. We ate and I talked about my alcohol problem. I just told him how I so much stress in my life and the only escape I found was in Vodka or plain beer.

The champagne didn’t really do anything to me and Nathan made sure I only had two glasses, and it wasn’t even full.

“I really like your dress,” he smirked. “But I think I’ll like you better without it.”

I chuckled nervously and literally gulped. Nathan laughed and my cheeks turned a deep crimson color.

“I don’t find it funny, Nathan.”

“I know, love, it’s just so cute to see you blush when I make a sexual comment. I love to know I have that affect on you.”

I rolled my eyes in frustration.

“Okay, okay, I won’t mention it again. I still have a couple of songs for you.” He stood up and offered his hand to help me up.

I took his hand and took another road of rose pedals and this one led to his living room. His furniture was gone and in the middle of the floor was a heart made of rose pedals but they were purple which stood out.

He brought me close to his chest and took a small control out of his pocket and pressed play.

The song started and I smiled and slightly shook my head. It was ‘I Miss You’ by Blink 182. Linda must’ve told him it was one of ultimate favorite songs in the world because I never told him that.

We slowed dance and shared kisses through the song. The next one that came on almost made me cry, it was our song. ‘Time Is Running Out’ by MUSE.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and chuckled.

“You thought of everything, didn’t you?” I shook my head.

“Of course, tonight has to be the most memorable.” He smirked.

He stopped dancing and he went over to get his guitar, Muse was over by now, and he came back with a little stool as well. He strummed the guitar and then cleared his throat.
“Melinda, you are my life, the reason I wake up every morning and… well this song will explain better.”

We’ll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words,
Are said too much
They're not enough
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

(In album version but not in music video)
I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes
They're all I can see

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things
Will never change for us at all

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?


I clapped for him.

“Who knew you had such a great voice?”

“I’m full of surprises. Now, this is the last song for you…”
♠ ♠ ♠
There is going to be a sex scene in the next one and please remember I'm just clueless about sex as the next person, so don't expect too much...



I just love this song so much, I never get tired of listening to it. =]