Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Forty-One

---???’s Point of View---

“Can’t you idiots do anything right?” I cursed as I picked up the girl. She was bleeding from her right temple and made a mental note to clean her wound.

“She bit me!” Shane exclaimed. “That bitch bit me!”

“You can take care of your ego later; we have to move, because someone might’ve heard her struggle.” I hissed. They immediately understood and started to move.

I placed her in the back of the SUV. I removed the hair from her face. She had the Hispanic features but was lighter skinned than most Hispanic girls I knew. She groaned and stirred a bit and mumbled his name.

“Na-Nathan.”

---Nathan’s Point of View---

After two hours of begging her to come out, I gave up. I needed something to drink. I walked away from the bathrooms and went to the table.

Ana approached me.

“Hey, are you okay?”

“Melinda and I had a fight, a big one.” I sat down and placed my elbows on my knees and my chin on my palm. “She’s never going to forgive me.”

“Aw, come on, I’ve seen the two of you, you’ll make up, I know it because I know Melinda. Sure she’s super pissed right now but when she has time to think she’ll come around.”

“I don’t know.” I said unsure.

“Just give her some space and call her tomorrow or maybe she’ll get to you first.” She flashed a smile before leaving me.

True, I’ll call her tomorrow first thing in the morning.

---Next Morning---

Her phone went straight to voicemail. I called her apartment.

“Yellow.” Linda always answered by saying a random color, last time I called she answered ‘Sky Blue’.

“Hey, is Melinda there?”

“Nathan?”

“Yeah?”

“Um… isn’t she… with… you?”

My heart stopped.

“She didn’t come home?”

“N-no, she uh left a message saying she was coming but never did and I assumed you two made up or something so I didn’t bother calling her.”

“Her phone is off.”

I was on my feet pacing.

“Peter!” We both said at the same time.

I hung up.

I raced to Peter’s place. Well, drove.

I banged his door so many times I thought my fist was going to go through. Finally someone answered.

Peter walked out in boxers.

“What fuck do you want? Who the fuck do you think you are bargaining in like that?!”

I landed a good punch on his jaw. He stumbled back clearly surprised. He flares his nostrils and his chest heaved.

“What the bloody hell was that for?”

“Where is she?!” I screamed as I shook him by his collar. My eyes were dangerous and lethal. He knew because for a second fear flashed through his eyes.

“Who?” He yelled back.

“Where is Melinda?! Where did you take her?!”

Peter took my wrist trying to get away from my death grip. He sighed in annoyance.

“Isn’t this a little familiar? Except it was me who thought you took her away, that’s besides the point, what the fuck happened?”

“Peter, I swear to all that is holy if you did some—“

“Nathan, do you honestly think I would harm—don’t give me that look, yes I tried to rape can’t we move on from that?”

My anger was rising each passing minute.

“Now I’m going to say the words you said to me when I thought you took her… ahem… ‘Do you really think I'd be here if I had kidnapped her?’. Ah, yes, old memories, actually not even four months ago I was in your place.” He shrugged.

As much as I hated to admit: he was right. I cursed.

“Peter?” A girl walked out of his bedroom with what looked like his shirt. This girl looked almost like Melinda. Black hair, brown eyes and familiar facial features I turned to Peter who clearly knew I caught on and was embarrassed by this, though he hid it well.

“She’s missing.” I whispered.

“When was the last time you saw her?”

“At the wedding… we had an… argument.”

“About?” He chuckled I guess in some kind of victory.

“None of your fucking business, now are you going to help me find her or not?”

“Of course, I still love her.”

I whipped my head at him and sent daggers at him. He raised his hands in the air.

“I’m just laying it out there.”

“I don’t care.” I growled.

---Melinda---

Déjà vu doesn’t begin to cover what I am feeling right now. Once again, I’m in a room, but this time they weren’t so… nice. No mattress or any place to sit nicely. So, hard, cold and dark room, oh did I mention they chained to the wall?!

What surprised me was that I had a band aid on my temple. Why would kidnappers aid their victim?

After hours of nothing happening, my wrists were beginning to hurt really bad because I was trying to pull the chain off the wall, bad idea.

“Fuck!” I screamed. “Fucken fuckers!”

I expected for something to happen. When nothing did, I exhaled heavily.

When I heard the jingle of keys my heart started to accelerate. Were the guys that got me psychos? Were they going to torture me slowly? Are they vampire-freaks and are going to use me as ‘sacrifice’?!

Okay, so I’m a little paranoid. Deal with it.

The door opened and in came a red-head and blue eyed guy. Yes, he was beautiful, handsome or gorgeous what ever suits you better. He also looked super pissed or maybe he had something stuck up his ass.

I glared at him.

He just looked at me. From top to bottom.

“Who the fuck are you?”

His eyes locked on mine and a shock of fear went through me. Wow, he gave a whole new meaning to ‘If looks could kill’.

He didn’t answer my question. He put his hands in his pants pockets. He walked over to me and I pressed against the wall trying to get as far away as possible, the dude was intimidating. He knelt down to my level and removed the hair on my face. He cupped my chin and I tried to pull away but he kept it there.

“You’re hurting me you fucking asshole!” I growled.

He narrowed his eyes and removed his hand. He brought it up and strikes me across the cheek, or in other words pimped slapped me. I gasped at the sting but bit my lip to stop it from quivering from the pain. Shit, he had a heavy hand, I mean I’ve had my share of slaps but this one was like getting hit with a fry pan.

“What the hell was that for?!” I hissed.

He opened his mouth. “You’re not the type Nathan usually goes for.” I blinked, he said Nathan.

“What?” I asked.

“You’re not a blonde, dumb or… someone else’s.” He whispered the last part but since I was so close I heard him.

“How do you Nathan?” His eyes flicked back to me and turned hard and cold.

He stood up and turned his back to me.

“Hey, hey, I’m talking to you!” I yelled but he didn’t stop. “Fine! I’m gonna annoy the fuck out of you and your friends, I’m gonna sing at the top of my lungs, watch!”

He slammed the door.

“NOW I WILL TELL YOU WHAT I’VE DONE FOR YOU… FIFTY THOUSAND TEARS I’VE CRIED…!” I started to sing ‘Going Under’ by Evanescence.

When I was done I moved on to Bring Me to Life and then Call Me When You’re Sober and then finally Time Is Running Out by Muse which was a bit difficult because I was reminded of Nathan and the fireworks started.

“No! I’m not going to cry, I’m not going to cry!”

The door opened again and a blonde came in this time. He had a smirk on his face.

“Can I help you?” I snapped.

“Ooh, you’re feisty no wonder that lad Nathan likes ya.” Very thick Irish accent. The other dude had it too but this one was more noticeable. I think that was the guy I bit.

How do I know? Because he put his hand in my face.

“You bit me you little bitch.” He turned dead serious.

See? I know who I bite.

“Yeah, well I didn’t enjoy it either; you put girls’ lotion on.” I snarled and smirked.

What does he do? Strikes me across the cheek. But his hand was lighter than the other guy.

I chuckled. “You’re so lucky I’m chained to the wall otherwise you’d be doubling over in pain.”

“Devlin was right… you’re not the usual type Nathan goes for.” He smirked.

“How do you know him?!”

“All in time m’lady.” He cupped my chin as ‘Devlin’ had done so but only examined my face before he walked out as well.

“Dumb ass!”

It seems you’re having difficulty in dealing with these changes, living with these changes the world is a scary place—“

I heard the locks once more. I kept singing like I had said. I wasn’t about to be ignored. The redhead guy came back, Devlin.

Yes, it was late at night and he was… well… shirtless and super hot.

No, I have a boyfriend… well… yeah… sort of… I thought. It didn’t hurt to look plus it wasn’t like I was going to make out with the guy and almost have SEX like NATHAN almost DID!

“You’ve been at it all day, don’t you ever fucking shut up?” He said his words slowly which emphasized more and scared the hell out of me. I gulped.

“Why am I here?” I used his pace in the words to make them serious.

He narrowed his eyes at me. “You don’t need to worry; I’m not going to hurt you… yet.”

I gulped louder. “What did I ever do to you? Is this because I somehow offended you at some point in my life? If yes then I’m freaking sorry… look… please… just let me go.”

He tilted his head and once more knelt down to my level.

“You’ve been kidnapped two other times; shouldn’t you know the rules by now? Things like ‘Let me go’ and ‘Why am I here’ are never going to get answered. You’re Melinda Bella Gomez, born May 8, you are Mexican and you have two brothers, twins Jose Manuel and Jose Victor, your father is a former drug dealer and your mother was one of the greatest and most beautiful models in the country.”

I stared at him in astonishment.

“Stalker.” I muttered.

His lips twitched and for a second, only a second, did I think he was going to actually smile at me. But, his lips became a hard line.

“You’re very interesting… falling for your kidnapper, the son of your father’s worst enemy.” He ‘tsk’-ed me while waving his index finger across my face.

I looked into his eyes.

“And what would you know about falling for someone? You’re heartless bitch!” I spat.

Could his glare become more deathly? Apparently so.

“You don’t know anything about me.”

“Neither do you!” I yelled. “So, you know the basics whoopee—fucking—doo. You do not know ‘Melinda’.”

He pondered for a moment and studied me.

“I wonder.” He whispered as he leaned in. My heart started to race at the closeness. I froze in my spot.

His blue eyes locked with mine, you’d think I would think of Nathan but Devlin’s blue eyes were darker and held more sorrow than I’d ever seen on anyone.

My chest heaved as I smelled the mint of his breath, it lingered in my tongue.

He chuckled.

“Tempting indeed.” His husky voice electrified me in a good way.

He raised his hand and for a second I thought he was going to cup my cheek but instead he reached above my head and unlocked the chains. My hands numbly dropped on my lap. I rubbed my wrist, he was still really close.

He got up and walked out of the room without a word.

Shit, what the hell was that about?
♠ ♠ ♠
YES... new Character, I've have a picture up in the next chapter...