Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Five

He smoothly lifts himself off the car and chuckles. He walks over to me and he towers over me, he was standing so close, I could smell his cologne. He smirks and bends down. He's going to kiss me, he's gonna kiss me...nope.
He bent down and got my things. I felt so stupid as he gathered my stuff from my feet, I bent down but the same time he lifted his head up and our heads collided.

"Ow!" we both said and rubbed our heads and laughed at ourselves then we landed eyes on each other and silence takes over.

"I can't stand it any longer." he sounded desparate and wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into a kiss and quickly pulled out before I could react. "I'm sorry..I di-didn't mean to..I"

"Don't worry about it Nathan. It's fine." I said hiding my joy of his soft lips on mine. Silence takes over again for a second. "So, I don't mean to sound rude, but, what are you doing here?" He hands me my things and takes a second to answer me.

" I needed to see you. I need you to conform if you're really in love with Peter." as he said this my body stiffen and a lump in my throat appeared again. I looked away and walked past him. He pulls me back by the arm."Melinda please look at me."

"I ca-can't look at you Nathan." I confessed.

"Tell me you still love me, come back to me, please I can't stand living--"

"Nathan stop!" I raised my voice and took my arm back."I don't love YOU anymore." I glared at him, but in the inside I was dying as his shocked face looked at me.

"You don't mean that. You--"

"No Nathan I do. I'm sorry to hurt you like this, but...I love Peter. I realized that what we had...is a thing of the past." I lied. He places both hands on my shoulders and shakes me a little.

"Don't say that. Not after everything we've been through." he begged.

"I'm sorry Nathan." I said and took two steps back. I took out my keys and unlocked the car with the little remote.

"Melinda wait!" he called, but I ignored him and stepped in the car. I closed the door and then he opens it."Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't love me anymore."

I sighed and looked at him with an angry look.

"I.Don't.Love.You.Anymore." I said pausing after each word. I knew every word was a stab in his heart. He backs away from the door and I closed it. I put the shift in reverse and back away slowly and then drove away. Leaving a heartached Nathan. After a couple of blocks I cried and cried.

"Oh God I'm so sorry Nathan....I'm sorry I tore your heart...I'm so sorry." I said to myself as I drove back to the apartment.

***

"Drop it Linda!" I barked as I was doing my hair; it was already Saturday and it was around five o'clock in the afternoon.

Linda was lecturing me about love and how she knows I don't love Peter. I wanted to yell to the world I didn't, but Peter is scary, I'll admit it, he scared the living crap out of me.

"You're not the same Melinda." she stomped her foot after her sentence. I look at her meekly.

"Everyone changes, it's called growing up, Linda." I showed a calm in my voice I didn't really have.

"If Peter really loved he would let you go." Maya added.

"Don't gang up on me guys." I said, I let down the curl from the curler. I gave them a pleading look, I was tired of fighting with them

Ding Dong!

"That's probably Jeff." said Linda as she walked out my room.

"Melinda. Look at what you're doing to yourself. You're with a man you don't love. You're not just hurting Nathan but yourself." Maya always knows what to say and when what she says it's always the truth.

I flashed her a smile."Maya, don't worry. I'm fine. I'm in love." I faked a happy face.

She sighs."How can you lie to yourself?" she shakes her head and walks out of my room.

I already had my dress on. It was light blue and long. It fits me right.

Now that I was alone I was able to apply my make up without any arguing. I pulled on matching color high heels; only one and a half inches long. I put in my cellphone, mirror, and eyeliner in my matching bag. With another look at the mirror, I stood up straight and practiced my fake smile.

"Hi Mr and Mrs. Watson I'm Melinda Gomez." I reached out my hand to invisible Mr and Mrs. Watson. I realised how ridiculous I looked I laughed at myself a little.

There was ooh's and aah's as I entered the living room of the apartment. Then I hear someone whistle. I looked up and saw Jeff. I smiled at him.

"Hola Jeff." I said as I walked to him and greeted him with a kiss on the cheek as most hispanics do.

"Hi yourself, look at you, you look stunning." said Jeff as he twirled me, I laughed.

"Careful Jeff. Don't let yout girlfriend see you checking out her best friend." I teased and looked over to Linda who was giving me the cold shoulder all of a sudden.

Everybody sing
Like it's the last song you will ever sing
Tell me, tell me do you feel the pressure now?
Everybody live
Like it's the last day you will ever see
Tell me, tell me do you feel the pressure now?- Born For This by Paramore


My cellphone vibrated at the same time as the song played, it was Peter. I take it out of my bag and answer.

"Yeah I'm ready." I said."...I'll be down in a sec...ok...bye...love you too." I hang up and give a apologizing look at Linda and Maya who was sitting next to Linda."Hope you guys have fun. Bye." I tried to give them a kiss on the cheek, but they both backed away.

(Author's note: In hispanic tradition, well in mexican, you greet and say good bye to people with a light peck on the cheek. Most of you know that but just putting this out there for those
who don't.)

Outside in front of the apartment building was a black porshe waiting with Peter inside. A grin appeared on his face as he looked me up and down. I rolled my eyes a little. He comes out of the drivers door and goes around and opens the door for me; I wore lip gloss just so he won't kiss me. Muhahaha...I'm evil. Anywho I flashed him a smile and entered the car. I waited as he walked around again and entered by the drivers door. He turns on the car echoing a Vrooom! in the empty quiet streets.

"You look absolutely stunning, love. My parents are going to love you." He said smiling, he reaches his hand over and cups my cheek and caresses my cheek a little, with his thumb. I shakily shrugged his hand off.

"You're gonna ruin the make up." I trying to sound playfully. He puts his hand down and puts the shift to Drive and off we were. After a few minutes of silence I needed music."Can I turn on the radio?"

"Sure." he simply said. I turned on the raido and found my radio station. 106.7 KROQ.

"Hey this is Nicole Alvarez, we've been getting a lot of request for this song 'Handlebars' I guess theres a lot of stoners out there. cause this is a stoner song, if you didn't know. I absolutely love it. Here it is 'Handlebars' by Flobot." said Nicole, she was my favorite Dj. I actually loved this song. It's so freakin' awesomeness.

I mouthed the lyrics as the song played.

"What is this rubbish?" said Peter as he changed the station to another, with Pop (no offense). Ugh!

"Hey!" I said changing it back."I like this song."

"It doesn't make sense." said Peter.

"It's just music, it's a stoner song." I said.

"Only you would know." He shrugged.

"Nathan would too." I muttered.

"What?!" he barked in a threatning way.

"I said we're there." I said pointing to the mansion. He eyes me suspiciously for a second and then gives up with a sigh of frustration, and I was able to swallow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, to make things clear, I don't if the song Handlebars is actually a stoner song but they said on the radio and it sort of sounds true but if it isn't then sorry if I offended anyone. Yeah, I love that song though. =]