Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Six

Peter parked just outside the door. I looked at the house and memories rushed back. I looked at my right and saw the forest I entered trying to escape from Nathan. I smiled at the memories, how far I've gone in four years, back when I was 17 and everything was simple.

"Melinda." Peter woke me from my thoughts as he offered his arm. I linked mine's with his; I lifted the dress a little because it was long. Peter rings the doorbell and after a few seconds I hear footsteps near the door and then it's swung opened slowly by a maid.

"Welcome Mr. Watson and Ms. Gomez," she bowed her head. I nod at her and Peter merely walks in and yanked me inside a bit. I sent a glare at him. Peter looks around like he's making sure no one is looking. He then turns his attention to me and I froze at his expression; danger and threatning.

"No funny business with Nathan," He yanked me closer to him, and I looked into his dangerous eyes; scared."Got it?" I nodded quickly in fear.

"What beauty stands before my eyes." A male's voice comes from the living room; a man, well in his 50's, stood there with a smile on his face, he stood around 5'11 and had Peter facial features; obviously his father.

"Father," said Peter as we walked to him. He let's go of his grip on me and as he hugged his father I rubbed my sore shoulder."Father, I want you to meet the girl of my dreams," he said as he gently touched the back of my arm and presented me motioning his other hand at me, with a grin on his face,"Melinda Bella Gomez."

I reached out my hand, like I had done so in front of the mirror, and said."Pleasure to finally meet you sir." My smile could end the Iraq war.(not really) He took my hand and placed a light peck on it.

"Pleasure is all mine." he smiled and a slight pink blushed appeared on my face. Peter's father wasn't old looking, he looked rather younger for his age."I'm William Watson." I nod."Come the rest are in the dinning table. But I must say boy she is quite a catch."

"I know and I'm sure not going to let her go." He "joked" and his father laughed, but I knew he meant it and I tried to force a little laugh, which went horribly wrong.

"Shall we go?" He motioned us to go first and once more I linked arms with Peter. My heart started to race as we neared the dinner table. With Nathan there it was all possible. A quick plan ran through my head, run and never look back, but it was soon too late because we had gone through the door frame to the dinner table.

Immeditately silenced fell over the room, all of the attention turned to us and it felt like everyone was holding their breathes. This made me more nervous and I was sure my face had gone red. My eyes fell on Chuck and I sent him a smile, which he quickly returns.

"Good evening." I said breaking the silence and tried on a smile.

"Good evening." they all said.

"My Lord, Peter, she is more beautiful, so I did have to see it for myself to see what you meant." A lady spoke, she was the one with an empty seat to her right, Williams. She looked around her late 40's. She took care of herself and only had a wrinkle here and there nothing too noticeable. She had red hair, Peter had brown so he got his hair from his father, but she had Peter's eyes.

"Thank you ma'm." I said bowing my head.

"Yeah true beauty she is." an annoying and familiar voice rang sarcastically. I looked where the voice was coming from and landed eyes on none other than Lucy Truman. Blood rushed to my head and my instict told me to jump her and rip her blonde hair off her head, but I controlled that urge. I looked next to her and found Nathan, he looked rather emotionless, like back when I first met him, but behind those cold eyes I could see the hurt and pain, which I had costs. But why would he go back with this slut?!

"Always a pleasure to see you, Lucy." sarcasm all over my tone, Chuck nearly choked while he tried not to laugh. She glares and I sent her a friendly smile.

"Please take your seats." motioned John. Unfortunately it was right in front of them. I was across Lucy, because Peter took the seat across Nathan like he knew what I was thinking.

"Did you buy that dress at a whore store?" teased Lucy with a malicious smile.

"Lucy!" hissed Peter.

"It's alright Peter, because in fact I did," I touched Peter's hand and then turn my attention to Lucy " in fact they gave me a discount when I mentioned I was a friend of yours, Lucy. They said you were a regular customer and any friends of Lucy's is a friend to them. Oh and they told me to remind you YOUR customers are waiting and are getting impatient." If looks could kill, I would've been dead when I stepped through the doors. Chuck couldn't hold it and laughed, then I heard a familiar laughter and found Jacob was here. I had a victorious smile. She tried to counter back with something but failed miserably, my smile grew wider.

"Enough. We're going to have a peaceful dinner. Lucy I'd think twice before insulting Melinda unless you have good comebacks." said John he finished his sentence with a smile and he winked at me.

"You sure know how to pick them boy." complimented William.

"Yeah easy to take to bed." muttered Nathan under his breath, but I caught loud and clear.

"Samething about yours." Peter said louder.

"Do you have a problem with me Peter?" Nathan raised his voice.

Peter slams his fist on the table."Yes I bloody, you don't insult my girl!"

"I was merely saying the truth. Didn't you shag her on your first date?" Nathan said. My mouth slightly dropped.

"ENOUGH! NATHAN! Be a little more respectful! You do NOT speak about a lady like that." John yelled. Under the table I cletched my hand fighting the tears, not of sorrow, but of rage and anger, mostly rage.

"Don't worry Mr. Fullerton, Nathan's words don't hurt me. He is blinded by anger and can't think clearly." I said in a suprising calm voice and looked directly into Nathan's eyes, he was suprised by my reaction.

Without any more words dinner was served. Everyone ate in silent for a while.

"Tell me Melinda, are you in college?" asked Evelyn, Peter's mom.

"Yes I am." I said.

"Where at?" William asked.

"She goes to USC, one of the best in the state." said Peter proudly.

"You don't say. What are you majoring in?" asked Evelyn.

"L & D nurse." I said. They put on a confused faces."It means Labor and Delivery Nurse."

"Wow, that's very good. A lot of girls are squimish about blood." said Willam.

"Not me, I grew up skate boarding and blood just came with it." I said.

"You like sports? What kind?" asked William.

"Soccer it's my favorite." I said.

"Melinda, I think we're going to get along just great." smiled William."Futbol (I think that's how they say it in England) is my passion."

"Then you'll get along even better with my father." I said. William laughed.

"Don't you dare let this one go, Peter, I like her." said William as he waved his finger at me. Peter wraps his arm around my waist and places his other hand on mine.

"I sure don't plan to." Peter places two finger under my chin and moves my face towards his and places a sweet kiss on my lips. I could feel all eyes on me, including Nathan's.

We pulled apart and the oh's and aw's stopped.

"Excuse me." Nathan's voice had venom and hatred, I turned my head his way and saw him glare at me and stand from his seat and walked out of the room.

"What is wrong with Nathan?," asked Evelyn."he's acting rather strange."

John's eyes landed on me and I looked away in shame.

"Excuse me for a second, I need to go to the bathroom." I rised from my seat.

"Do you need me to show you where it is?" offered William.

"It's alright sir, I know where it is. Thank you for your concern." I smiled and left the room and headed upstairs to the familiar bathroom. I rubbed my temples with my index fingers and closed my eyes.