Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Seven

I walked down the stairs and made my way out of the house without making any noise. I needed to get some fresh air because I felt like I was suffecating in there. The cold mountain winds hit my face and my body and immediately goose bumps appeared on my body. I hugged myself and looked at the clear night sky. All of the stars were visible and the moon was full. The only sound outside were the crickets. I smiled as I let my problems slip my mind; the stress of medical school and guy problems, all that mattered was that I was relaxed and calm. I leaned one of the marble stones.

"You're going to catch a cold." his voice pulled me back to reality. Nathan was leaning on the other marble stone. I shot a death glare at him, he was the last person I wanted to see right now.

"What do you care british boy?" I spat angrily. I lifted myself off the marble and started to head back to the house but Nathan stopped me. I looked as he had a gripped on me."Let me go Nathan."

"Just answer me one question." He said in almost desparate voice.

"Let me go." I repeated and tried to pull me arm out but he only held on tighter.

"Why Peter?!" He ignored my request."Of all of the men in the world, why my best mate?!"

"It's not like it matters anymore, you're back with Lucy." I looked at him, jealousy in my eyes. He looked at me suspiciously.

"You're jealous." He stated.

I scoffed."As if. I would never be jealous of a slut like Lucy. Now.Let.Me.Go." He finally releases me. I opened the door of the house and walked back into the warmness. I heard chatter coming from the living room and assumed they moved there.

Everyone's fell on me as I entered and then I noticed they fell to someone behind me, Nathan. Peter stands and walks over to me.

"Come Love." said Peter leading me the place where he sat and made me sit next to him on the long couch. Nathan sat on my left side as Peter was on my right. Nathan was sitting next to Lucy who immediately attached herself like a blood-sucking leech to his arm.

I did the same with Peter but my grip was looser. I rested my head on his shoulder for a while. Soon the wine came out and since I was able to drink I took a sip of red wine. It was super sour at first but after another sip or two it felt good. Everyone was having their own talks.

"You alright?" asked Peter as he lifted my chin to meet his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm good." I assured him with a smile. He smiles back, sometimes, under different circumstances I think I would've fallen in love with Peter, but when I think about his bad side I get scared.

"Wanna know my suprise for tonight?" asked Peter. I smiled.

"Love to." I said. He got up and stood in the middle of the circle. I put on a confused look.

"Can I have everyone's attention?" said Peter as he lightly hit his glass with a pen or something. Everyone's attention is turned to him, all have the same look as I have. I looked over to Charles for an answer but he shrugged his shoulders."Melinda, my love, stand next to me please." He offered his hand. I looked around for a second,looking for answer as to what was going on, but I took his hand and stood from my place.

"What's going on Peter?" I asked.

"Earlier today I met with your father." He explained as he cupped one of my hands with his own and looked me straight in the eyes.

"Okay..." I said more confused.

"I love you. You're everything I ever wanted. I loved you since the moment my eyes fell on you, even though I didn't know I was madly in love."

Oh god please don't let it be what I think it is.

"I went to see your father to..." He bends down to one knee as a black box rested on his left palm."...ask your hand in marriage."

Mary, who was there, Evelyn, Myra, well all of the girls gasped and aw-ed. My eyes wide as fish. I took a step back in suprise and my breath was gone. Then someone from the corner of eye moved. I looked over to see Nathan bend down to his knee and took Lucy's hand.

"Lucy, will you marry me?" his words echoed through my head like a church bell. Was he serious?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha, a twist... I think. comment, if ya want.