Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Nine

"I'm not, not happy." I got confused at the end."It's was just so unexpected." I defended.

He smiles. "I want us to be happy together...forver." His smile turned into one of those soon-to-be-psycho. But I paid no attention to that. He parked infront of the apartment building.

"Sure." I smiled and opened the door of the car and got out. I waited for him to be out of sight before entering the apartment building. As I was in the elevator, I took a second to look at the ring on my left hand, ring finger. I got scared as serious facts hit me. I was going to get married...again...and again with someone I didn't love. The universe just loves messing with me.

I opened the door of the apartment and immeditately get attacked by Linda and Maya.

"Where were you?"

"Why didn't you call?"

"What happened?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down. My brain is tired." I raised my hands defensively. Linda puts her hands on her hips and taps her foot.

"So, why didn't you call?" Her voice clearly out of patience.

"Sorry, mother, I didn't know I had to. I was over at the Fullerton's, whom invited me to spend the night." I said, I pushed past them and went to my room. Which was soon invaded by Maya and Linda.

"How was it?" Maya asked, interest in her voice.

"Alright." I waved my hand in the air carelessly.

Linda gasps. I looked at her and saw her pointing at my left hand. I quickly hid it behind me.

"What was that?" she demanded getting closer to me. I took a step back.

"What was what?" I acted dumb.

"Ohhh don't you play blondie with me now. I saw the ring on your finger." said Linda in a evil grin.(no offense to any blondes.)

"Ring? What ring? Show us!" said Maya looking from Linda to me several times.

I shook my head. "You're imagining things." I said.

Linda and Maya look at each other and they grin...Evily.

"What are you two thinking?" I asked slowly and cautiously took several steps backwards. They smile at me innocently.

"Get her." They launched at me and before I could react I was pinned to the floor, both Linda and Maya on top of me.

"Get off me, pirujas! (sluts)." I yelled in anger.

"Ah Ha!" said Linda raising my left hand and examined the ring. Her eyes widen. "This is an engagment ring!"

"Explain yourself Bella." Maya said using my middle name.

"Ugh! If you get off me!" I yelled wiggling out of their graps. We stood and straighten our clothes.

"So...Explain yourself." they said at the same time.

"Don't rush me." I said."After dinner...Peter...proposed."

"And you said yes?! Why?! It's bad enough you were his girlfriend, now you're his fiancee." exclaimed Linda in horror.

"It's more complicated than you think." I defended myself.

"How?" asked Maya.

"Nathan was there..."

"Oh, poor Nathan." said Maya, sympathy in her voice, which got me mad.

"No! Don't say that. When I was about to reject Peter, you know what he does?" I asked.

"What?" they asked.

"He goes down to his knee and asked LUCY to MARRY HIM!" My voice was yelling by the end of the sentence.

"NO WAY!" both shocked.

"How did Lucy-- wait same Lucy who broke his heart?" asked Linda.

"Yes, same bitch. Lucy said yes and out of anger I said yes." I said.

"Oh...Wait. I thought you didn't love Nathan, so why did it bother you?" Linda asked suspicously. I turned red and for a second didn't say anything.

"I--I don't. It's just...out of all the girls in the world, why did it had to be this one?!" I was yelling again.

"Why out of all the guys did you chose Peter, Nathan's best friend?" asked Maya clearly being a smart-ass.

I glared at her. "Look talk about it later, kay? I'm tired. I didn't get much sleep. I have to go to work tomorrow at the hospital in the morning shift. Please...I need to rest."

"Fine, fine." Linda raised her hands in defeat."We'll leave you."

"I've got a date with Brian anyways. We're going to see a soccer game." said Maya.

They closed the door behind them. I threw my head back and looked at my ceiling for a second or two. After I was able to move, I reached in the black wardrobe and look out a white towel and headed to the bathroom. I stripped off my clothes and stepped in the nice warm water.

I dried myself and putted on some tight shorts and a small tank top. I let my hair down. I walked like a zombie to my bed and slomped on the bed.

Dead I am the one, exterminating son
Slipping through the trees, stranglin the breeze
Dead I am the sky, watchin angels cry
While they slowly turn, conquering the worrrrrrrm- Dragula by Rob Zombie (mmmh...Rob Zombie his music helps me with my anger issues. Especially this song.)


I could hear my i-phone, which I still had since I was like 17 a big deal for me, it vibrated on the floor and I could hear it move on the wooden floor. I groaned half-asleep and lazy lifted my hand but dropped it back on the bed. My head hurt and the last thing I needed was someone calling me. I had specific ring tones for people like for Linda it's Rihanna 'Don't Stop the Music.' For Maya I had 'Handlebars' by Flobot. But I had no idea who that ring tone belonged to. It wasn't Nathan because his was 'Time Is Running Out' by Muse.

*** Hours Later ***

I was woken by some people jumping on my bed.

"Wake Wake Up!", I opened one eye and saw Victor's grin.

"Wake up Bella!" Manuel's voice screamed next to my ear.

"Ow!" I shot up straight and punched Manuel on the arm.

"Owie." He whined rubbing his shoulder.

"What the hell is your problem?!" I screamed.

"You're not awake." they both said.

"I had a long Saturday. Now what do you want?!" I snapped angrily.

"You promised." Victor's eyes widen in shock, apparently I didn't remember something I had promised. (Nice job Sherlock Holmes, how did you ever figure that out?) (Melinda: Hey! You're the one writing this story!) (Me:mmmh...touche)

My eyes widen as I remembered, I had promised to take them to the BMX Games this Sunday. I had gotten tickets from Henry, remember the guy from Denmark? Well he was kind enough to get me those tickets for the twin's birthday. Memo to self, remember to thank Henry again.

"Damn! Sorry little bros I forgot. Wait outside and I'll be ready in fifteen minutes." I said as I threw the covers off me and stood.

"Now you're gonna buy us nachos." said Manuel as they walked out of the room.

"Yeah, yeah, y tu paleta de que la quieres? (Yeah...(it basically means no)...No)" I said as I pushed them out the rest of the way. I jogged to my drawers and picked out a pair of tight jeans and a batman shirt. I got my stud belt and some wrist warmers, one of them said Make Music Not War, in red letters, got it at Hot Topic. In ten minutes I was ready, I pulled my dry hair into a pony tail and let my bangs fall on the right side of my face, so I looked sort of emo, but in a skater kind of way.

In an hour we were at the BMX Games, watching dudes do some awesome tricks. There was also skate boarding, I got a funny feeling as I looked guys do some awesome tricks on the ramps and rails. I bit my lip as I envied the guys, I had forgotten how it felt to have the wind in my hair and the rush of hanging in mid-air. Letting gravity do the work and pray so I wouldn't break my neck.

"This is so cool." the boys said as the scattered around by themselves. They were only 11, I think I know bad sister but eh, I had to keep my eye on them or else they would turn up drunk and with tattoos on their arms saying "I Love You, Mom" with a bleeding heart that has a arrow going through it.

"Manuel! Victor!" I yelled going after them.

"Hey gorgeous." said some boys over by the place where they sold beers. I looked at them for a second and made a disgusted face."What bitch?! Don't like what you see?" the guy was clearly drunk. He walked over to me and took hold of my wrist and tried to pull me to him.

"Let go you drunk ass." I cursed. I struggled trying to get out, but he was a drunk and he was a guy.

"Nope." he said as he finally pulled me into his chest, his breath smelled like beer, but he did have a hot bod, but my thoughts soon ended as his other hand caressed one of my butt cheeks.

"Don't touch me, you sick fuck!" I yelled as I hit him in the groin with my knee and as he doubled over my knee met his chin. The guy fell backwards to the floor. I took steps back and looked at what I had done. Some of his buddies had angry looks, they were also drunk by the looks of it. They glared at me as they started to walk towards me. Why weren't people doing something?

"Do you have idea who that was, you whore?" asked one of the guys.

"I don't care who he is!" I spat in anger.

"His father is a General in the US Army." answered the same guy who asked.

"And I care?" I sounded brave.

"We're gonna have to teach you a lesson...In bed." smirked another guy clearly the second ring leader. I gulped.

"You're not laying a single hand on her." That voice, I know who it is.