Lost

Explanations

She lowered her head sadly; she couldn’t bear to look at him. She had known this would happen from the beginning, but it still hurt to hear it from him; it was some sort of prank or something. He’s been lying to her the whole time! She turned to walk away once again, this time not caring if he stopped her or not.

“No! Wait! Just let me explain!” he called after her.

She turned around to face him, her face twisted with fury. “No! I’m done trusting people!” then she turned and ran. Tears streamed down her face and clouded her vision, so after about ten minutes straight of running she slowed and eventually stopped. She dropped to her knees and covered her face in her hands. She knew he hadn’t followed her because she hadn’t heard the footfalls behind her.

Please, just listen to me… I beg of you!” he was standing right next to her, not even out of breathe.

“H...how?” was all she got out before he silenced her with a finger to her lips.

“I’ll explain everything if you just give me a chance.” His eyes were pleading, even she could see that.

She sighed in defeat “Fine. But if I don’t like your ‘explanation’ then there’s no second chances.” She didn’t know where she got the courage to stand up to him, perhaps she was just getting sick of being pushed around constantly.

“Fair enough,” he sighed with relief, “But I don’t want to explain it here, let’s go back to my place.”

She narrowed her eyes at him but complied with his request. She slowly got up and followed him back to his house, still sniffling a bit from her previous episode. They eventually got back to his house and sat in the living room, him on the couch, and her on the floor in front of the fireplace. She found it extremely comfy there.

“Would you like something to eat or drink?” he asked politely with a small smile.

“Stop stalling and tell me what it is you wanted to tell me so badly.” She wasn’t in the mood for his games.

He sighed a distressful sigh and then began…”Okay, well first of all my name is Gregory.” She nodded and he continued, “And I’m…. erm… well…” he looked to be extremely uncomfortable and she almost felt guilty… almost. “Okay, well I’m not human.”

He spit it out so quickly that she almost didn’t hear it, and she didn’t believe what she did hear. “Umm, I’m sorry, what did you say?”

“I’m not human.” He said again, staring at the ground, looking shameful.

“Uhuh, sure. Then what exactly are you?” she snarled, now she was just plain pissed off that he took her for a fool.

“Your guardian angel.” He said, looking right into her eyes, and she gasped when she saw a set of huge white wings expand out from behind his back.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay sorry its been so long... ive had it typed up but i forgot to post it hehe my bad... but comments motivate me to do more faster.... :D much love to those who read... more love to those who comment