Adopt a Soldier, Vengeance!

Chapter 8: Waking up

I was dreaming again, but this time the dream was different, it was good dream I couldn’t describe it, I just felt happy. It was weird though cause normally after getting back from Iraq I have horrible nightmares for months. I’ve never had a good dream only a week after. The only thing that I could think that was different this time was I was sleeping in Zack’s arms, maybe he was keeping the demons in my head at bay, I have no idea but I never wanted this dream to end.

But as fate would have it I woke up to a phone ringing, I sighed and opened my eyes, it was bright outside, and I groaned and buried my head in Zack’s chest. He chuckled, “It’s probably the guys, just ignore it and go back to sleep.”

I chuckled and said “Not going to happen, once I’m up I’m up and there is no going back to sleep so you should probably answer it!”

He groaned and said “You’re no fun!” he reached over and picked up the phone “Hello?”

I listened in to the person on the other end “Hey man it’s Kevin….um can you tell Tori that Chris and I aren’t going to be home for a while they are keeping us here in Germany for a few months.”

I looked up at Zack wide eyed pleading “Here you can talk to her she’s right here.”

He handed me the phone, “Why are they keeping you guys over there, you’re not going back are you?” I immediately asked.

“No, they aren’t sending us back as far as we know. They want us to stay on the base here for a while for debriefing or something, I don’t know, its just something stupid. So how are you?”

I sighed in relief and said “Ok, and I’m good, though I should warn you I am mad at you and Chris for not tell me about Zacky! You two assholes I almost passed out when he came up to me in the airport!”

Kevin started cracking up, “Ok, we’re sorry but he told us not to…………fucking assholes……….I have to go babygirl, Chris or I will call you when we can, take care of yourself and tell Zack he better keep his hands off of you!”

I laughed and said “Ok, I will talk to you later, lovers you, and send Christopher my love too!”

“I will love you babygirl we’ll talk to you soon over and out!”

With that we both hung up, I reached over Zack and put the phone back on the bedside table, “Kev and Chris are going to kill me when they get back aren’t they?” he asked.

I laughed as I settled back into his side “Oh they probably would……but I have them wrapped around my finger, I won’t let them hurt you too bad.”

He chuckled and said “Oh thanks…………..why dose he call you babygirl?”

I shrugged and said “I don’t know probably because I’m younger then them and they feel the need to act as older brothers, they started calling me that a few weeks after we met, well Kev did when we were dating and it just kinda stuck.”

Zack turned his head to look at me, “You dated Kevin?”

I laughed and nodded “Yeah for a few months when we were in basic but we both decided we were better off friends.”
♠ ♠ ♠
ok so there is way more to this story and I am posting all of this in school!!! tell me what you guys think!!!