Status: Hiatus

I Can't Believe This

"Really?"

I don’t think there’s been a time in my life when I’ve been as happy as I am now. Laying with Billie Joe on this beautiful, sunny day in Golden Gate Park just feels so right. Everything feels right now. I look up at his gorgeous face to see his breathtaking green eyes watching me curiously.

“What are you thinking about?” He asks, his lips turning up into a smile.

“You.”

“And?”

“I’ve never been happier.” I say truthfully.

His smile grows wider at this, “ Same here.”

I lay my head on his chest and I feel his hands running through my hair. I close my eyes, just listening to the steady beat of his heart.

“So I was thinking…” He says breaking my trance like state a little bit.

“About?” I ask, my eyes still closed.

“Next week we’re playing a show in D.C., ya know, to kinda rap up the tour, and I was thinking that maybe you'd like to go with us.” He says unsure, his voice quieting.

My eyes fly open, “Really?”

“Of course, we can hang out with Tre and Mike and take in the sights D.C. has to offer…and…”

“And?”

“We’ll have some alone time.” He says mischievously, his eyes twinkling.

“Hmm, I’d like that.” I say kissing him ever so gently. Billie raps his arms around me and deepens the kiss. Gently he rolls on top of me, placing his hands on my hips. I feel his tongue glide along my teeth, begging entrance. Just like the first time I gasp at the sudden contact of his hand under my shirt, but I don’t stop him this time. After all, no one’s around. So I press against him more firmly, welcoming his touch.

“Oh my God!” That’s gross!” I hear someone yell.

Fuck.

Billie slowly looks up, following my gaze that has rested on a mother and her kid, who looks like he’s about six. Oops.

“I can’t believe you two! You should be arrested!” She yells angrily as she clamps her hands over her son’s eyes and leads them away from us. It’s quiet for a moment as I take in what happened, then Billie bursts out laughing.

“Why are you laughing?” I demand.

“Because…because,” he gasps, “that was so…so funny!”

“Oh my God.” I groan. “You’re weird.” I say, trying to hide the smile that's forming on my lips.

“Oh come on, tell me you don’t think that was funny.” He grins, his eyes smoldering, and his voice becoming husky.

I bite my lips,. But it’s no use, I burst out laughing too.

“I knew it!” he exclaims laughing. “Well, why don’t leave before we do get arrested?” he chuckles.

“Yea.“ I laugh thinking how funny that really was.

The drive back to my apartment was mostly spent talking about the upcoming trip and how that little boy probably has a really good image in his brain to grow up with.

***

“Lisa! Dammit! Hurry the fuck up!” Rhianna yells through my bedroom door.

“I’m coming! Just wait a fucking minute!” I scream back. “I’m almost done packing, Jesus, can’t she just hold on for one fucking minute?” I mumble to myself as I zip up my suitcase.

“Finally!” she sighs as I emerge from my room.

“Shut up.”

“We could’ve missed the flight.”

“But we aren’t going to, so again, shut up.” I say sourly.

“Come on, the guys are expecting us at 3:00, and it’s 2:30.

“I’m ready, lets go.”

Rhianna had also been invited to go on the trip by Tre. Once he had found out that Billie had asked me he went straight to our apartment to ask Rhianna as well. So now we’re on our way to Oakland International Airport. Our only stop between here and D.C. I just hope the trip isn’t bumpy, I hate flying. Ever since I was a little kid and my parents sent me to my aunt’s for the summer. The plane ride was horrible. 1,000 miles of turbulence, and me being only 6.

We walk into the airport and see Billie, Mike and Tre sitting on those hard plastic chairs that airports are so famous for, waiting for us.

“Hey! You’re here. Good.” Billie says hugging me.

“Yea sorry we’re late. We would’ve been here sooner but someone takes awhile to get ready.” Rhianna says eyeing me as Tre wraps her into a hug.

“So, are we ready to go?” Mike asks.

“Yup.” we all reply in unison.

“That was weird.” Tre says cocking his head. “Ok, lets go.”

Billie walks beside me as we make our way up the stairs an onto the plane. “Hey, are you ok? You look kinda pale.”

“Yea, I’m fine, I just don’t really like flying that much.” I say glumly.

“There’s nothing to worry about. We’ll be in D.C. soon.” He assures me, kissing my forehead lightly.

I smile faintly and follow him to our seats. Oh great, I get a window seat. I close my eyes as we take off, trying not to feel nauseous. I hate flying.