Status: Hiatus

I Can't Believe This

Washington D.C.

“Lisa, wake up. We’re here.” I heard faintly in the background. “Hey, wake up.” I heard again as someone poked me.

My eyes slowly opened and were met by the gorgeous green eyes that made my heart flutter. “We’re here?” I asked dumbly.

“Yea, come on, I’ll help you with your bags.” Billie replied standing up, grabbing our bags and heading down the aisle.

“Hello Washington D.C.!” Tre yelled as we walked to the car that was waiting to take us to our hotel. A bunch of people walking just stopped and stared at him, raising their eyebrows. “What the fuck’s your problem?” Tre asked an old lady who was glaring at him.

“Oh my God Tre. You know, you’re gonna get us kicked out of here one of these times.” Mike accused, hitting Tre on the head, as we continued walking.

***

“This is where we’re staying?” Rhianna asked as she and I stared up at the massive hotel in front of us.

“Of course.” Mike stated naturally.

I walked beside Billie, my eyes bulging at the size of this place. However my gaze was broken when I got the feeling someone was watching me. “What?” I asked, seeing Billie staring at me, smirking.

“Nothing, it’s just that your eyes are so big.” He said laughing.

“Oh shut up, I’ve never stayed in a place like this before.”

“Well, now’s your chance.” He grinned, stepping into the elevator.

“So this is your guys’ room.” Mike said, pointing to room 1221.

“And mine and Billie’s rooms are next to yours and Tre’s is across the hall.”

“Great, thanks Mike.” I said pulling my bags into the room.

“Well, we have to go to practice in a few minutes, so we’ll be back in about an hour.” Billie told us.

“Ok, we’ll be here.” I murmured, looking at how much space Rhianna and I had in our room.

Billie kissed my cheek and followed Tre and Mike to the elevator.

“Oh my God! Lisa, come here!” I heard Rhianna scream.

“What?”

“Look!” She exclaimed, pointing at the Jacuzzi in the bathroom.

“Holy fuck!” I yelled.

“This is so cool!”

“No kidding.”

“And how long are we staying here again?” She inquired.

“A week.” I grinned.

“Well, since the guys are gone, why don’t we go out and look around for awhile?” She suggested.

“Sounds good to me. Let me get my purse.”

***

“So this is D.C.?” Rhianna said tiredly.

“I guess so.” I frowned, looking around. “Not much to see huh?”

“Not really. But there has to be something here that’s fun.”

Grinning widely, I pulled Rhianna towards a street corner, “Come on.”

“Where are we going?”

“COFFEE!” I yelled, dodging people as I ran. “Made it!” I said, smiling proudly.

“What the hell are you on?” She asked me, completely serious.

“Nothin’. Why?” I smirked, entering the coffee shop.

“Uh huh, sure.” She laughed, rolling her eyes.

“Coffee, coffee, coffee.” I mumbled anxiously.

“Will you shut up?” Rhianna hissed. “People are watching.

“And your point is…?”

“God, just get your fucking coffee, I’ll be at a table.” She muttered.

“Can I help you Miss?” The cashier asked.

“Yes, um, I’d like a French Vanilla Latte please.”

“Certainly. That’ll be $4.50” She said, smiling.

Jesus Christ, $4.50 for a damn coffee? “Thanks.” I said curtly.

“$4.50 for a fucking coffee! Can you believe that?” I snapped. “Fucking insane.”

“Well, that’s what you get for buying coffee in D.C.” She smirked.

“Fuck you.”

“Whatever, I’m just saying that if you…” She trailed off, noticing that I wasn’t listening. “What are you looking at?” She asked, following my gaze.

“What? Oh, nothing.” I jumped, trying to sound calm. Although it wasn’t working very well considering what had just walked in the door.

“Ah, so that’s what you were looking at.” She smiled. “Nice looking man.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Well, let me remind you then. About 5’ 10”, black hair, gorgeous hazel eyes, converse, black band tee. Not to mention, he’s looking at you.” She informed, turning back to me. “So, what are you gonna do?”

“What am I gonna do?” I repeated. “Nothing. I already have a boyfriend. Remember, Billie Joe?”

“True, but you could at least talk to him ya know.”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Because, I’m not interested.”

“I see. So why don’t I go and talk to him for you.” She stated, more than asked.

“No!” I hissed.

“Too bad.” She replied, getting up and walking over to his table.

“Shit.” I mumbled to myself.

A few minutes later she returned with a pleased look on her face.

“What?” I asked, annoyed.

“He told me to give you this.” She smirked, holding out a piece of paper.

I took it and peered at the neat writing. “His number?”

“Yep, he also told me to tell you that it’s his cell number and he would love to get together with you sometime.”

“Not gonna happen.” I told her icily. I would never do that to Billie Joe.

“Whatever you say.” She muttered, not believing me.

“Come on, let’s get out of here.” I whispered, heading towards the door.

***

“Why can’t you just call him? Get to know him or something.” Rhianna pressed.

“Because, I have no interest in him. I have Billie Joe. And I don’t want anyone else, so just drop it.”

“Yea, but…”

Luckily she was cut off by a knock on our door. I got up to answer it before Rhianna could say anything else. It was Billie. I automatically wrapped my arms around his neck, giving him a hug.

“Well, that’s the best greeting I’ve gotten in awhile.” He grinned, hugging me closer. “So, can I come in?”

“No, Billie, I’m gonna make you talk through the door.” I smirked sarcastically.

“Very mature.”

“I know.”

He gave me a weird look before continuing. “So anyway, how was your guys’ day? Do anything fun?”

“Actually, we did.” Rhianna spoke up, glancing at me. “We went to a little coffee shop and we got…”

“Way over charged for coffee.” I cut in, glaring at her.

“Was it at least good coffee?” Billie asked, grinning.

“Nope, it was shit.”

He just laughed, “Oh, before I forget, we have a show tomorrow night. So be ready by 6:30. K?”

“Yup, yup.” I smiled, following him to the door.

“And I am going to go and get a shower.” He said, giving me a sweet kiss that made my heart speed up. “I’ll be back later, we’re all gonna go out to dinner.”

“Sounds great.” I replied, kissing him again.

I waited ‘til I saw the door to his suite close before going back into ours.

“What the fuck was that about?” I snapped, venom dripping in my voice.

“What was what about?” She repeated innocently.

“You know what, dammit.”

“Oh, you mean my description of our day I was going to tell Billie?”

“Yes. That.”

“Relax.” She said nonchalantly. “I wasn’t going to tell him about the guy.”

I felt a wave of relief wash throughout my body as I heard this. I just nodded, and went into my room. I took out the little piece of paper and read it again.

555 - 7800
- Ethan

I was overcome with disgust as I stared at the number. Getting angry with myself, I threw the paper in the trash and laid down on my bed, feeling completely guilty about lying to Billie Joe.