Status: Hiatus

I Can't Believe This

Surprise

9:32. I really don’t wanna get up, I thought to myself as I placed my feet on the ground and started walking down stairs. “Hey.” I mumbled.

“Oh, hey. Billie called.”

“He did? But it’s only 9:30.”

“Well, he told me to tell you he has something planned for the two of you today.” Rhianna said smiling.

“Ooh! What is it?”

“I can’t tell you, I’m under oath.”

“Fine then, I don’t wanna know.” I said as I got some Frosted Flakes and sat down at the table across from her.

“Yes you do.”

“I know.” I glared at her. And she just laughed.

“Ok, well I’m leaving. I have to find a new job, this one sucks.” She said flatly.

“Good luck.”

“Yea…” She sighed, closing the door.

***

I was just getting into the shower when I heard my cell start to belt out ‘Fashion Victim’ “Dammit.” I groaned angrily as I reached for the stupid phone. My feelings changed immediately when I saw who was calling.

“Hey you.”

“Hey yourself,” Billie said happily, “So, I was thinking we could get together soon.”

“That be great, when?”

“In an hour?”

“Sure. Where are we going?”

I heard soft laughing on the other line, “Can’t tell you.”

“Why?” I whined.

“Because it’s a surprise.”

“I hate surprises.” I grumbled.

“Too bad, I’ll be there in a an hour.”

“Fine.” I said, but he had already hung up. What am I supposed to wear? He didn’t say anything about whether or not it was casual or fancy. “Oh well.” I said and hopped into the warm shower.

***

“Coming!” I yelled as the doorbell rang. I swung open the door to find Billie standing there, looking very casual, thank God., since that's what I had decided to go with also.

“Ready?” he asked, pulling me out the door.

“Yea, hey, what’s the hurry?”

“No hurry, I’m just excited.” He said putting his arm around my waist.

“Well I could be excited too if you were to tell me where we going.” I said lightly, hoping my plan would work.

“Nice try.” He laughed.

“Damn.”

“So I just wanted to thank you.” He said, still paying attention to the road we were driving on.

“For what?” I asked curiously.

“For meeting Joey and Jake last week, I know it was probably terrifying, but they seem to like you.”

I had met Joey and Jake last Wednesday, and true, it did seem like Joey had liked me, but Jake didn’t like the idea of his dad dating anyone other than Adrienne, which makes sense. “What about Jake? He didn’t like me as much.”

“He just needs to get used to you, and he will, don’t worry.”

“How can I not?” I mumbled under my breathe. The rest of the ride to…wherever we’re going…was spent in silence, not an awkward silence, but a comfortable one. The car eased to a stop and I finally noticed where we were, Golden Gate Park. Billie helped me out of the car, holding a picnic basket in one hand. “Billie…what are we?”

“You’ll see.” he said calmly as he laid the blanket out for us, and set the basket down. “This is your surprise.”

“A picnic?”

“Yep, you like it?”

“I love it.” I said and leaned into his shoulder.