Status: Hiatus

I Can't Believe This

Truth

“Finally. Damn, you’ve been asleep for a long time.” Rhianna pointed out, looking concerned. “Are you ok?”

“Yea, I’m fine. Just tired I guess.” I told her. And that was the truth. Feeling guilty takes a lot out of you.

“You’re sure you’re ok?”

“Yes.” I snapped, not meaning to sound that harsh. “Sorry, yea, I’m fine.” I looked down before adding quietly, “Or I will be.”

“What does that mean?”

“It means that I feel guilty about lying to Billie, so I’m just going to tell him the truth. I’m going to tell him that we went to the coffee shop, and that guy walked in. Then you, against my better judgment, went over and got his number. And now the number is in the garbage.”

“Huh, ok then. Nice version of the truth.”

“That is the truth!”

“Is it?” She pressed.

“Of course.” I huffed, annoyed.

“So you weren’t looking at the guy? At all? Ever?”

“Rhianna shut up. Ok? That’s not the point! The point is that I’ve thrown the paper away. And I don’t plan on digging it out of the trash.” I waited a few seconds before adding, “And neither will you.”

“I won’t. So, you’re really gonna tell Billie that version of the truth?” She said, smugly.

“For the last fucking time…That is the truth!” I hissed.

“Ok.” She whispered, looking uncertain. “I’m gonna go for a walk. Let you and Billie talk.”

“Whatever.” I said after the door had closed.

“That is the truth.” I said to myself. “Right? Wait, what am I saying? Of course it is.” But I still didn’t believe myself. “Ok, so maybe I was looking at him. A little. Not a lot.” Then I realized that I’d been talking to myself. “Oh God, I’m going fucking insane. No, talking to yourself isn’t insane.” I assured myself. “Answering yourself…that’s what’s insane.” Shit, there I go again. I just need to stop over thinking things. Relax…relax…”Shit!” I whispered, as there was a knock at the door. “Fucking nerves.” I mumbled, opening the door. “Billie!”

“Hey.” He said, walking past me into the suite. “So what’s up? I just saw Rhianna in the lobby. She looked pretty pissed off.” Concern filled his eyes.

“Oh, that. It’s nothing. Really. We just had a little argument.” Billie went to say something before I cut him off, “Billie, I have to tell you something.”

“Ok, what is it?” he asked, looking a bit worried.

“It’s nothing, really, I mean it could happen to anyone.”

“Lisa, please just tell me.”

“Ok, well, when Rhianna and I went to the coffee shop, there was this guy there.”

“Uh huh.”

“And he gave me his phone number. Well, actually, Rhianna went over and got it, without my consent, and then gave it to me.” quickly, I also told him that his number was in the trash.

“Ok…” he said, not understating.

“So, I just wanted to tell you. Are you mad?” I asked quietly.

“Why would I be mad?” He asked. “I have no reason to be.”

“So then, you aren’t mad that some guy was checking me out?”

“I don’t blame him.” He said.

“You don’t?” I asked confused.

“Not at all.” He said putting his arms around my waist. “You are beautiful.” He said huskily, kissing the nape of my neck.

All of my senses were shattered at that moment. My heart fluttering, knees shaking, I melted against him.

Slowly he lifted his head and kissed me passionately on my lips, sending electricity through my body. I pressed my lips against his more roughly, wanting more. He backed us up to the couch, the backs of my knees hitting the edge of the sofa, making us collapse onto it. Without thinking, I began to unbutton his shirt. He stopped kissing me, looking into my eyes.

“Are you sure?” He asked, barely whispering.

I nodded my head in reply and went back to unbuttoning his shirt. His hands roamed my stomach, lifting my shirt over my head, and tossing it across the room. Soon, both of our shirts were gone and he was carefully making his way to the button on my jeans. His kisses became more urgent, his tongue massaging mine. I felt him slowly undoing my zipper and anticipation washed over me, as my breathing got heavier.

“Hey guys! Oh shit! Sorry!” Tre yelled, covering his eyes, and closing the door.

Billie jumped off of me, and I sat up, scrambling for my shirt. Making sure we were both fully clothed again, Billie opened the door.

“Hey.” Tre said, grinning.

“Hey Tre. What do you want?” Billie asked, pissed off that he had interrupted us.

“Nothing. I actually just came over to hang, but now I see that you two are already, how should I put this…, ‘occupying’ yourselves.” He laughed.

Even I couldn’t help but laugh at that. But apparently Billie could, because he looked at me like I was insane. I abruptly stopped laughing and looked down.

“Well at least Lisa thought it was funny.” Tre said, smiling proudly.

In return I flashed him a grin and nodded.

He winked at me, then turned to Billie, “I’m gonna go now…” Pausing, he looked at us again, and added, “And I guess I’ll be giving this back.” He said innocently, holding out one of our key cards.

“Tre, how the hell did you get this?” I asked.

“I stole it earlier.” Then he came over and gave me the key. Leaning down, whispering in my ear, “Have fun.”

Again, I laughed and nodded.

“Get out.” Billie said, pushing Tre out the door.

After Tre had finally gone, Billie came back over to the couch and sat down beside me. Resting his head on my shoulder, he said, “So where were we?”

Dipping his head down, his lips met mine. He smiled against my lips as his hands encircled my waist, pulling me on top of him.

“I’ll knock next time.” Rhianna said, smiling.

“Shit.” Billie mumbled against my neck.

Pushing him off, I sat up and straightened my clothes. “Hey, you’re back early.”

“Yea, well, just like yesterday. There is nothing to do here.” She looked over at Billie and grinned. “Hey.”

He smiled, looking away from her eyes a little, “Hey.” He turned back to me and gave me a light kiss, whispering by my ear, “We’ll continue this later.”

I smiled, and kissed him again, watching him leave.

“So, I take it you told him?” Rhianna asked, knowingly.

“Yep.” I smiled.

“And he didn’t mind?”

“Nope.”

“Good.”

I smiled again, and nodded. I was lucky Billie wasn’t the jealous type.

“So…” Rhianna said, breaking my thought, “You two looked pretty comfy.” She said, winking.

“We were.”

“Sorry I interrupted.”

“S’ok, you weren’t the first today.”

“Tre?”

“Who else?” I laughed.

“We’re going to a bar!” Tre yelled, bursting through our door.

"Speaking of which." I laughed.

“Tre, what the fuck?” Rhianna yelled. “How the fuck did you get in here?”

“Key.” He said, in a ‘duh’ kind of way, holding it out.

“I thought you gave that back.” I stated, eyeing him.

“I did, but, when you weren’t looking, I took the other one.”

“Wow.” I muttered, and took the key from him.

“Hey, we’re all going to a bar.” Mike said, poking his head into our room.

“Yea, Tre told us.” I said.

“Oh. Well, come on.”

“Hey! We’re going to a bar!” Billie yelled, running into our room and landing beside me on the couch.

“I know, Tre and Mike told us already.” I told him, laughing at the look on his face.

“But…but.” He said, sadly, “That was my job!”

“And I took it!” Tre yelled, smugly.

Although the look of victory that was plastered across his face soon dissolved as Billie got up and started chasing him.

“Oh my God.” Mike muttered, sitting on the couch with us. “I bet Tre wins.”

“Oh yea?’ I asked, a smile growing on my face. “I think you’re right.”

“I agree.” Rhianna said, laughing.

A few minutes later Tre burst through the door, running into my room. Seconds later, Billie came running around the corner, stopping in front of us.

“Where’d he go?” He questioned, hurriedly, looking around.

We all pointed towards my room, laughing.

“Ahhh!” We heard Tre yell, as he and Billie emerged from the room. Billie holding onto Tre’s collar. “Let me go. Let me go.” He whined.

Billie laughed and dropped him, walking over and sitting on me.

“What are you doing?” I asked, quirking an eyebrow.

“Sitting. You’re comfortable.” He laughed, poking my thigh.

“You’re weird.” I laughed. “Well," I said, turing to Mike and Rhianna, "At least we didn’t bet actual money, we all would’ve lost.”

“Yea.” Mike and Rhianna agreed, laughing.

“What are talking about?” Billie asked, curiously.

“We bet that Tre would win the fight.” I said, seriously.

“You wha…? You actually bet against me? Your own boyfriend? I’m hurt.” He said, pretending to cry.

“Aw, babe, I’m sorry.” I cooed, rubbing his back, and kissing his neck tenderly.

“All better.” He grinned, looking up.

I laughed and rolled my eyes., before pushing him off of me. Bursting out laughing as he hit the ground.

“What the fuck?” He asked, shocked, “Why’d you do that?”

But I was too busy laughing along with everyone else to answer him. When the laughter had finally died Mike pointed out that we should go, before someone kills someone else.

***

“Awesome.” I said, as we entered the bar. The walls of the bar were painted black with black light paint splattered all over them, making the walls glow under the 3 large black lights hanging from the ceiling.

“I’m gonna get a drink and find some ladies!” Tre yelled. Then he saw the look on Rhianna’s face and changed his mind. “Why don’t we get a drink babe?” He asked, putting his arm around Rhianna’s waist, leading them toward the bar.

“Shall we go and find a table?” Mike asked, already walking towards and empty one.

“Bill, look over there.” Mike said, nodding his head towards some girls looking at them.

“Oh great, here they come.” Billie muttered. “Sorry.” He whispered looking at me.

“It’s fine. But I think I’m going to go get a drink. I’ll be back.” I said, getting up and walking to the bar.

“What can I get you?” the bartender asked, once I had sat down.

“Just a beer. Thanks.”

“Sure thing.” He said putting a glass under the tap. “Here ya are.”

“Thanks. How much do I owe you?”

“Four even.”

“K.” I said, digging through my wallet, trying to find my money.

“Put the lady’s on my tab.” I heard beside me.

I looked up and was met by the gorgeous hazel eyes.