Status: Hiatus

I Can't Believe This

Eruptions

RECAP:
“What can I get you?” the bartender asked, once I had sat down.

“Just a beer. Thanks.”

“Sure thing.” He said putting a glass under the tap. “Here ya are.”

“Thanks. How much do I owe you?”

“Four even.”

“K.” I said, digging through my wallet, trying to find my money.

“Put the lady’s on my tab.” I heard beside me.

I looked up and was met by the gorgeous hazel eyes.

END RECAP

“Hey.” He said, noting how surprised I looked.

It took me a minute to find my voice before I could answer him. “Uh, hi.” I said quietly. Shit, that sounded lame. “You don’t have to do that you know.” I told him, as he paid the bartender.

“I know. But I want to.” He said, flashing me a grin. “So, I didn’t have the chance to catch your name at the coffee shop.”

“Lisa.”

“I’m Ethan.” He said, holding his hand out for me to shake.

I put my hand in his, and felt little shivers run through my arm. I quickly let go and looked down, embarrassed.

“So, do you live around here?” he asked, eyeing my curiously.

“No. Actually I live in California.” I said, glad that I wouldn’t have to see him again after we left.

“Cool, me too. What city?”

'Are you serious?' I thought

“Oakland.” I answered.

“Awesome. I live in San Rafael.”

Fuck. What were the chances of that? Is the world seriously out to get me?

“Cool.”

He turned so he was facing me more. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to come on so strong. But after I saw you yesterday, I’ve wanted to get to know you. That’s why I gave your friend my number. Don’t worry, I’m not some weird stalker.” He laughed.

“I wasn’t that worried.” I said, smiling, getting lost in eyes. Shit, no! Snap out of it. What the fuck is wrong with me?

“Hey, babe.” Billie said, wrapping his arm around me. “The fans are gone.” He said, not looking at me, but at Ethan.

“Oh, great.” I said smiling.

“So who’s this?” He asked, extending his hand towards Ethan’s.

“I’m Ethan.”

“Billie Joe.”

“Yea, I know. I’m a big fan.” He said, grinning, “I love Green Day.”

“Thanks. Always glad to have our music appreciated.” He paused for a moment, taking in the fact that Ethan and I had been talking like we knew each other. “So, I’m sorry, but how do you know each other?”

“Uh, this is the guy from the coffee shop I told you about.” I said, looking into Billie’s eyes, and seeing a hint of jealousy, before he covered his expression.

“Oh, right. That Ethan.”

“Yea, I saw Lisa and her friend yesterday, and wanted to talk to them, but they left too soon.” Ethan said, looking confident in his answer.

Billie snorted, rolling his eyes. Then he turned back to me and said, “We better get back to the table. Our friends are waiting for us.” Standing up, he said a quick goodbye to Ethan and started walking back to our table.

“I’ll see you later Lisa.” Ethan said, watching Billie stalk off. “Sorry about that. I didn’t mean to make your boyfriend mad.” He said, sincerely.

“Don’t worry about it.” I sighed, looking over at Billie. “I’m gonna go.” I said, turning away from him.

“Don’t forget to use my number.” He called quietly.

I stopped, turning back to him, nodding. Then I made my way back to our table.

“Was that…?” Rhianna asked, as soon as I sat down next to Billie.

“Yes, it was.” I huffed.

“Oh, was he nice?” She grinned.

“Unbelievably.” Billie muttered under his breath.

I don’t know why but I got angry when he said that, “Billie, can I talk to you?” I whispered, harshly.

“Yea.” He mumbled, following me outside.

“What the hell is your problem?” I demanded.

“I don’t have a problem.”

“Really? Well it sure as hell doesn’t look that way to me!”

“Well that’s your problem isn’t it?” He said, smugly.

“Billie, don’t be an asshole.”

“I’m not. I was nice to him.”

“Right, until you found out how I knew him.” I pointed out.

“So? I don’t like guys hitting on my girlfriend.”

“He wasn’t hitting on me.” I hissed.

“Oh, he wasn’t?” He laughed, his voice consumed with sarcasm.

“No! he wasn’t Billie.”

“Yea right.” He snorted. “He was hitting on you. But you don’t want to admit it, cause you liked it.”

“You really believe that?” I asked, my voice rising.

“Yes. I do.” Billie’s voice rising to match mine. “I saw how you were looking at him.”

I stood there, staring at him, shocked at what he had just said. “I can’t believe this.” I whispered.

“Well, believe it.”

“I’ll be at the hotel.” I muttered, walking towards the direction we had came. I was expecting him to stop me but he didn’t. so I stopped and looked at him for a second. He was looking down. “I’ll see you later.” I said, quietly, continuing down the street.

***

‘I can’t believe he thinks that. How could he? He knows I care about him. Fuck, everything’s messed up. But there was nothing going on between Ethan and I. And there’s never going to be anything between us. How could Billie be so stupid? Dammit.’ I thought to myself as I sat on the couch, pulling my feet under me, and grabbing the remote. I flipped through the channels for awhile before deciding there was nothing on. Fucking television anyway. I heard some people talking outside, which I figured out to be Mike, Tre and Rhianna. But I didn’t hear Billie at all.

“Hey Lisa, can we come in?” Mike asked.

“Yea.” I didn’t bother getting up, cause I figured that Tre had taken another key somehow. I was right. The three of them filed into the room, sitting quietly on the couch across from me.

“Ignore Billie. He gets jealous easily.” Mike said, gently.

“There’s no reason to be jealous. Nothing is going on. And he knows I care about him.”

“We know that, and you know that. But Billie doesn’t always know that. Billie is paranoid about girls he cares about. He always has been. Still, that’s no excuse, but…” Tre trailed off.

“But…?” I repeated. My eyes questioning.

“But, you did look kind of comfortable with that Ethan guy.” He said quietly, looking down.

My temper flared, “What the fuck is that supposed to mean?” I spat angrily. Forcing Tre to meet my eyes.

“It means that Billie could’ve mistook what was actually going on for something else.”

It clicked then. Ethan turning towards me, smiling. Me, smiling back. Fuck. I understood now. “Fuck.” I whispered. “That’s not what I meant it to look like.”

“We know.” Rhianna said. “But Billie didn’t. “Come on, guys, lets go. I think Lisa needs to think about some things.” She said, looking at me.

I nodded and silently thanked her for knowing me so well.

“Tre, I’m staying in your room tonight.” Rhianna said, walking out of the suite. Tre ran after her, grinning widely.

“Bye, guys!” He called over his shoulder.

Mike stayed where he was though. “Lisa, are you ok?”

“Yea, Mike, I’m fine. But I feel bad now. For how I acted. I mean, how it must have looked to Billie. I feel awful.”

“Don’t. It could happen to anyone.” He assured me, walking to the door. “I’m here if you want to talk.”

“Thanks Mike. But, where‘s Billie?” I asked, concerned.

“He said he’d be back later. That he needed time to think.” He frowned.

“Oh.” I mumbled, looking down.

“Don’t worry, he’ll be fine.” Mike said, giving me a hug, before leaving.

“I hope so.” I sighed, closing the door.

Collapsing on my bed, I decided that I shouldn’t wait up for Billie. God knows what he’s doing. I closed my eyes, suddenly overcome with tiredness. Finally after about an hour of waiting up, even when I told myself I wouldn’t, sleep came.

I could’ve sworn it had only been a few minutes, but when I looked at the clock, it read 4:19 a.m. Now the only question was: Who the fuck was in bed with me? I felt strong arms wrap around my waist. Then I realized it was Billie. He nuzzled his head into my neck, sighing heavily. I couldn’t turn over to face him though, because of how tightly he was holding on to me.

“I’m shorry Leesha.” He slurred against my neck. “Gooshnight.” He slurred quietly, before placing a drunken kiss on my neck, sending shivers down my body.

Soon, I was asleep too, thinking about how he sounded when he was saying he was sorry. He sounded sincere.

***

I woke up, glancing at the clock. 11:47 a.m. Damn. I slept in. I decided to get up before my day was completely wasted, but I couldn’t move. I struggled a bit more before realizing that Billie was next to me, his arms still wrapped around me. Somehow I was able to turn over. Looking at Billie's sleeping face made me forget all of my anger from last night. I couldn’t stay mad at him. Damn him for being able to do that to me. He started to wake up, mumbling to himself. I laughed at how he sounded, and that seemed to wake him up more. He opened his eyes, trying to focus on my face. Making me laugh even more. His eyes slowly opened all the way.

“Hey.” He grumbled. Looking at where he was. “Sorry. Didn’t mean to take up half your bed.”

“It’s ok.” I said, still smiling.

“No, it’s not.” He sighed.

“Yes it is.” I said again, confused.

“No, I’m not talking about me being in your bed. I’m talking about last night.”

“Oh.”

“Yea. I really am sorry. I over reacted.”

“Maybe, but it was my fault too. I guess I did look pretty comfortable there.”

He laughed and shook his head. “I’m sorry.”

“That’s the third time you’ve told me this morning.” I smirked. “It’s fine Billie.”

“I’ve only told you twice.” He said, trying to remember if he was right or not.

“No, you told me earlier too. At 4:00 this morning.” I laughed.

“I did?”

“Yea, when you first came in here. You wrapped your arms around me, and whispered, “I’m shorry Leesha.” I grinned.

“Oh.” he laughed. “Well, I am”

“Billie, enough. I forgive you. I just hope you can forgive me.”

“I was never mad at you.” He sighed, nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck. Kissing the tender skin lightly.

“You weren’t?”

“No. I was mad at myself. For letting the jealousy take over. I tend to do that sometimes.” He said, flashing me one of his famous grins. Making my heart swell.

I nodded, pressing myself against him firmly, closing my eyes. Billie wrapped his arms around me more tightly, kissing my shoulder. I sighed, content, before falling asleep in his arms.