Status: Hiatus

I Can't Believe This

The Phone Call

“Damn sun.” I said as I opened my eyes. I looked over at the clock sitting on my night table. 8:26. God, that is way too early to be getting up. I had just put me head back down on my pillow when the door to my bedroom burst open. Jesus, now what? “Rise and shine!” Rhianna yelled as she jumped onto my bed.

“Fuck off.” I mumbled.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk, that’s not very nice." She said as her finger waved back in forth in front of my face.

“It’s 8:26...do you think I care if I’m being nice?"

“Actually it 8:31."

“Oh, well that changes everything.” I said as I crawled under the covers further. It went silent in my room, and after a few minutes went by I decided to see where she had gone. I looked around my room, no one was there. I can’t believe it, I think Rhianna actually gave up trying to get me up early. She’s been trying to do that since we were in high school, but I guess she finally decided it was useless. Oh well, better late than never. I dropped my head back onto my fluffy pillow and proceeded to go back to sleep.
“What the fuck!?” I yelled as I felt my pajamas become as cold as ice.

“Shoulda gotten up the first time I came in.” Rhianna said as she smirked. She then turned on her heel and left the room without another word.

“She is so fucking dead.” I grumbled as I got changed out of the cold, dripping pajamas.

I can’t believe her I thought as I walked into the kitchen to see her sitting at the table eating what I assumed was cereal.

“Good morning sunshine.” She smirked.

“Ha. It would’ve been better without the ice water.” I complained.

“Yea, well, it got you up didn’t it?”

“True.”

“Sow what do you want to do today?”

“Um…I don’t know, I guess we could go to the movies, or something.

“We’ve already seen all the movies, plus they all suck.”

“Yea, well I don’t know.” I said as I tried to think of something we could do. It was quiet for a long time, or it seemed like it to me. But our thoughts were interrupted when the ring of our phone filled the house.

“I got it!” We both yelled at the same time. We both went running into the kitchen. Luckily I got there first.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Oh, uh, hey Lisa?”

Oh my god. It was Billie Joe. Wow, I guess he didn’t waste anytime calling me. Jesus, look at me I’m a mess. Wait, what the hell? I’m on the phone. God. Get a grip. Breathe in….breathe out….breathe I…

“Lisa?”

“Oh, sorry I just, uh, got distracted. What’s up?”

He laughed quietly and continued, “so I was wondering if you maybe wanted to do something today?”

Of course I want to do something with you, wait that sounds dirty. Play it cool…”Uh, yea, that’d be great. What did you have in mind?”

“Well my sons are at their mom’s house for today, so do you maybe wanna come over?” There was a pause before he added quickly, “Tre and Mike will be there too. And you could invite your friend.”

“That’d be great.” Wait, did he say that his sons are at their mom’s house? What the? Oh, whatever. “Let me ask Rhianna if she wants to come, hold on.”

“Ok.”

“Rhianna!” I yelled and ran into the living room.

“What?”

“Do you wanna come with me to Billie’s house today?”

“Well, I don’t know, I mean you guys might want some alone time…” She snickered.

“Shut up. Mike and Tre are going to be there too.” I said as I threw a pillow at her. At the mention of Tre her eyes immediately lit up.

“Really? Of course I’ll come! I mean…yea sure.” She grinned.

“Great let me ask Billie what time.” I raced back to the phone. “Hey, I’m back. What time do you want us to come over?”

“Um…how ‘bout around 3:00?”

“Sounds great.”

“Ok, see ya then. Bye.”

“Bye.” I ran back into the living room tripping on the corner of the couch and falling to the floor.

“Wow, you’re graceful.” Rhianna said smiling.

“Shut up. He wants us there around 3:00” I told her as I rubbed my hurt toe. Stupid couch. Then the phone rang again. I picked up the cordless next to me. “Hello?”

“Hey, sorry I forgot to tell you guys to bring your swim suits.” Billie told me.

“Swim suits? Oh ok, well thanks for calling me again. I mean us. To let us know about the swim suits.” God you fucking spaz just shut the hell up.

I heard him laugh again and say “No problem. See you at 3:00.”

“Yea see you at 3:00. Bye.”

“Bye.”

I hung up the phone and looked over at Rhianna. “Shut up.”

“I didn’t say anything.” She said innocently.

“You were thinking it.”

“Thinking what? That you’re a spaz?”

“Yes.”

“Oh, well, then you’re right.” She smirked.