Status: Hiatus

I Can't Believe This

Time Alone

“So, are you seeing Billie today?”

I look over at Rhianna, her face full of curiosity, a smile creeping its way onto my face.

“I’ll take that as a yes.”

Billie Joe and I have been together now for a week. And it’s been the greatest week of my life. I couldn’t wait for later today, because Billie is picking me up and we’re going to the mall, and maybe seeing a movie later.

“So what about you and Tre?” I ask.

“We’re hanging out tomorrow, going to the movies or something.” She states, a grin growing on her face.

I nod and look over at the clock realizing that Billie will be here in 30 minutes to pick me up. I race to my bedroom to figure out what I’m going to wear. After looking through countless tops, and jeans I decide on a simple black tank top with regular blue jeans. I pull my hair up into a ponytail and apply some eyeliner. A very casual out fit for a very casual day. As I’m making my way down the stairs I hear the doorbell ring out, signaling that Billie has arrived. “Lisa, hurry up, Billie’s here.” Rhianna calls. ‘Thanks for the tip.’ I think to myself. I come downstairs and there he is, wearing tight black pants and a white shirt, he looks just like he always does, but it’s still enough to make my heart speed up.

“Hey.” He says when he sees me. “You look great.”

“Thanks.” I reply, wanting to tell him that he also looks good, but afraid the words will get stuck in my throat. We head out to the car and set off to the mall. Just as we’re getting out of the car, Billie puts on a hat and sunglasses. I’m assuming so people don’t recognize who he is. We make our way inside and walk straight towards Hot Topic. I’ve always loved this store. I make my way over to the band tees and see what kind of selection they have.

“Lisa, you should wear this.” Calls Billie Joe, holding up a piece of lacey, black lingerie, his eyes twinkling.

“Oh of course.” I say sarcastically.

“You’re no fun.” He says pouting.

“Aw, I’m sorry, tell you what, I’ll make it up to you later.” I say and softly kiss him.

“Hmm, deal.”

I just laugh at how easy it is to make him feel better as we walk out of Hot Topic. I rest my head on Billie’s shoulder as we walk, enjoying the alone time we’re finally getting. But that’s interrupted when people start gathering around us, shouting things like, ‘Oh my God! It’s Billie Joe from Green Day!’ I feel Billie sigh as the crowd gets closer, holding pieces of paper up for him to sign. I just sit there watching all of the people and think that Adrienne was really patient to put up with things like this. Finally the yelling subsides and Billie comes back over to where I’ve plopped myself down on a bench close by.

“Sorry about that. Fans” He says looking at me.

I just nod and continue to walk beside him. I know I’m being a total bitch to him, and it’s not his fault that people adore him, but I want time with him, just us. And ever since we got together it’s like we haven’t had any alone time. And again we’re interrupted by a preppy looking girl walking up to Billie asking for an autograph. I stand beside him and watch the her ogle over my boyfriend. She looks over at me and glares., obviously jealous.

“I’m sorry to hear about your divorce with Adrienne.” She says, looking directly at me.

Bitch.

“You two were so great together.”

I’d shut my mouth if I were you.

“Uh, yea, thanks, but I’m ok.” He replies looking at the bitch, I mean…fan, and then at me, seeing that I’m beginning to get pissed off.

“Yea, well you’ll find someone again.” She says smiling at him.

She’s lucky we’re in public.

“I already have.” He tells her proudly, putting his arm around me, causing me to smile.

“Whatever.” She says looking pissed off. Then she turns to leave, but not before shooting me one more glare.

Bitch.

“Why don’t we go back to my place? We could use some alone time.” He says as if reading my mind.

I smile and say, “Why Billie, you naughty boy.”

“That’s not what I meant and you know it. But ya know, I wouldn’t be against it at all.” He replies, obviously becoming aroused.

“Well, you never know.” I say and keep walking.

“Really? Yes!” He says excitedly.

***

“Do you want something to drink?” Billie asks as we stroll into the kitchen.

“That’d be great. Have any Dr. Pepper?”

“Actually I do. I don’t why though, I hate that stuff. Joey and Jake must’ve left here.”

“You don’t like Dr. Pepper? I can’t believe you. That’s like, hating puppies or something.”

He just stops and looks at me, then says, “Root Beer is better.”

“It is not.”

“Is to.” He whines, sticking out his tongue.

“We’re five.”

“I know.”

I laugh and walk into the lounge, sprawling myself out on one of the couches.

“Think there’s room on that for me?” He asks giving me puppy dog eyes, which is so hard to resist.

I look beside me, clearly seeing enough room for Billie. “No.” I reply simply.

“But, but, I gave you puppy dog eyes…and…and” He pouts at me.

“I’m just kidding.” I say patting the seat next to me. Billie walks over and sit down next to me. We sit there for a few minutes in silence until I land on my ass on the floor in front of the couch.

“Having trou…trouble?” He asks in between laughs.

“You pushed me!” I accuse.

“I did not, you fell.”

“Uh huh…sure I did.”

“You did, but look at the bright side, there’s room for me now.” He says laughing.

I stand back up sit next to him on the couch, proceeding to poke him in the side.

“You did not just do that.” He says like a valley girl.

“Oh I think I did.”

You’re gonna regret it.” He says slyly. He sits there for a moment until he suddenly lunges and starts tickling me.

“No, Billie! Stop!” I yell trying to catch my breath. He keeps tickling me until we lose our balance and roll off the couch and onto the ground, him landing on top of me. We lie there for a minute, just staring at each other until I break the silence. “You thinking of getting up anytime soon?” I ask . He just smiles, leans in and kisses me. “Hmm, on second thought, don’t get up.” I say and lean in to kiss him again, snaking my arms around his neck. The kiss turns more passionate as I feel his tongue slide against my lip, begging entrance into my mouth, which I gladly comply and open my mouth more. This feeling is like none other that I have ever felt. And it’s not just the kiss I’m talking about. I have never felt this way about anyone before. We continue to kiss until I hear a phone ringing., but Billie doesn’t seem to hear it. “Billie, the phone.” I mumble against his lips.

“Let it ring.” He says and continues to kiss me.

“Billie.” I say, breaking from the kiss.

“Fine, fine, I’ll answer it, but you owe me.” He says walking to the kitchen.

I get up to see what the phone call is about, hearing Billies voice rise a bit.
“Adie, you can’t do this. I wont let you.” there’s a pause and I hear him sigh, agitated. “No, Adie I have to see my kids…yes I do…I’m not gonna hurt them Adie, for Christ’s sake, I’m their father.” Another pause. “Well, bring them over tomorrow…yes, tomorrow. Leave her out of this.” I hear him command, sounding more pissed off. Am I the one he wants to leave out of this? “Yea, ok Adie, see you tomorrow…I won’t. Bye” He sighs one more time before walking back towards the lounge. I run as quickly as I can back to the couch, acting like I didn’t hear anything. “Joey and Jake are coming tomorrow.”

“They are?” I ask, trying to act surprised, but it doesn’t work.

“I know you were listening.”

“Oh.” I say, feeling really stupid about not letting him have his privacy.

“It’s ok. Not like you weren’t going to find out anyway right?”

I just smile at how understanding he is and pat the seat next to me.

“I want you to meet them.”

“What?” I ask.

“Tomorrow, I want you to meet Joey and Jake. I mean they’re gonna meet you sometime, so why not tomorrow?”

“I know, but I didn’t think I’d meet them this soon. What if they don’t like me?”

“Are you kidding? If they see half of what I see in you, they’ll love you.”

I smile at him, still not sure, and thinking about what he just said, my stomach filling up with butterflies. God, how did I get this lucky? “Ok. What time?”

“They’re coming at 2:00, so how about you show up about 1:00?”

“Ok. I’ll be here. But for now I should go.”

He looks at me like he wants me to stay but he smiles. “You’re gonna be fine. I promise.” He says, trying to reassure me as we walk to the door. He gives me a ride back to my apartment, the ride being very quiet. When we reach my front door he gives me one more kiss and tells me I’ll be fine. I nod, smiling and walk inside.

I just hope he’s right.