I've Got A Secret, Please Don't Repeat It

chapter eight'

Rebecca woke up the next morning very sore, very nauseas, and with a killer headache. She slowly opened her eyes, realizing that a pair of arms were situated around her naked waist. Naked? Rebecca turned on her side to come face-to-face with Lukas Podolski. She groaned, realizing what probably took place last night.

“Morning schön, enjoy last night?” Lukas asked her groggily.

Rebecca was nervous to answer, “What happened last night?”

Lukas laughed, “You really don’t remember anything that happened last night?”

“I don’t know if I want to remember…”

Lukas whispered in Rebecca’s ear, a full detailed description of their night.

Rebecca groaned again, and started hitting her head off the headboard. Lukas pulled her into his arms to prevent any more damage to the beautiful Spaniard.

Rebecca felt oddly comforted in Lukas’ arms, but not in the sense of romantically comforted. Rather, comforted by a friend.

Rebecca turned so she was facing Lukas and quietly said, “I think that we should…”

“Shhh…” Lukas whispered. “Don’t ruin the moment.

Rebecca groaned again, she had a habit of doing that.

She looked into Lukas’ eyes and quietly said, “Last night was a mistake, Luis never told me about playing in the EURO cup, Fernando is frustrating me…”

Rebecca continued blabbing until Lukas cut her off with his lips. As much as Rebecca wanted to just be friends, Lukas was a damn good kisser.

After making out for what seemed like eternity, Lukas responded, “I completely agree.”

Rebecca looked at him like he had grown a third eye, “Then what was that?” Rebecca said referring to their make-out session.

Lukas laughed, “I had to do something to get you to shut-up.”

Rebecca smiled, “Very inventive, Mr. Podolski.”

The two decided that they had laid in bed long enough, and started to collect their clothes that had been thrown in every direction from last night. Rebecca was half way through dressing, when she stopped in shock, realizing the team probably saw her come home with Lukas last night.

Lukas sensed her distress, walked over and gave her a hug, whispering to her, “Don’t worry, no one will know. We’ll deny that anything happened.”

Rebecca was slightly reassured, but still felt a little uneasy.
Boy did she need a long chat with Rafa.

Lukas and Rebecca exchanged phone numbers, wanting to keep in touch. Lukas desperately wanted to become “friends with benefits,” Rebecca was completely opposed to this. After some “persuasion” from Lukas, she agreed.

Rebecca was saying good-bye to Lukas, knowing that they probably wouldn’t see each other for awhile. Spain and Germany were in different pools and they probably wouldn’t meet until the playoffs. Lukas turned back to Rebecca, giving her a passionate final kiss, not knowing that the door was slightly ajar and that someone was watching from across the hall.

Rebecca blushed when she pulled away, Lukas whispered to her, “Something to remember me by.” And he walked out of the door, leaving Rebecca to ponder her thoughts, only to have Sergio plough through into her room, wanting the full details of her night. Sadly, there’s no way to lie to Sergio.

Rebecca and Sergio made their way down to eat breakfast with the team, when they saw Fernando running down the hall, yelling to hold the door. Rebecca slyly pushed the ‘close door’ button, “Oops! Wrong button.” Sergio and Rebecca laughed until their sides hurt as Fernando sprinted to the elevator only to have it shut in his face.

“I see that a night of drunken bliss put you in a good mood,” Sergio commented.

Rebecca turned to him, giving him a cold stare. Sergio put his hands up in a peace gesture, “I was only stating the obvious!”

Breakfast went slowly, Rebecca got several cold stares from Fernando, but those were deserved. The only time she got scared was when Luis joined them for breakfast. Now his stare made Rebecca want to dig herself a hole and live there for the rest of her life.

Luis motioned for her to come; she walked to him like a puppy with its tail between its legs. The two walked in silence before Luis spoke, “Do you want to tell me what happened last night?”

Rebecca quickly countered, “When were you planning on telling me I was playing for Spain?”

Luis’ temper quickly rose, “Don’t change the subject! Do you know what kind of frenzy it will be if the tabloids find out you were involved with someone from another team?”

Rebecca sunk back and quietly answered, “I know. Everything, I guess, caught up with me. And I just wanted to forget everything.”

Luis hugged the Rebecca, knowing full well what had happened in her past. “Just don’t let it happen again, don’t tell the team about our conversation. It’s our little secret,” Luis said with a wink.

The team made their way to the practice field; Luis ran a light practice, with the key word being light. Most of the team had several drinks at the dinner the night before, so the boys were fairly sluggish.

The team did some sight-seeing before heading back to the hotel for an early supper and a good night’s rest. Rebecca rode up in the elevator with Sergio, noticing the absence of Fernando.

“Not that I care, but where’s your sidekick?”

“If you mean Fernando, he’s gone out for dinner, by himself,” Sergio said with a wink. “If you know what I mean.”

Rebecca’s smile dropped, feeling slightly jealous.

Before the two parted to different rooms, Rebecca handed Sergio her extra room key. “Just in case Fernando brings his date home so you can make a quick escape,” Rebecca said with a frown.

Sergio took notice of her gloomy attitude, but didn’t press any matters.

Rebecca turned into her room, without a goodbye, wanting to spend the rest of the night eating ice cream and talking to Rafa.

Rebecca ordered her ice cream from room service, called Rafa and talked for almost 4 hours. Half of the time was spent crying for no apparent reason. Rebecca slowly became tired of crying and quietly said good-night to her best friend and fell into a deep slumber.

So deep that she didn’t hear Sergio come into her room in the middle of the night. Even deeper that she didn’t hear Sergio comment on her tear stained cheeks, “He’s not worth crying over mi querido.”
♠ ♠ ♠
"'Cause we've got nothing to lose, but us so here we go again."
~ The Medic Droid