I've Got A Secret, Please Don't Repeat It

chapter nine'

Rebecca was startled awake when she heard something crash to the ground. She slowly opened her eyes to see a guilty looking Sergio trying to quietly leave her room.

“Nice try Rammy, but you make as much noise as a herd of elephants,” Rebecca coyly said.

“I didn’t want to give you another reason to cry over Fernando,” Sergio said sadly.

Rebecca looked at Sergio with sad eyes, “I wasn’t just crying over him, I was crying at my mistake of sleeping with Lukas in the first place. Also, being in this situation in the first place, I’m the first female player. Do you know how much pressure is on me? I’m also mourning for my father...”

Rebecca stopped when she realized that she let one of her biggest secrets out of the bag. She sprinted to the door, acting as a barrier between the door and Sergio.

“You have to promise to never repeat that ever again,” Rebecca growled.

Sergio just looked at her with wide eyes; he couldn’t remember the last time that Rebecca had spoken so harshly towards him. “You have nothing to worry about. Your father was a good man and I don’t plan on blemishing his name.”

Rebecca’s face soften, knowing her secret would be safe with Sergio and that he wouldn’t repeat it.

Rebecca continued to hang out with the team, sight-seeing and watching the matches that came before their’s. Spain had the luxury of being in Pool D, which meant they played on the fourth day.

Every day that went by, Rebecca became more and more nervous. She hadn’t played in a competitive situation in almost 3 years, how would she fare? Especially against males, males that made it their mission to win the tournament for their country.

Game day; Rebecca hadn’t slept a wink the night before, never did Sergio. For two obvious reasons, 1) Fernando brought another date home and 2) Rebecca needed someone to keep her sane.

The team filed onto their bus, which was decorated in the Spanish colours. Rebecca didn’t notice, she was too busy glaring daggers into Fernando’s back, who was smirking and strutting like a peacock because he got ‘some action’ last night.

Rebecca couldn’t understand why she was so nervous, it’s not like she was going to be a starter. It’s not like Russia was one of the pre-tournament favourites. She never got nervous for her games back in Canada. Maybe it was because she knew her father was watching and a whole country obsessed with soccer was depending on her.

Rebecca started pacing the dressing room, hands held behind her back, mumbling to herself. Sergio could only look on, as he watched his best friend eat herself up. He wished he knew where the confident Rebecca had gone, the one he used to know. He planned on getting that girl back.

Rebecca was stopped abruptly, the obstacle being Iker. Rebecca looked up to a smiling Iker, “There’s nothing to worry about.” Iker gave Rebecca a hug in the process.

“The Russian goalie will be quivering in his boots the moment you step on the field. I know I would if I were him,” he whispered in her ear.

Rebecca smiled as she looked around the dressing room, seeing the nods of agreement from the team; scratch that, her team-mates.

Rebecca got a rush of adrenaline the moment she stepped onto the field, lining up with the other substitutes; as she proudly sung the Spanish national anthem.

The first half of the game went beautiful; Rebecca couldn’t believe the partnership between David Villa and Fernando. She lost count of the number of chances they created together. David scored two first half goals. The crowd went crazy. The Russians looked defeated after the first half.

During half time, Luis pulled her aside and quietly told her, “I’m taking Fernando off for you, this is your big chance. I know you can do it.”

Rebecca just stared at Luis, how could he take off El Niño? How would the crowd react, would they boo or cheer for her?

Her moment came at the 54th minute, when she saw the fourth official raise the board, indicating Spain was going to use its first substitution.

In: 13. Out: 9.
(A/N: In this story, pretend that Spain only brought 2 goalies: Iker Casillas and Pepe Reina)

Rebecca heart skipped a beat; this would be her big break. She took off her jacket, walked towards the half line, getting lots of smiles and claps on the back from the bench. Luis wrapped his arm around her, “I want you to be strong, forget that they’re males. Play tough and score one for dad,” he said with a smile.

The referee signalled for the substitution, Fernando’s face dropped when he realized it was his number being called. Rebecca didn’t know how to react to Fernando, thinking of the simplest gesture, she put her hands up for a ‘high five.’ Only to have Fernando brush past both her and Luis, she turned around to see her expression matched his.

Rebecca stood there frozen, not knowing what to do. Luis finally barked at her to get on the field and that she was wasting time. She sprinted onto the field, testing her feet and most importantly, her knees.

The rest of the match went spectacular; she set up David for his final goal. Rebecca even had a couple shots on net. The only negative part was her mess-up at the half line led towards Roman Pavlyuchenko’s 86th minute goal. To make matters worse, Roman rubbed her mistake in her face, “Nice mess-up doll face, mind doing it another couple times?”

This resulted in Sergio and David Silva holding her back from punching the smirk off Roman’s face. But, Rebecca would have her revenge when she tackled Roman to spark Cesc Fabregas’ extra time goal. She made sure to walk right past Roman and sent a well deserved wink his way.

Rebecca felt like she was on cloud nine, Spain had beaten Russia 4-1, where she set up two of those goals. Even with the game ending in the early evening, the team went out to celebrate their victory.

Rebecca didn’t know what possessed her to drink a lot; she knew what the outcome would most likely be. But still, she drank, celebrating her first win.

Sergio had promised to himself that he would watch over Rebecca, making sure she didn’t make any more ‘mistakes.’ But he was too caught up in celebrating his own win to notice the amount of drinks she was consuming.

An unlikely person noticed that Rebecca was gravitating towards a very drunken, sleazy looking group of male fans, also at the club celebrating Spain’s first victory.

Fernando worked his way through the crowd, not knowing why he wanted to make sure Rebecca stayed safe. He saw Rebecca stumble to the ground; he reached her in time to save her from hitting the floor.

“Hey cutie! Do I know you?” Rebecca hiccuped. “How ‘bout we head back to my place and get to know each other,” Rebecca followed with an attempted wink.

Fernando could only shake his head at Rebecca’s attempt at a pick-up line and carried her outside the club to call a taxi. Rebecca was all over Fernando during the ride back to the hotel, not knowing what she was doing.

Fernando piggy-backed Rebecca up to her room, where he planned on putting her to sleep and then making it an early night for himself. His plans where put to an abrupt halt when Rebecca crashed her lips onto his. Fernando didn’t stop to think for a minute, deepening the kiss even further as he carried her to the bed.

Fernando expertly undid Rebecca’s pants as she drunkenly attempted to undo his. Fernando could only laugh as the girl giggled and hiccuped, failing miserably. The night turned into a blur for Rebecca, who was not in control of her actions.

Rebecca suddenly woke up, early in the morning. Visibly shaken from her dreams, she couldn’t believe she had actually dreamed she had slept with Fernando. Softly laughing to herself, she then realized she was not alone in the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
"You have a dangerous face and illegal taste."
~ Cute Is What We Aim For