Status: Finished

Navigate Me Through Your Body

Panic.

The waiting room was filled. Harlow had quite the band of cheerleaders.

Her mother, her father, her sister, both sets of grandparents and Chloe had been the first to arrive. Aaron and his family had came as soon as they had gotten the call. But not long after that Zack's parents, his older sister Zina and her husband Mike had arrived, with Zack's younger brother Matt following just moments behind.

They all sat praying, and chatting amongst themselves waiting for the latest update on Harlow.

They hadn't heard much.

Harlow was whisked straight back to triage but the paramedics who had transported her, and though her mother had ridden along in the squad, they had sent her to the waiting room with the rest of the family.

And as they sat waiting for any news, any update on Harlow's condition, time seemed to stop.

XXX

The bus was quiet, everyone was resting together in the back, lined up on the wrap around couch, watching some off-beat movie on HBO. But Val's phone rang interrupting the silence.

"Hey Chloe," she chimed softly as Johnny paused the t.v. everyone listening in to the conversation. "yeah we're on our way home now, we should be there in like...two hours?" she said skeptically, lifting an eyebrow. "Oh my God! Is she okay? What happened?" worry filled looks found their way onto everyone's faces. "Okay, we'll be there as soon as we can. If you talk to her tell her we love her! Text me if anything changes!"

Val hung up slowly, tears streaming down her sickly face. Everyone was silent, wondering who would be the one to ask the though question.

But Jimmy opened his mouth, taking Leana closer as he began to speak.

"What's going on?" Val let out a soft sob as she took Matt's hand lacing their fingers.

"It's Harlow," she said softly as Zack's eyes went wide. "shes in the hospital." she said simply as everyone flew into panic mode. Though she was closest with Zack, they had all been insanely close over the years and they had all thought of her as a sister, as one of them.

"What fucking happened?" Zack spat pulling his phone from his pocket.

"They don't know," Val said shrugging. "she called her mom. She just...started bleeding really bad for no reason...they took her to the hospital by ambulance. The doctors aren't saying much until they know more. But Harlow isn't conscious right now..."

"You don't just start bleeding for no fucking reason," Zack spat as Gena rolled her eyes.

"Calm down, Jesus, its Harlow. Who fucking cares?" but they all shot the woman hate filled glares.

"Don't you ever talk like that about Harlow!" Zack shouted, she had never seem him that angry. She was actually...scared of him.

XXX

Mary cried into her husbands chest as he rubbed her back softly in an attempt to comfort her. "Oh God," she sobbed, "when are they going to tell us something!" Pierce placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I'm sure anytime honey..." he mumbled softly.

But it was in that moment footsteps over took the waiting room.

Tattooed men and women joined the crowd, offering somber looks towards the family.

"Hey you guys..." Mary managed softly pulling herself form the chair hugging everyone of them as they all longed for the answer to the same question.

"How is she?" Zack asked as he took the woman who had been his second mother into his strong arms. Letting her sob into his chest as he laid his head on her shoulder, letting his tears run wild.

"We haven't heard anything yet..."

Kristi moved, allowing Zack to take the seat next to Mary, letting them talk more. She wanted him to know about the situation. It had been close to thirty minutes when an exhausted looking doctor walked out, looking around the crowded room before he spotted the older woman, who looked like an aged Harlow.

"Harlow Kensington?" he asked quickly taking a seat across form the family, all of them nodding in sequence.

"I'm Mary, her mother," the doctor nodded quickly laying Harlow's chart on his lap.

"Alright well, I'm Dr. Harmon, I have been taking care of Harlow. She a fighter," he said softly, glancing at her mother as a tear streamed down her face, as she tightened her grip on Zack's hand. "to put it simply, Harlow had an ovarian cyst that ruptured. But when the cyst ruptured, it caused her to hemorrhage..." Mary gasped, holding her free hand over her mouth.

"What about the baby?" Harlow's father finally asked softly as all the unaware eyes in the room went wide with shock. But it was Zack who's mind began to reel. Baby? Harlow was pregnant? When had this happened?

"the baby is also a fighter..." Dr. Harmon said softly. "the baby has a strong steady heartbeat, the placenta is still attached, the membrane didn't rupture. The baby should be just fine. It looks completely healthy." Mary and Pierce kissed softly with joy as Kristi let out a sigh of relief. "Harlow is awake, she is in a little pain but otherwise doing well. We're preparing to move her up to a private room. I want to keep her here for the next few days for observation. But once we get her moved and settled, you can all see her." he said simply shaking Mary and Pierce's hand before leaving them to all sit and take in the information she had been given.

Mary let out a soft sigh looking at Zack, who looked completely crushed. "She's pregnant?" he mumbled softly as she nodded.

"Yeah sweetheart, she is..."

His heart began to ache. If he hadn't had a chance with Harlow before, then he certainly didn't have one now that she was carrying Aaron's baby...but he thought for a second.

He and Harlow had been together a few times before he had left for tour, and the last time he hadn't used a condom.

The possibility then flashed in his mind.

Was this baby his?
♠ ♠ ♠
This is me, avoiding homework.

The bad news? I'm all caught up.
Everything I have written is currently available for you to read.
However you wont have to wait forever to see the next chapter, Friday or Saturday at the latest.
I promise.

Feedback is much appreciated :)